News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of YY1 tan cars?

Started by TheGhost, October 02, 2005, 02:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I'd like to see how the color looks when somewhat fresh.  Thanks in advance!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RECHRGD

That was the original color of my Charger.  I would have restored it back to that color if I wasn't building a clone of the one I had in '68.  The only pictures I have of it in that color in the car at the storage garage in town.  If you don't get some good examples here soon, I'll stop by and get some to scan for you.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

TheGhost

Thanks.  So far, none of my threads on the Mopar forums have got any responses, yet....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

8WHEELER

I am not sure weather I have seen that color yet, being around these cars for 27yrs
I don't think it was a very highly produced color at all.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

MoparYoungGun

Sorry Ghost, I just did about 6 Google/Google Image searches and could only find one original YY1 car. But, that car had been reapinted in a maroon color! This must either be a pretty rare color, or bad enough people don't want use it.

TheGhost

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on October 04, 2005, 06:37:43 AM
Sorry Ghost, I just did about 6 Google/Goole Image searches and could only find one original YY1 car. But, that car had been reapinted in a maroon color! This must either be a pretty rare color, or bad enough people don't want use it.

Probably the latter, although having a rare colored car would be nice.

Khyron

only one I found... but it's a poopie picture

"1968 Dodge Coronet R/T w/ 440 Magnum in rare YY1 Medium Tan, Rallye dash and custom wheels."

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

that's not so bad.. looks like a mettalic in that photo,.. Nice Coronet too,.. looks fully optioned!  :icon_smile_shy:

Khyron

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 04, 2005, 08:59:54 PM
that's not so bad.. looks like a mettalic in that photo,.. Nice Coronet too,.. looks fully optioned!   :icon_smile_shy:

I think the color is very nice, kinda pops at you. I wouldn't mind seeing that color up close. I'm just afraid th epicture is kinda small to get a real feel of it.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

Hey Ghost I'm guessin that's the color of your ride?.. what your cuda pals tellin you about it.

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 04, 2005, 09:37:29 PM
Hey Ghost I'm guessin that's the color of your ride?.. what your cuda pals tellin you about it.

Yea, YY1 is the original color.  I'm trying to see how it looks, because if I like it, it'll go back to that, instead of repainting to black.

Khyron

Due do it being rare, and actually quite nice on the eyes. I would say go for it. :thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.