News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finders Fee

Started by jonw29, October 05, 2011, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

What is the going rate on a finders fee?Since I wasnt born wealthy(just goodlookin) ;D this is how I am gonna have to fund m hobby.Thanks guys.JW

Golden-Arm

depends what you find, i guess. i'd pay up to 10 dollars, if someone could find my motorola razor. i know i lost it somewhere around the house, but i cant find it, and it's turned off.

RallyeMike

I'll give you 50% if you find me a winning lottery ticket. The potential here is unlimited!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BigBlockSam

i will pay you millions , if you could find my wasted youth   :faint:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

62 Max

Quote from: jonw29 on October 05, 2011, 08:46:06 PM
What is the going rate on a finders fee?Since I wasnt born wealthy(just goodlookin) ;D this is how I am gonna have to fund m hobby.Thanks guys.JW

You have to find the wanter first,he will probably want a fee for you finding him ! :scratchchin:

charger Downunder

Five bucks if you can find the remote control. I am always saying it to my kids. :2thumbs:
[/quote]

jonw29

What elese would I expect from this crowd!!!

65post

You should have known you could not get a serious answer from a bunch of WING NUTS.....
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

gtx6970

If it's a friend for a friend deal - O

If its business deal - 5% is my target

don't mix the 2

nascarxx29

For a friend 0 .But if they sell it you should be compensated.For a business/ car flipper offering finders fee depends on the agreement :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

RallyeMike

QuoteYou should have known you could not get a serious answer from a bunch of WING NUTS.....

True.

So here's an attempt a serious input on this.... 

Does any one here actually support themselves or their car hobby by finding stuff for people? Sure most of us have turned stuff over for a small profit, but actually engaged in finding something specific for someone to collect a fee? Has anyone here ever even specifically had someone look for something and paid a finders fee to someone who found it for you?

I think the idea that one could successfully do this on a consistent basis and make enough money to call it something is only a pipe dream. Maybe it happens every once in awhile, but that's it...

PS - Anybody know where I can find a cheap, rebuildable TA 340 block? I'll give you $25.  :angel:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

nascarxx29

PS - Anybody know where I can find a cheap, rebuildable TA 340 block? I'll give you $25.
You ever read a magazine article where a plant would run out of regular 340 engines on a production line .And used a T/A 340 in a duster keep the line moving.We parted out a 340 duster back in the day.And it had T/A 340 in it .The motor went to my friend with a B5 non# T/A he still has it.Bare blocks we here are worth $2500.. :o
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

dodgedarren

If all your doing is hooking to people up 5% is pretty standard

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: dodgedarren on October 06, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
   If all your doing is hooking to people up 5% is pretty standard

:smilielol: :smilielol:  Can't we all just get along ........   :smilielol: and hook up good people with good cars.  Heck, I must have an S on my forehead, I think between 6-10 buddies over the years looking to spend my money in our hobby and others I don't even know/rumor control, apprises probably 80-90 of all the cars I have ever owned.  In other words, I might have found 10% on my own in adds at best.  Paid $50 on a $800 68RT builder once to a "friend", it hurt my feelings some I admit it.  :'(   

Mike, I will check on one local, no $25 buck needed, ok maybe a beer if ever cross paths in person..   :lol: :lol: :lol:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 06, 2011, 09:29:40 AM

And this is an ideal way to LOSE friends very quickly...

RallyeMike

QuoteMike, I will check on one local, no $25 buck needed, ok maybe a beer if ever cross paths in person..     

I'm half-joking..... but actually there is a guy I know through work looking for a block for his engine-less Cuda AAR. I told him I'd keep my ears open. Any leads appreciated!

QuoteIf all your doing is hooking to people up 5% is pretty standard

Who's standard? How was this standard set? Repeated transactions that people in the know are aware of? Just curious if this is opinion or a real standard in circles I do not travel in.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

dreamcatcher

But can you find Waldo?  :smilielol:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

gtx6970

" PS - Anybody know where I can find a cheap, rebuildable TA 340 block? I'll give you $25. "

I know where 2 are. one can definitly be bought, 2nd one ? maybe depending on price.

if you need more, pm me. but it'll take more than $25 ( no offense - but I do not  do this for free )

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 06, 2011, 12:01:35 PM

I'm half-joking..... but actually there is a guy I know through work looking for a block for his engine-less Cuda AAR. I told him I'd keep my ears open. Any leads appreciated!

