News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

....footsteps from who?

Started by dads_69, January 29, 2008, 03:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

The last few nights my wife and I, as well our little girl who is 4.5 has heard strange footsteps in the upstairs hallway. The other day, mid day, my little girl came out of her bedroom and she said as she walked by our bedroom, she said a lady was standing there. She was very pail looking when she approached me in the kitchen. I walked back there w/her, nobody, nothing at all or anyone else was home. She said it was the lady in the picture, my mom, which she passed away in 1974, weird, yes, I told my wife what our little girl had told me, and about the footsteps, we always thought it was either her or me, last night as well, my wife was a bit freaked out, I'm fine. We don't do drugs, drink or smoke anything, so no smartass comments. As I logged off last night, went upstairs again to get ready for bed, more footsteps, I came out of the bathroom, my wife was awake in bed, I said what are you doing walking around, she said she wasn't. I left it alone after she said that, I didn't want to freak her out, although I think she knew something was up. We have wood flooring, so its very easy to detect if someone is walking around upstairs. Thursday evening, the hair on the back of my neck went up as I entered our bedroom, like someone was standing in there with me but I couldn't see them, that was a trip,but once again, I can deal w/it, whatever it may be. Anyone else experience something like so?
My wife said its probably the cold weather shifting the house around and its all a coincidence. Who knows...But why would our little girl say she saw a lady w/brown hair standing in the bedroom as she walked by and when she came to me, very pail, I knew she couldn't have been fooling around.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Bandit72

i've encountered some pretty weird things to...most of them i can explain pretty easily, but there have been afew that freaked me out a bit, i have to get to work now, but i'll type some of it out when i get home tonight
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

68isgr8

that is scary. A long time ago I heard footsteps following me down a hallway. They were definately not mine because they were timed differently, and I was the only one home. It does send chills down your spine. Gives me goosbumps just thinking about it.

my73charger

That is freaky for sure.   :scared: I had a very strange experience this week.  I was alone in my living room after everyone was in bed the other night.  I was watching TV and my cat who was across from me sleeping in another chair all of a sudden looks up toward the door behind me as if something woke him up and got his undivided attention.  His eyes were glowing and they looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets they were so huge as he was staring that direction.  It made the hair on my neck stand up.  I actually got up and turned around expecting to see someone standing there.  My wife and I have noticed that he has actually been acting really spooked lately.  I mentioned that maybe a ghost has moved in with us but we just kind of laughed it off, but now I am beginning to wonder...

bull

Very odd, Mark. I wonder why all of a sudden it's happening now? How long have you guys been there?

BigBlackDodge

Do one of those 'ghost hunters' things and try to record any voices.

My mother passed away at home a few years ago from cancer at 67 years old and my nephew who was living with my dad would hear voices, see lights flash on and off on light fixtures (I saw this once too) and once someone built a pyramid out of jello boxes they had laying on the kitchen counter. Mom was also an avid Star Trek fan and a few times he heard voices coming from the bedroom where she passed......the tv had been turned on and ST was playing on tv.  :o I trust my nephew enough to know he wouldn't be joking about this kind of stuff......not about mom. These things happened while my father was out of town for a few months visiting a friend..........he was all alone in the house.

Did your mother pass in that house?

Maybe mom is checking up on you now and then. :scratchchin:

BBD

moparguy01

Oh i'd believe your kid Mark. I've seen so many weird things in my life that I definately beleive. but on a somewhat related note, the day my grandmother passed away, she passed away about at 6:05am. and if it was a dream it was a real livid waking kind of dream that I was talking with my grandmother, dressed in her best with her suitcase. she was telling me to not worry about things and she's ok, and she loved me and all that sort of stuff. I looked at the clock and it was 6:12 AM. i immeadiately called my Mom who had the same experience. so Go ahead and call me nuts, but I'd sure beleive her. and as long as whoever it is doesnt try to hurt anyone, I'd leave it alone. I sometimes wish my grandmother would visit me again, I'd have alot to tell her.

dads_69

My mom passed away at an apt. we lived in back in 1974, not in this house we live in now. I was 7 when my mom passed away, I think shes been checking up on me than I realize over the years. My wife doesn't seam to want to talk about it much, I think shes a bit scared, but I told her we're fine, no need to worry. We've lived in the house we have now for almost 6 years and nothing that we can think of has ever happend like this till recently. Wife is 8 months and two weeks pregnant right now also, due real soon, so maybe we're having vistors due to that, heck I don't know. I will say this though, when the hair on the back of my neck stood up, that hasn't happend since a black bear was standing less than 20 feet from behind me while riding our dirt bikes. We took a break and the bear appeared undetected by us. When I turned around and seen the bear, I said hey guys, black bear, lets GTF outta here! The bear didn't move an inch, inside the bear was probably lol'd at us scrambling for our dirt bikes. I don't plan to record any voices or get all creeped out, stranger things have happend I'm sure to other people, I say we're fine and no need to get excited.

