News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trim clip ID

Started by bull, January 29, 2008, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm missing a trim clip for the wide molding that runs along the outside of the windows at the top of the doors and quarter panels. The specific piece I'm talking about is the trim that stops at the front of the quarter window right where the door seam is.

I need one and I'm trying to visually identify the clip on Mr. G's website: http://www.mrgusa.com/

Shakey

Maybe this will help you pal? 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23879.0.html#bot

Also, in the attached photo there are six fasteners when there should be seven.  I was missing one of the smaller ones.  I just installed these pieces this past weekend.  I've got more photos, but they're at work.

BTW - are you back on your feet or are you still milkin' it?   :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

bull, the clips in the pics Shakey posted are for the door top "belt" molding

The 1/4 panel "belt" molding fastens differently, using screws that will be covered by the cat whisker.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

So are the large, threaded clips the ones for the ends of the trim piece and the smaller ones for the middle?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on January 29, 2008, 08:32:42 PM
So are the large, threaded clips the ones for the ends of the trim piece and the smaller ones for the middle?

The clip with the stud is for the rear of the door molding, and the get gradually smaller as they reach the front.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Shakey

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 29, 2008, 08:40:48 PM

The clip with the stud is for the rear of the door molding, and the get gradually smaller as they reach the front.

Correct, just as they are in the photo, keeping in mind I am missing the last one.

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 29, 2008, 10:21:26 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 29, 2008, 08:40:48 PM

Correct, just as they are in the photo, keeping in mind I am missing the last one.

Sorry to ignore your other question, Shakey, I was on my way out the door to have dinner at Olive Garden. :drool5:

I am doing fine overall and should be returning to work as soon as they get my protime level (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prothrombin_time) evened out through medication. The doctor has been monitoring it closely and we've had some trouble keeping it stable but there will be another test Thursday and I'm pretty sure it will be right in there. Once the drug level gets on an even keel the blood clots should start dissolving, although the treatment takes six months.

Shakey

Not to worry - hope all is well!

Also, here is another photo of all fourteen of the fasteners for the SS trim for the top of the doors.

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 30, 2008, 06:26:12 AM

Also, here is another photo of all fourteen of the fasteners for the SS trim for the top of the doors.

Any idea where I might get some of those big fasteners for the end? I don't see anything like it in Mr G's catalog.

Shakey

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 30, 2008, 01:52:12 PM

Try these folks:

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

I'll have to call them and/or send them a picture because I'm not seeing it in their catalog either. :shruggy:

Shakey

Make your e-mail to the attention of Dave jr. who is one of the owners and knows Mopars pretty good, or so I am told.

I did the same, sent some photos and he was back to me in no time with a price.

A good company to deal with.

bull

Ok, I screwed up. I missed the point of Brian's post above. The problem is with the 1/4 panel "belt" molding as he says not the door belt molding. So the 1/4 panel "belt" molding attaches with screws?

Charger-Bodie

bull,

here is a pic of a clip, and one of the clip in place, and finally one a little bigger area.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on January 30, 2008, 05:14:27 PM
Ok, I screwed up. I missed the point of Brian's post above. The problem is with the 1/4 panel "belt" molding as he says not the door belt molding. So the 1/4 panel "belt" molding attaches with screws?

Did you even look at the link I provided in my first reply?   :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 30, 2008, 06:17:02 PM
Quote from: bull on January 30, 2008, 05:14:27 PM

Did you even look at the link I provided in my first reply?   :shruggy:

No. ;) Not yet.

Sorry, I'm a tard sometimes.

1969chargerrtse

Great thread.  I just put that same trim piece on my car over the weekend and just thought I was missing a clip or two?  I had no idea there were clips that actually got screwed down?  I am missing those.  Hey bull if you locate them, could you send me the info and part #?  Thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 31, 2008, 06:04:15 AM

Great thread.  I just put that same trim piece on my car over the weekend and just thought I was missing a clip or two?  I had no idea there were clips that actually got screwed down?  I am missing those.  Hey Bull if you locate them, could you send me the info and part #?  Thanks.

Now are you talking about the door trim or the quarter trim?