If he has not contacted me with the VIN to his AAR yet, ask him to do so. If I know of his matching block I will tell him about it.

There is no fee.

RallyeMike

Quoteif you need more, pm me. but it'll take more than $25 ( no offense - but I do not  do this for free )

Well I guess you have to get your buck out of it   :rotz: but I understand that's the way of the real world. Regardless of how I feel, I'll pass along the info and he can play if he wants to. For me, it's not about whether someone gets a dime out of it, but whether or not an AAR gets put back together.

QuoteIf he has not contacted me with the VIN to his AAR yet, ask him to do so. If I know of his matching block I will tell him about it. There is no fee.  

Thank you.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

maxwellwedge

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 06, 2011, 10:01:51 AM
QuoteYou should have known you could not get a serious answer from a bunch of WING NUTS.....

True.

So here's an attempt a serious input on this....  

Does any one here actually support themselves or their car hobby by finding stuff for people? Sure most of us have turned stuff over for a small profit, but actually engaged in finding something specific for someone to collect a fee? Has anyone here ever even specifically had someone look for something and paid a finders fee to someone who found it for you?

I think the idea that one could successfully do this on a consistent basis and make enough money to call it something is only a pipe dream. Maybe it happens every once in awhile, but that's it...

Yes there are quite a few people out there that do nothing but hooking up buyers and sellers for a living.

Some great guys - some...not so much.

A buddy of mine that passed away a few years ago was very successful at it. He was always honest and fair and had many, many repeat customers.

There is another that is a total dick wad. He routinely listed peoples cars without them even knowing about it.

And really - to a certain extent, you can put GG on that list as well as Barrett-Jack$on and all the other auction houses. They get it coming and going.

I get calls every day asking if I know of a Hemi-'Cuda or a Bird this or an A12 that. My fee? A beer and/or lunch. I don't do it for a living. I have paid people for helping me buy or sell a car in the past..... I think twice (I never sell anything!  :lol: ). Each time it was around 5%.

stripedelete

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 08, 2011, 02:26:49 PM
" PS - Anybody know where I can find a cheap, rebuildable TA 340 block? I'll give you $25. "

I know where 2 are. one can definitly be bought, 2nd one ? maybe depending on price.

if you need more, pm me. but it'll take more than $25 ( no offense - but I do not  do this for free )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBRtdp2e98

70Sbird

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 06, 2011, 09:29:40 AM

If its business deal - 5% is my target

don't mix the 2

:iagree:

I especially with the third line!

Scott Faulkner

hotrod98

For years I had a set fee that I would pay to people for finding cars. I would pay $500 for 70 and 71 Cudas and Challengers, $250 for 72-74 cudas and challengers, $1000 for convertible e-bodies and $500 for roadrunners, chargers and big block coronets. Of course, I only paid if I actually bought the car. If the car ended up being a parts car, I would negotiate the fee based on what I paid for the car.
I ended up with just about every mopar within a hundred miles of here. I had guys combing the countryside. Things started slowing down about five years ago so I'm guessing that the not so well hidden stuff is pretty much bought up around here. I did score a rock solid 71 Challenger convertible though for cheap a few months ago so maybe there are still a few out there.   

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 12, 2011, 03:55:53 PM
For years I had a set fee that I would pay to people for finding cars. I would pay $500 for 70 and 71 Cudas and Challengers, $250 for 72-74 cudas and challengers, $1000 for convertible e-bodies and $500 for roadrunners, chargers and big block coronets. Of course, I only paid if I actually bought the car. If the car ended up being a parts car, I would negotiate the fee based on what I paid for the car.
I ended up with just about every mopar within a hundred miles of here. I had guys combing the countryside. Things started slowing down about five years ago so I'm guessing that the not so well hidden stuff is pretty much bought up around here. I did score a rock solid 71 Challenger convertible though for cheap a few months ago so maybe there are still a few out there.   
if you decide to trade off or sell the convertible  , give me as shout first please 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE