News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alan Jacksons new album cover Dodge Charger?

Started by 911bear, January 22, 2008, 10:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

911bear

ac :cheers: take a look this car he is sitting in looks very much like a Charger!! does it belong to someone on here ? very coooool
911bear
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

ramit

bull

That's odd. All he can talk and sing about is Ford and Mercury. :shruggy:

Here's a better picture. Looks like a '68 Charger to me. 1968 for sure, not so sure about it being a Charger but it sure looks like one.

Brock Samson

911bear

:iagree:  :cheers: great to see him thinkin  M-O-P-A-R rather than ford or mercury ! thanks for the pic enlargement .
911bear
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Brock Samson

with that clear enlargment i can see a '68 peaked dash pad and a optional sport steering wheel,.. I'll go out on a limb and say '68 Charger.

hemigeno

If it has upper door pads, doesn't that = Charger?  IIRC only Chargers had upper door pads like that, and every other B-body had the painted upper door frame...   :shruggy:

The peaked dash pad and door lock indicate '68, and the lack of headrests backs that up also (that alone just means '68 or early '69).

:Twocents:

OldGuy

Hasn't that guy earned enough money yet to get a new pair of Levi's - or at least patch them :rotz:  I know it's his trademark - but it is getting old. ::)
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

68charger383

I'm going with RR or GTX, dash bezel looks flat or non rallye cluster style
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Chatt69chgr

No headrests.  I think they were mandated in 69.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Plymouth GTX.  why?

No Rallye cluster
Upper door pads
No body line down the 1/4 panel - looks like only a curve, not a sharp line

:2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

JimShine

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 22, 2008, 11:21:22 PM
No headrests.  I think they were mandated in 69.

January 1969. So all 1968 model years and the first 4 or so months of 1969 production fall in the optional period.

I say 1968 due to the lock being on the very end (and chrome, but who knows if its stock), but I can't tell if it has a upper door pad.

2fast4u

In the larger photo you can see the other upper door pad clear which tells me it's a charger and the dash pad says `68 to me as well.

Heck if ya watch his "Chatahoochee" video he has a 70 Road Runner in it as well, so he must not like just Ford and Mercury!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

Besides being a cool Pic, It's the Best Advertisment for a Hardtop I can imagine..  :2thumbs:

Todd Wilson

Looks like he is trying to copy Red Kilby!

Todd

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 22, 2008, 11:27:02 PM
1968 Plymouth GTX.  why?

No Rallye cluster
Upper door pads

It's difficult to see that body line looking straight at the side of a black Charger when there are any shadows/reflections around, and I do see upper door pads. Not sure how you can tell if it's got a rally dash.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

hemihead

Led Zeppelin

Tilar

Quote from: OldGuy on January 22, 2008, 11:13:43 PM
Hasn't that guy earned enough money yet to get a new pair of Levi's - or at least patch them :rotz:  I know it's his trademark - but it is getting old. ::)

My neice and nephew wear jeans like that, and my sister claims they are more expensive to get them with the holes already in them. I told her that I probably had 4 or $500 worth of them in my closet.

I seem to remember Alan Jackson on the Tim Taylor show once with a black car, but I don't remember if it was a Charger or a Merc.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemihead

Def Leppard was wearing those in the 80's , is supposed to be something new ?
  Led Zeppelin

Tilar

I think the younger generations think if they call them something different, that they are new.  :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 22, 2008, 11:27:02 PM
1968 Plymouth GTX.  why?

No Rallye cluster
Upper door pads

Shouldnt a 68 GTX have a stripe down the side on the lower portion of the quarterpanel?  Ofcourse, this could have been omitted.  And the GTX has the crease in the quarter panel up higher than a Charger, see picture below.

I vote for 68 Charger.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TK73

Dude looks like he should be hangin out of a '73 F-100 POS...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Mopar2Ya

My vote is also for '68 Charger, upper door pads & peaked dashpad.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8