News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Chrg--Hood Pad or Not?

Started by Chatt69chgr, January 27, 2008, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I'am going for the restored look on my 69.  What about the hood pad?  Use it or not?

Rolling_Thunder

depends if your car came with it   :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 27, 2008, 08:17:06 PM
I'am going for the restored look on my 69.  What about the hood pad?  Use it or not?

Are you planning on undercoating it?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

They're great at collecting and holding dust/dirt right above your engine.   :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mine wasn't optioned for it originally but I added it.  I used the molded pad.  I'm a firm believer in insulating my hood paint from excess heat.  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

OK.  Thanks guys.  My car was optioned for one and has one on it now (albeit messed up) but I am building a 440 RT clone so it's whatever I want to do as far as this goes.  I like what Ron says about insulating the hood from engine heat and also like the idea of a moulded pad vs the other kind.  I'll probably go with the moulded pad.

Ron----------I know you used a CH4B intake and Proform body Holley style carb.  I think you used a insulator under the carb as well as a drop base Ford motorsports air cleaner/Unsilenced Mopar top.  Did you have any issues with clearance with the hood pad.

gordo1968charger

i was going to put one on mine but the paint finish was so good on the underside,i thought it would be a shame to cover it up.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 28, 2008, 02:52:36 PM
OK.  Thanks guys.  My car was optioned for one and has one on it now (albeit messed up) but I am building a 440 RT clone so it's whatever I want to do as far as this goes.  I like what Ron says about insulating the hood from engine heat and also like the idea of a moulded pad vs the other kind.  I'll probably go with the moulded pad.

Ron----------I know you used a CH4B intake and Proform body Holley style carb.  I think you used a insulator under the carb as well as a drop base Ford motorsports air cleaner/Unsilenced Mopar top.  Did you have any issues with clearance with the hood pad.

After the drop base , no.

PS---- The name is Chris :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Hey Chris---------sorry about that.  I know better.  Just got in a hurry.  Appreciate you gracing me with a reply even after the faux pas.