News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are AMCs Concidered MOPARs?..

Started by Brock Samson, January 22, 2008, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: 71gtx on January 26, 2008, 01:18:59 PM
Quote from: TripleBlackGator on January 22, 2008, 08:48:28 AM
Not by me they aren't. I don't think they should attend Mopar shows either. They are AMC's and that's all they are.  :Twocents:

yes the AMC is part of the chrysler family ,

On June 6, 1925 Maxwell Motors Corporation, of which W. P. Chrysler was board chairman, voluntarily transferred its business and physical properties to a new company organized as Chrysler Corporation.
Dodge car 1914 , Chrysler bought dodge in 1928 out therefore maiking Dodge a "step-child" of Chrysler. So why should dodge cars  be allowed  in chrylser car shows . :nana:

Hey now......Plymouth died so should they be omitted?  :nana:.......... :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tilar

I guess they could be called the Stepchild of Mopar.

I will say that the fastest car I've ever had (My charger is still in pieces so it doesn't count) was a 71 AMC Ambassador police interceptor. It had a 401 that would not quit. I now have a 2003 Crown Vic Interceptor, and while it knows exactly what to do when you mash the accelerator, it doesn't do it quite as well as that old Ambassador did.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

greenpigs

I was outbid on a 61K survivor 75 gremlin X a few days ago on Ebay, so I have a true intrest in AMCs. Also if I had the money I would get a 68\69 AMX white with red interior. Are they Mopars? ..No, not to me they are their own brand not someones bastard stepchild.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

daytonalo

THERE KIND OF A RED HEADED STEP CHILD !!!!!!

Ghoste

Dodge car 1914 , Chrysler bought dodge in 1928 out therefore maiking Dodge a "step-child" of Chrysler. So why should dodge cars  be allowed  in chrylser car shows . :nana:

I guess I could accept that logic if Chrysler kept building AMC cars after they bought them or if Chrysler had been the ones who made the 1969 AMX or Javelin.

71gtx

Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2008, 09:21:05 PM

I guess I could accept that logic if Chrysler kept building AMC cars after they bought them or if Chrysler had been the ones who made the 1969 AMX or Javelin.

hello, the jeep is amc, and Chrysler is making it. So whats your point.

Brock Samson

also the LX came from the LH which came from the last Monico... the last Monico was designed in france for A.M.C.

daytonalo

We just restored a 69 AMX for a client , sorry but the car reminded me of a kit car every day

dads_69

I painted a '74 AMX years ago, car was org. burnt orange w/P. Cardin int. black and white more less. I painted the car to match Mark Donahue red,white and blue. Looked pretty cool, had a mopar 360 w/a 4 speed from GM, rear end the owner said was a ford/dodge style, but he had to buy GM parts for the drive line one time as well, so I guess AMC stands for what it does, American Made Car all models in-cluded. 100% Mopar, not in my book. Are some of them cool, some are...

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

chgr500

I would say AMC's have become considered Mopar blood...these are a couple of last years flippers for me...had to move on as the Mopars are just too much $$$ ....these cars help feed the hungry Charger fund...the '69 javelin was rusty with a stock 6 banger in it ...modified to a frankenstein AMX...I tripled my money on this buy...the hornet I bought at last summers annual Mopar's only show..lol...factory 304 with 34000 miles on it...flipped quick and I made a K...right after that I just missed a deal on a '70 Rebel "THE MACHINE" ..one year only with a 390 4spd ..factory air grabber and hood tach...sold for $2500...those car are worth much more.. :brickwall:...my buddies are calling me a closet AMC guy... :lol:

71gtx

Quote from: The70RT on January 26, 2008, 06:55:35 PM
Not by me they aren't. I don't think they should attend Mopar shows either. They are AMC's and that's all they are.  :Twocents:

yes the AMC is part of the chrysler family ,

On June 6, 1925 Maxwell Motors Corporation, of which W. P. Chrysler was board chairman, voluntarily transferred its business and physical properties to a new company organized as Chrysler Corporation.