Mark

dads_69

Russ, my dad passed away at 8:45 p.m. on a Wednesday evening. But the day before that at 4 a.m. I had to give him CPR in the bathroom cause he fell and had to go to the hospital shortly after that. For years after that moment in my life, I bet at least 12 or more, I would wake up at 4 a.m. every October mid month. He passed a way Oct' 17th 1990. They say some of the things are mental impact and a person thinks about those kind of things that happend back then and we/our mind does tricks and stuff to our body. I say its spiritual and everything happends for a reason. Just like Martial Arts, mind~body~spirit.

Mark

1969chargerrtse

I hate stuff like this, I believe all of you, and you're freaking me out!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TruckDriver

:o Wow! I could not deal with that Mark :P I personally would be moving in a heartbeat.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemihead

My Great Mother visits me sometimes .She was 93 when she died . You always know when she is there because her favorite flowers were Roses and the smell of Roses is so heavy in the house it almost makes you puke .
  One night I had a dream that I was being chased by a strange young woman I didn't know . She eventually stopped and said she loved me and it was time for her to go . Although I didn't know her , I felt a strange sadness and told her goodbye and gave her a kiss on the cheek . Just then I awoke to the phone ringing . My sister had called to tell me that my Aunt had just passed away . While cleaning out her apartment , I came upon an old photo . I asked my mother who it was . She told me that it was my Aunt when she was a young woman . That was the woman I dreamed about the night she died .
My mother always knows when someone in the family is having problems . She has a ghost that will take something off a shelf or off the wall and throw it at her . Not to hurt her but to get her attention . We have lots of paranormal things happen in our family , no big deal .
If the person was friendly in life , their spirit is usually nothing to fear either .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

mally69

Here is a good one. Our house was built 12 yaers ago and it was built at the same location as a native american burial grounds ( they didnt burry them they just set them out in the open ) but any how we had the power go off the one day and i dont know how but the night light in the hall had a very slight dimness to it. Oh yea it was on but very dim.  nothing at all in the entire house was on, the power was out....

dads_69

As far as I can remember, my mom was nice. She had health issues due to a car accident from 1965 in Tacoma,WA. My dad had a stroke two years later due to *missing her* they said and he said she was around sometimes. I never believed him when he would say things like so, now I feel bad. I have no fear about what has happend lately.
Hemihead, thats cool of you to share that.

Mark

dads_69

Total silence last night, sorry nothing new to report.

Mark

nh_mopar_fan

Strange noises come out of my butt sometimes.

Scary.

skip68

Quote from: dads_69 on January 30, 2008, 12:50:03 PM
Total silence last night, sorry nothing new to report.

Mark

Maybe the Ghost took some Ambien or Lunesta to get a good nights sleep! :shruggy: :smilielol: :nana:
Mrs.Skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bandit72

i've often noticed that if you look for something creepy to happen...it usually doesn't lol
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Orange_Crush

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

-William SHakespeare - Hamlet Act I Scene 5
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

2Gunz

Ive never actually seen anything.

However I used to live in this apartment.

It had a very long hallway and if you where sitting on the couch your back faced it.

That place used to make my skin crawl. I very often felt like somebody was in the hallway

staring at me.

In the same place i had an incredibly bizarre experience.

One nice I woke up pinned to my bed and being pulled backwards through stars.

Kinda like how the stars blur in when warping on Star Trek.

The feeling was exhausting with no hope of escape.

I was awake for a short period of time, then passed out and when I awoke again it was over.

Im pretty sure it wasnt a dream. Ive never had a dream that real and so

full of sensory stuff.

I dont think I believe in ghosts as a conscious, willful, entity.

But I do believe in displaced energy that can do really odd things.

