News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are AMCs Concidered MOPARs?..

Started by Brock Samson, January 22, 2008, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

BUT it has that special order AC that javelin was so well noted for!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

CaptMarvel

My vote is yes, absolutely AMC has a place among their Mopar cousins. They were adopted into the Mopar family! Also, with their sleek bodies and front end styling (unlike the typically choppy, harsh lines of Fords and GMs, ever seen a 60's/70's GM front end? makes you want to vomit!!) and their few and far between production number status makes them far more Mopar like than anything else. So, invite them to Mopar shows, include them in Mopar clubs, and put them in Mopar mags!! Lets not get snooty about AMCs, they have a lot going for them..(one of my all time favorites besides the 68/69 Charger is still the 70' AMC Rebel Machine) Look at the Machine, Javelin, AMX, Marlin, even the Matador etc..a lot of Mopar family resemblence there... :Twocents:

68RT4ME

Quote from: CaptMarvel on February 01, 2008, 09:53:19 AM
My vote is yes, absolutely AMC has a place among their Mopar cousins. They were adopted into the Mopar family! Also, with their sleek bodies and front end styling (unlike the typically choppy, harsh lines of Fords and GMs, ever seen a 60's/70's GM front end? makes you want to vomit!!) and their few and far between production number status makes them far more Mopar like than anything else. So, invite them to Mopar shows, include them in Mopar clubs, and put them in Mopar mags!! Lets not get snooty about AMCs, they have a lot going for them..(one of my all time favorites besides the 68/69 Charger is still the 70' AMC Rebel Machine) Look at the Machine, Javelin, AMX, Marlin, even the Matador etc..a lot of Mopar family resemblence there... :Twocents:

NO!!! :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemihead

Quote from: twenty mike mike on January 27, 2008, 02:07:16 PM
Using some of the logic displayed here, Nash, Rambler, Studebaker and Hudson vehicles are also Mopars.  :eek2:

Jeeps were never AMCs, they were always Jeeps. AMC just happened to build them for a while. Even though Jeeps are currently being built by Chrysler, they are still Jeeps, not Mopars.   :slap:

The term Mopar was invented after Dodge was purchased by what became Chrysler Corp.  :nana:

So there.
Jeeps were not always Jeeps . Kaiser built them . And during the war . Ford and Willys Overland built them too . AMC I think was formed by joining Kaiser , Fraiser , and Willys .
Amazing how a lot of you so called ' Mopar Guys ' hate AMC but you own or drool over GM 's . This new generation of  Mopar Guys sure is different from back in the day .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Goldfinger71

.....This topic will go on forever becuase their will never be an answer that everyone agrees on.. :-\

...So is a Lexus a Toyota :icon_smile_question:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!