News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Goldsmith and Allison Charger 500 Race Diecasts

Started by Aero426, January 30, 2008, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Ertl has released the last of the MIC race cars.  They are the Paul Goldsmith and Bobby Allison Charger 500s.   They are 1:18 scale like the wing cars.   Both are editions of 1002 cars each.  Wired Hemi engine and opening hood.  They are $54.95 each or both cars for $100.    Shipping is $10 for one, or $12 for both.   

Aero426

Allison 500

Aero426

Goldsmith drove this car at Daytona in Feb. 1969.  It is believed this is the chassis that became the 200 mph car.

nitrometal

Wow Doug, those look great!   :drool5:

They'll definitely be on my shopping list after we sell our old house. Paying two mortgages is a bitch!  :brickwall:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hemi68charger

Cool Doug.............

Thanks for the update.................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

did allison really run the r/t emblem on his the 500 lower quarter panel  ?  thats funny
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Hey, why did they start coming out with 500 diecast after I told my wife that I was going to stop buying little 1/18th diecast cars?  :RantExplode: Now I'm going to have to go back on my word, and starting puchasing toy cars again, and for me not just my son.

Hmmmmm, maybe I should have wired you some more money Doug. I think I'll wait a while though so that I don't have my wife doing this to me  :slap: :slap:

learical1

Bruce

Aero426

Quote from: learical1 on January 31, 2008, 12:02:43 PM
Window nets? 

Saw that too.   No window nets until mid 1970.  Easily removed though, LOL. 

Ghoste

It's about time they released them, they announced their availability about two years ago.  :P

69_500

So how many of the 500 diecast are there for race teams now Doug?

C500

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2008, 09:43:18 AM
So how many of the 500 diecast are there for race teams now Doug?

:iagree: I'm keen to know this too...anyone have any info???
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Aero426

The #22 and #99 were the only 500 race cars produced.    I believe there were some #71 prototypes, but they never made production. 

Budnicks

Window nets?  
I'm not possitive what year it was had to 70 or later, but Richard Petty had window nets his mother hand made to be safer after a bad role over wreck, with his arms flailing around & Nascar making them run without side windows, because they wanted to slow them Big Dodge Daytona's & Plymouth Superbird's down, I read that some were anyway don't really remember were, might have been on the Petty special when he, his dad Lee Petty or crew chief, was inducted to the "Hall of fame", maybe on speed channel...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

C500

Quote from: Aero426 on October 11, 2011, 07:35:51 PM
The #22 and #99 were the only 500 race cars produced.    I believe there were some #71 prototypes, but they never made production. 

The #71 would be cool. Go nice with my #71 tona.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

held1823

Quote from: Budnicks on October 11, 2011, 08:53:50 PM
Window nets?  
I'm not possitive what year it was had to 70 or later, but Richard Petty had window nets his mother hand made to be safer after a bad role over wreck, with his arms flailing around & Nascar making them run without side windows, because they wanted to slow them Big Dodge Daytona's & Plymouth Superbird's down, I read that some were anyway don't really remember were, might have been on the Petty special when he, his dad Lee Petty or crew chief, was inducted to the "Hall of fame", maybe on speed channel...

from a nascar.com editorial...

Window netting

The idea of a window net keeping the driver secure inside the cockpit was first suggested after two-time champion Joe Weatherly died after striking his head on a guard rail during a race at Riverside in 1964. But NASCAR didn't mandate window nets for another seven years.

It wasn't until Richard Petty's grinding rollover crash during the 1970 Rebel 400 at Darlington that window nets became mandatory instead of optional. During that accident, Petty's helmet and left arm were left danging out of the car. He struck his helmet on the pavement several times and suffered a serious shoulder injury.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

I would like to get the 22 Allison car to match the wing car...I just wish I had some money...

(sigh)

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69_500 on January 30, 2008, 05:04:34 PM
Hey, why did they start coming out with 500 diecast after I told my wife that I was going to stop buying little 1/18th diecast cars?  :RantExplode: Now I'm going to have to go back on my word, and starting puchasing toy cars again, and for me not just my son.

Hmmmmm, maybe I should have wired you some more money Doug. I think I'll wait a while though so that I don't have my wife doing this to me  :slap: :slap:

:smilielol: :smilielol: Yeah, I used the thought it is for the kids too. :rotz:

I'm done (w/ diecasts, famous last words)

Highbanked Hauler

are these cars still around now or was that a few years ago??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

C500

You can find the odd one on ebay. Expect to pay $80 for an Allison car, less for Goldsmith.

Aero426

Still have some #99 Goldsmith cars.  I think we're out of Allison cars.   $65 includes shipping in USA or Canada.

Budnicks

Quote from: held1823 on October 11, 2011, 09:53:48 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 11, 2011, 08:53:50 PM
Window nets?  

from a nascar.com editorial...

Window netting

The idea of a window net keeping the driver secure inside the cockpit was first suggested after two-time champion Joe Weatherly died after striking his head on a guard rail during a race at Riverside in 1964. But NASCAR didn't mandate window nets for another seven years.

It wasn't until Richard Petty's grinding rollover crash during the 1970 Rebel 400 at Darlington that window nets became mandatory instead of optional. During that accident, Petty's helmet and left arm were left danging out of the car. He struck his helmet on the pavement several times and suffered a serious shoulder injury.

Thank you for the clarification... I knew I heard it some were...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks