News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you know what size yoke is in your charger?

Started by 70charginglizard, January 24, 2008, 10:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I'm trying to determine if my car has a large yoke or a small yoke.
It's a 70 big block charger with an 8-3/4 rear.
Is there an wasy way to tell?
70charginglizard

Ghoste

Measure across the "Y", the small one will be 2 1/8 inside edge to inside edge and the big one will be 2 5/8.

70charginglizard

Thanks.

Guess the lizard is running the large yoke because it measured 2 5/8.

You guys are so awesome. Don't know what I'd do with out you all.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

firefighter3931

Kelly, if you're looking to replace the u-joint and it measures 2 5/8 then the correct number is 7290. The part number for the smaller joint is 7260. Some BB cars came with the smaller joint....my Charger originally had a 383 2bbl and it had a 7260 yoke in it.

There is also a conversion joint that adapts a small u-joint driveshaft to a larger pinion yoke. This is often the case when rear end 8 3/4 centersections are swapped from one car to another. This conversion joint allows the mismatched driveshaft > pinion yoke to be used together.

Just a FYI tidbit in case you run across it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70charginglizard

70charginglizard