News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage Yard & Backyard Tour

Started by Shakey, January 28, 2008, 03:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

So last week I was away on business and as many of you may know, I usually take the back roads as I find them far more interesting than the interstate system.  I find that when I am on the interstate, I get very bored, very tired very quickly - a dangerous combination. 

So anyways, as I cruise the backroads of Canada & the United States I come across small outta the way salvage yards that usually have been picked over pretty good but still offer a good opportunity to get out of the car, go for a stroll and stretch the legs.

I found this place last week, a few older cars parked out front and some even older stuff tucked away around back.  The owner was a nice old guy and said I was free to roam around at my leisure.  As is the case with most of these yards, the cars are rotten beyond repair but you can still get lucky and score some trim or clips or other small hard to find items.

After I spent some time out back I went inside to shoot the breeze with the old guy.  He told me he has two other yards and if I had the time, I was welcome to go and look them over.  I was on my way to the airport but still had about 30 minutes to spare so I asked for directions to the closest one.

He sends me to his house, about 2 kms away and says that I can drive past the garage and down the hill and I'll see a bunch more old cars to look at.  All he asks is that I stop by on my out so he knows that I am gone.  In his backyard he must have had 200 cars strewn about the forest.  You'd never know it looking at the house from the road, not a clue!  Now Cody, don't be yankin' it in front of the computer 'cause you're Mother will surely walk in and scold you!

Anyways, here are a few photos for you folks.

Shakey

:popcrn:

Shakey

Yes, the tree has grown up through the front of the Mach 1 Mustang.

Shakey

Shakey

Ya wonder what goodies you'd find in the trailer?

:scratchchin:

Shakey

The next batch of photos are the ones taken in the old guys backyard.  Again, if you drove by this place, stopped out front and looked, you'd never know these cars were back there.   :scope:

Wonder how many other backyards are like this across North America.   :scratchchin:

Shakey

:eek2:

Shakey

:pity:

Shakey

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

Shakey

:slap:

Shakey

:wave:

There were so many more cars there but I ran outta space on my memory card.   :loser:

supserdave

bordin34

Nice pics. I notice a lack of chevy in them.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: good idea using cars with their doors hoods and trunks open to protect the ground from those yucky pine needles...

funny that 54 chevy in the back fared alot better then the mid '70s b-bod..

nice pics,.. thanks... can I have the exclusive use of these for my webite?.. please.  :shruggy:

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

CB

It's always sad too see old classics are left to rot away.
Thanks for the tour anyway!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Magnumcharger

I wonder if any of those cars will ever find their way out of that forest?
I'm sure the white Mach 1 is there to stay.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dakotaboy

TheAutoArchaeologist

Very cool find.  I miss going to the yards full of old cars.  Look like some pretty cool projects in there.

Ryan

poppa

Cool find.My old lady wants the red Mustang....
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

The70RT

Wow............... :'( Looks like lots of parts on some. With the tons of debris I hope he never gets a lightning strike and looses them all.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

teddy1500

The place looks familiar, hey, I think I know, welcome to South Carolina, If it is the place I think it is, he is a great guy, VERY reasonable on prices, and I have the passenger side fender in my spare bedroom. that 57 ford on jackstands, is a factory supercharger car,
TC

MaMopar

The Mach I seems to be pretty good tree fertilizer. That's been there awhile.  I'll send that to my daughter, she loves Stangs.  I think she bumped her head growing up, I always had MOPAR

Those old yards have stuff would like to make me cry.  How can people let those beloved machines sit out there like that.  They need an intervention to save the ones which have a chance. 

MaMopar