News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are AMCs Concidered MOPARs?..

Started by Brock Samson, January 22, 2008, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

I found one nice AMX about a month ago.

Sorry the BAD pics but was on a parking, with poor light
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

I used to have a '74 Hornet with a 304 and a Hurst 3 speed. That car was a lot of fun and I beat it down hard but it always stayed in one piece.

And Brock, it's spelled considered, not concidered. :rotz:

The70RT

If AMC in a mopar then it is the red headed step child we beat around on. If Chrysler wouldn't of took them under their wing this post would be like every other non mopar car thread  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Joshua

These are for Brock.... :cheers:

TUFCAT

In fact - - they are!  The WPC Chrysler Museum has plenty of performance AMC-Mopars in the place!   :2thumbs:

Goldfinger71

No in my opinion AMC's are considered AMC's...but becuase Ma'Mopar bought them out they are a now a welcome "step-brother" :Twocents:

And I like em'! :yesnod:
all but one of the most ugliest cars ever created the Pacer! :rotz:

I have always been into cars and trucks even when I was a young kid and I remember even then seeing those cars and simply saying."that car is ugly!" :lol:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

hemihead

Since Mopar bought them in the 80's ( basically for the Jeep ) they are considered a family member . Alot of people don't like that idea .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Chris G.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on January 22, 2008, 08:41:55 AM
But not Pacers....   they suck   :icon_smile_big:

Who doesn't love a Pacer?  ;)

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2008, 01:04:43 PM
I used to have a '74 Hornet with a 304 and a Hurst 3 speed. That car was a lot of fun and I beat it down hard but it always stayed in one piece.

A old friend of mine used to have a '74 Gremlin with the same set up in red primer. That car was a Mustang/Camero killer. And you could cruise around town in 3rd gear, floor it, and it would just squat down and goooooooooooooo. :drive: I would love to have a true V8 Gremlin. Although, the Hornets pretty much are the same thing. My Granfathers neighbour had a green one with side pipes and aluminum slots when I was growing up. That car was fast. 

I really like the SC360 Hornets.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

I can accept them as step children and I like AMC's but when I think of classic Mopars I don't think of AMC.  They were a separate entity then and thats how I think of them.

dpm68

Back when I raced at KCIR, there was this big old balck dude - kinda looked like a farmer of sorts, beings from mid-Missouri and all...he had two killer BB Chevy-powered mid-engined Gremlins that tore ass with consistent 11 sec time slips. Lots of fun back then and now I can't wait to finish my 68.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2008, 07:44:03 PM
I can accept them as step children and I like AMC's but when I think of classic Mopars I don't think of AMC.  They were a separate entity then and thats how I think of them.

Same here, but they sort of fall under the Mopar heading by default. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of AMC shows in the US where Mopars are not invited. Are we supposed to get pissed about that now?

rare69

mopars are mopars and amc are amc. plymouth and dodge shared many parts and pieces like drive train, interior and so on, even looked similar.not much amc stuff bolted right up to your mopar, and not many amc's looked like a mopar.

hemihead

I think most of you would rather see Chevys anyway .  :eek2:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Manfred318

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on January 22, 2008, 04:37:47 PM
No in my opinion AMC's are considered AMC's...but becuase Ma'Mopar bought them out they are a now a welcome "step-brother" :Twocents:

And I like em'! :yesnod:
:iagree:
Pacers are like fat chicks. They need lovin' too :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2008, 09:35:15 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2008, 07:44:03 PM

Same here, but they sort of fall under the Mopar heading by default. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of AMC shows in the US where Mopars are not invited. Are we supposed to get pissed about that now?
:iagree:

Quote from: rare69 on January 22, 2008, 11:05:10 PM
mopars are mopars and amc are amc. plymouth and dodge shared many parts and pieces like drive train, interior and so on, even looked similar.not much amc stuff bolted right up to your mopar, and not many amc's looked like a mopar.
And..... :iagree:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

TruckDriver

AMC's shared some Mopar parts as well as Fords and GM. I know some of the trannys weren't AMC built.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 23, 2008, 10:20:52 AM
AMC's shared some Mopar parts as well as Fords and GM. I know some of the trannys weren't AMC built.

The ones I seen had the 904 & 727's. I think the bolt patterns were the same too?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AMX GO PACK

Holy crap  hope i didnt stir the pot by resurfacing.  Well id get a mopar if i wasnt priced out of the market so out of the 3 cars in my backyard i kept the Jav sold the 68 fastback and had a hard time parting with the 73 charger.  As for being welcome at the shows or being considered "family" i have had many great times with the mopar guys and wouldnt hang anywhere else. In fact the pacific nw amc club had a regional show in my area a few years back and i invited members from seattle mopars unlimited (of which i was a member) and they showed up! Pretty cool.......

69bronzeT5

I consider the pre-74 AMCs to be Mopars. Such as AMXs, Javelins, Rebels...etc etc.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

2fast4u

We used to refer to the Pacer as a moon car!  I've always thought the Gremlins where kinda neat though!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

ACUDANUT

AMC= All Mixed Crap. IMO
1. Ford Starters
2. GM ignition
3. Chrysler transmissions
***But, I can say that. I have a 84 J-10, and used to have a 67 Rebel. :Twocents:

71gtx

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on January 22, 2008, 08:48:28 AM
Not by me they aren't. I don't think they should attend Mopar shows either. They are AMC's and that's all they are.  :Twocents:

yes the AMC is part of the chrysler family ,

On June 6, 1925 Maxwell Motors Corporation, of which W. P. Chrysler was board chairman, voluntarily transferred its business and physical properties to a new company organized as Chrysler Corporation.
Dodge car 1914 , Chrysler bought dodge in 1928 out therefore maiking Dodge a "step-child" of Chrysler. So why should dodge cars  be allowed  in chrylser car shows . :nana:

73chgrSE

The AMC Marlin and the 1st gen charger were almost identical from the side view. Still rather have the Charger. :coolgleamA:

teddy1500

amc is amc, but, they were adopted for the jeep. so, would you reject the children of your new bride? Javelins are cool.