Hey now......Plymouth died so should they be omitted?  :nana:.......... :lol:

:smilielol: :nana:

Ghoste

Quote from: 71gtx on January 27, 2008, 12:07:02 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2008, 09:21:05 PM

hello, the jeep is amc, and Chrysler is making it. So whats your point.

So how many new Jeeps do you find yourself ogling over at vintage Mopar shows?

charge-it

I agree  :Twocents:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

twenty mike mike

Using some of the logic displayed here, Nash, Rambler, Studebaker and Hudson vehicles are also Mopars.  :eek2:

Jeeps were never AMCs, they were always Jeeps. AMC just happened to build them for a while. Even though Jeeps are currently being built by Chrysler, they are still Jeeps, not Mopars.   :slap:

The term Mopar was invented after Dodge was purchased by what became Chrysler Corp.  :nana:

So there.

Nacho-RT74

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/classicamx/RebMachArticle/RebMachineArticle.html

quoting:
What is an AMC car, no matter how exceptional, doing in MOPAR Muscle? The answer is simple. AMC is a legitimate part of what is now called the American heritage of DaimlerChrysler. AMC vehicles are now on display in the W. P. Chrysler Museum and like storied nameplates like De Soto and now Plymouth, the AMC headstone is neatly sandwiched between them in the graveyard of departed DCX nameplates, never to again see daylight.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AMX GO PACK

Goldfinger71

Good quote,I guess alot of people are saying even if Ma'Mopar adopted them we still don't want to play with them becuase they look different? :shruggy: :Twocents:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Brock Samson

Oh, Yea' You just had to play the Race Card...   :lol:
I met a guy at the flea market today, he was trying to fish something out of his Brother's jeep's carb that fell in when his Brother was trying to hold the bore open.. 4 cly..
So we got to talking cars, (of course) 'n says he had a '69 Javelin with a chevy 350 in it that had dual 4s on a tunnel ram, then he disappeared into his Dodge Van and emerged with a old Polaroid picture of this huge honkin tunnel ram,.. looked about 12 inches high, the moter looked to be mostly chrome and the car looked candy apple red... he says, while he was at work, his next door neighbor saw a tow truck pull up and tow it down the driveway, he recovered his stripped Javelin a few days later...  :-\
Said his AMC had an amazing amout of options on it and he misses it dearly...  :P

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 27, 2008, 02:51:12 PM
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/classicamx/RebMachArticle/RebMachineArticle.html

quoting:
What is an AMC car, no matter how exceptional, doing in MOPAR Muscle? The answer is simple. AMC is a legitimate part of what is now called the American heritage of DaimlerChrysler. AMC vehicles are now on display in the W. P. Chrysler Museum and like storied nameplates like De Soto and now Plymouth, the AMC headstone is neatly sandwiched between them in the graveyard of departed DCX nameplates, never to again see daylight.

Well, since Hemmings said it, "the debate is over!"  ::)

So obviously, every Dodge is a Mercedes.   :hah:

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Brock Samson

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: twenty mike mike on January 27, 2008, 06:48:22 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 27, 2008, 02:51:12 PM

quoting:

Well, since Hemmings said it, "the debate is over!"  ::)

So obviously, every Dodge is a Mercedes.   :hah:

hahaha!.

well that would mean we have two "Mopars" at home LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AMX GO PACK

The70RT

Quote from: AMX GO PACK on January 28, 2008, 01:13:25 AM
This should spice it up a bit........      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/74-JAVELIN-ROAD-RUNNER-383-PROJECT-PARTS-CAR_W0QQitemZ150210717789QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150210717789          74 Javelin 383 roadrunner parts car??? 

Nice hood scoop......now if the window will roll down so you can stick your head out the widow to see.  :lol: Looks like he at least would have put air in the tires and pulled it out of the ditch. 200 bucks and no bidders  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greenpigs

Just has a 383 in it..no mention of a road runner parts car.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free