News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dam it all. :)

Started by plum500, January 31, 2008, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Started fabrication of an air dam spoiler tonight. Lots left to to - just loose fitting. More bolts, support, trimming (top and supports etc), and then finish work to give it a nice brushed look, and shine up those spoiler braces etc... but you get the idea. My car is admittedly going to be more show than go at first, because that's the stuff I'm able to learn and do first. Pretty much going for an old school, slightly custom look with a bit of a race look thrown in.
Anyhoo, enough rambling.... good, bad, fire away :) (those braces aren't mounted to the spoiler yet, if they appear uneven)

moparguy01

you should take some more pictures. from that one it looks pretty decent. and theres nothing wrong with doing things as you learn them when your working on doing your own stuff. You can always build a hopped up drivetrain for it later. :2thumbs:

Charger1973

yeah more pics man.  looks like it could be neat

plum500

...it looks much better in person - I hesitate to post this work in progress pic because it looks pretty rough .. it won't when it's done :) Here's the inspiration pic too - though I'm choosing to go just short of the edge of the park lights - and I added the adjustable braces. With the bumper done body color, and a set of blacked out (just the inner grill) hideaways - I think it will do the trick.

Charger1973

NMike

is that the car from the first Cannon Ball Run movies? :icon_smile_wink:

400/6/PAC

tan top

looks good ,  :yesnod: nice work  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

Excellent idea! Good work too!
Keep us posted.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

plum500

Thanks for all the feedback - it's very encouraging. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow night.  :cheers:

Charger1973

I think the purple bumper adds to it too. 

hemihead

Quote from: NMike on February 02, 2008, 02:05:45 AM

You are thinking of Brock Yates' Challenger if I remember correctly .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

41husk

I agree with the color coded bumper I think it really adds to the high impact color cars.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69and71

Quote from: NMike on February 02, 2008, 02:05:45 AM

Thats the 24 hour LeMans car from 74, and raced there the last two years,

Plum500, Hows that bumper fit,it looks like a cool project, keep the updates coming please.   CHEERS

plum500

I'll definitely post the pics when it's done.  :cheers:

Here's another example - shorter though, but something else I've been lookin at...

plum500

It took me a looong time to figure out what I wanted to do to this thing... here's what the plan is:

- windshield is only dark to hide the white interior on the original pic - mine will be all black with purple inserts in the seats (they are actually all done)
- I am getting rid of the antenna
- grill surrounds will be silver and chrome trimmed, not blacked out - just the grill portion
- I think the 383 callouts will work better if I get a screamer built under the hood :)

Charger1973

I like the grille idea, it sounds like it will be pretty similar to mine. 

I'm not so sure about the hood callouts though.  :scratchchin:  I guess I will have to see the finished product.   I actually ended up taking my antenna off too. 

plum500

...finished the spoiler - holes/mounting it etc, and polished it up. Adjusters are all done up as well. I'm going to have an 1/8" black plastic "skin" made for it so I can switch the look up. Will have a light blue Mopar logo with pentastars on either side on the black one. Will take pics when all is mounted on the finished car :)

jaak

Hemidog

Very nice work, slap that thing on the car, and show us some pics!

plum500

:cheers:

...I hope to get it on the car soon - need to do some more work up front first, and shoot it....

..here's progress on look #2. A piece of 1/8" black acrylic I cut to lay over the polished aluminum. (probably mostly for show/shine days) Bolts/washers all protected from it with rubber washers. Gonna slap a nice big light blue Mopar winshield decal across this - with pentastars on either side. That way, I won't be putting it on the windshield, and for a weekend where I feel like rolling plain - almost stock looking, I won't have that on the windshield. And the spoiler will come off in minutes with no evidence of it left behind.

Look #3 will be from a 1/8" sheet of black ABS cut in the same fashion as the acrylic, except I'll have the wrinkle finish on it (natural for this abs), and no decal.

Here's the acrylic before the decal.... decal goes on tonight....

Charger1973

Man, seriously...  you should market these.  That looks amazing.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 10, 2008, 01:03:40 PM
Man, seriously...  you should market these.  That looks amazing.

:iagree:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

plum500

:cheers:
...got the decal on. Holy crap - I cannot handle the stress of doing decals. :) Looks much better in person, can't really get a good flash pic of it without washing out the sharpness of the blue - will be glad when a couple air bubbles (hopefully) disappear in a few days. Looks a bit skewed in this pic, but it's as straight as a pin. -- 1/8 bends pretty easy just sitting there, and the a and the r have a weird look from that angle. But it's straight front on, that's for dam sure. Haha. Sorry for the pun.

Here's a pic of the abs stuff too. No time to cut it tonight, will probably leave that - and go back to working the front of the car so I can get this thing on.

Thanks again for all the feedback too  :thumbs: