News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel cell help

Started by 68chargerboy, January 05, 2008, 11:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

how do u guys mount u'r fuel cell.  do u do it wear the gas tank normlly sit or inside the trunk.  also the filler neck?  how do you install that if the cell is under the trunk pan in factory location?   thaks in advance'

Zach

TNT

The fuel cell goes in the trunk.
     Forget about using your factory filler.
     This not a street friendly modification.
            TNT

68chargerboy

why do u say that its not street friendly?

Mefirst

You could make a custom filler tube into the fuel cell, it would not be that difficult to fabricate.... If you plan to race your Charger you also need to seal off the trunk from the passanger compartment..

..also one down side puting a fuelcell in the trunk is that you will no longer have much room for beer in the trunk...

There is a company that fabricates stock fuel tanks with AN fittings welded to them. I sadly lost the web adress.. Ill try to find it... Thats the route I plan on going...

/Tom

Joshua

I had a fuel cell for awhile....pain in the a**....so I put the stock tank back in after welding a Competition Engineering sump to it. :2thumbs:

Mefirst

I know for a fact that there is a company that makes stock Mopar fuel tanks with a fuel sump with 1/2" AN fittings..

Only problem is that I cant remember the name of the company.. -Does anyone know??? Info would be appreciated...

/Tom