TruckDriver

I mise well ad my story to this thread. When I was still married back in 1994, we lived in a old Victorian house that was built in 1924. There were a LOT of bats in the garage and in the third floor attic. The attic also had more flys in it then I have ever seen in any one house at any one time. And was creepy going into. The basement was a 4 room basement that had one room made out of the room where the old cistern was. That room had a false plywood floor in it. Anyway, we used to have a lot of weird stuff happen when we lived there. On totally calm days with no wind, doors upstars where the bedrooms were would slam shut for no reason. All of us (me, my now ex-wife, and her son) were afraid to go into the basement alone, because it always felt like you were being watched. And at night, the feeling got REAL bad. We had a German Shepard at the time, and the dog hated to be in the house period. We took him into the basement one time, and just about had to force him in. The garage even had a small basement that was creepy. I had the dog chained up so he could use it as a dog house, but the dog always refused to go inside, even if I was in there. One day I was cleaning up crap, and the dog was all over me while I was trying to clean up, so I put him in the garage basement while I was doing this. All a sudden, I hear him whimpering like he was real scared, then wham!, he come flying through the glass window making a bee line as fast as he could run til the chain stopped him. He never would go to the bottom of the garage again after that. In fact, I had to get him a dog House and put it up near the top of the garage. Well, during all this time, my ex went out side to feed the dog once, while I was at work. when I got home, she told me this, I had to call the cops today. I said why. She said that when she went out to feed the dog, the house door which she just checked to make sure it was not locked, slammed closed behind her, and locked. My first son was inside and was still a new born. She couldn't get back in, so she had the police help her get in. She went on to tell me the police said that the old guy who used to live there died in the basement in the room with the wooden floor while working on it. Keep in mind, that Horicon Wi. is a town that has it's share of ghost stories, even ones witnessed by police in the town over the years. The police told my ex that the owner and his wife, used to keep to themselfs and were a loner type. Well, of course, The police also said, that her getting locked out was not the first call they had at that house for that happening. And that the previous renters were only in the house for a very short time. Well, we kinda blew that off for a while. Then crap got to the point we couldn't take it any more. One day, I was sitting in the rocking chair, while my ex was doing dishes in the kitchen. We got into a heated verbal argument, when all a sudden, it felt like I got stabbed in the right shoulder blade area. It hurt so bad, it took my breath away, I went to the floor in tears, in pain, to my hands and knees. My ex heard me, came running out to see what was wrong. She looked, but didn't see anything wrong with me. But it hurt so bad, that she had to help me get back into the chair. It hurt for about a week til the pain was totally gone. But, that was our last straw. We started looking for a new place to live. Every once in a while to this day, I still get pain in that same area of my back. Something didn't want us there. To this day, we are convinced of that. My ex who never believed in ghosts or spirits, does 100% now. I have heard since then, that the house has a long history of unexplained happenings there. I just went by it again today on my way to the dentist, and it looked empty again.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

my73charger

I lived in an old house in Nebraska in the 80's that had been owned by an old man.  He died and the family decided to pack all of his personal belongings and store them in a room downstairs, paddlock the door and rent the place out.  We were the first renters.  Wierd things did happen in that house frequently.  Lights would go on and off on there own, doors left open, when you were downstairs your hair would stand on the back of your neck and you would swear that someone was watching you.  When we finally had enough and decided to move out my sister and her son came to help us pack up and leave.  Her son was about 3 at the time.  On the final night my sister awoke to find that her son had left bed (he was sleeping with her) and she found him sleep walking.  He was standing at the top of the stairs looking downstairs in the dark and he said that someone downstairs was calling his name.  She caught him before he fell down the stairs.  This really happen, no joke.  The place was haunted for sure. 

charger_mike75

Creepy stuff. When I was 10 we moved into a mobile home, every night after midnight I would get woke up by the sounds of someone walking around. I would get up to see who it was and right when I would get to the bedroom door the sounds would stop. One night I even heard the t.v. on. My dad would get mad at us cuz he thought we were up messing around cuz he heard it too.

I work in a hospital that's been around for over 50 years, when they built the new hospital and moved out there were alot of strange things happening in that place.

C_stripes

When I lived in Idaho Falls I lived in a old house. There were a few freaky things that happened there. One night I was upstairs reading and I was the only person home. It was about one in the morning. I was sitting by my bed and the door knob to my room started rattling. I hurry-ed and opened the door thinking one of my friends must have came in and decided to scare me.  There was no one there.  I kind of thought that it was kinda scary and must have been my imagination. Then it started again and I grabbed the door wile it was rattling and opened it. There was nothing there.  Then I was scared.  I jumped in my bed and looked at the wall in the opposite direction. The door started rattling again and flew open. I back handed it shut and could not get to sleep.  Very scary.

At the same time.  I was working at a motel that had been built in the early 60's. Anything you can imagine had happened there. Murder, Drug OD. Rape. Everything. The place was defiantly haunted. I worked as the night audit. So I was there by myself in the night all the time. One night I went back to the convention room to shut off the light. I got back there and it just felt weird. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I turned and found the switch to turn the light off. As I did, I noticed something move threw the window in the door. I was out of there.  Later that night I was doing my nightly check and was on the other side of the building and noticed threw the windows that the lights were on in the convention room again.  I didn't dare go shut them off.  I mentioned it to the manager when she came in in the morning and she just smiled and said, "I see you met Casper". I found out that morning that it was a frequent thing. Lights would turn on and off. Plants would move with no wind, The TV would change channels and just things to let you know that he was around.  Never hurt anyone but it was scary.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

dads_69

Wow, thanks for the story's guys. The TV changing thing, man I would be pissed if I was watching Drag Racing or Dirt Bike racing and all of a sudden, channel change!  :flame:
Damn ghosts anyways. I'm pretty sure what is or what has happend here is my mom. My wife and I lived in an apt. a long time ago, one night as I came to bed, she said is anyone else out there with you? I said no, as I laid down in bed, about 5 minutes later, she yelled my name and woke me up, she said my dad was standing at the end of the bed, I thought I seen somebody leave the bedroom, which for someone to be in there w/us impossible, so I'm guessing he was there checking up on us. My wife is very professional, not a wimp or drama queen, so I believed her when that happend. I'm honestly pretty laid back when it comes to freaky things happening like this. I'll give an update if anything else accrues.
Mark