News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of steering wheel for my 69 charger?

Started by Tarzan, January 21, 2008, 04:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarzan

Im gonna buy a new steering wheel for my 69 charger. Any ideas? What fits a charger (BLACK) charger the best?
Wanted to have the death proof steering wheels but I have heard
that it does not fit.

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Death1970Proof

I believe that one similar to the one used in the film could be a grant SKU 654? IIRC It looks an awful lot like it. It's what I'll be using for my dp replica car.  :cheers: Most of the grant wheels as far as I know do require an adapter.
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

suntech

I am pretty sure that the wheel manufactor/ vendor has the adaptor you need, just by calling them and tell what car it is for :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

daytonalo

chargerman68

i like acouple different ones from grant...easy to install and look great..and puts the sterering wheels alittle closer to the dash than the factory setup :Twocents:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

dspaulding70

Can someone post a couple pictures of the steering wheels you are looking at?  I need to do the same on mine but uncertain what to go with.

Thanks

Darrell

NorwayCharger

Quote from: dspaulding70 on January 25, 2008, 09:23:55 AM
Can someone post a couple pictures of the steering wheels you are looking at?  I need to do the same on mine but uncertain what to go with.

Thanks

Darrell

Here´s one with a Grant.
I may switch to a Flaming River Waterfall ;)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

suntech

Hey Arne!! That was my idea :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :nana: :nana:
Here it is :2thumbs:

daytonalo

I see your taste now , the perfect wheel for you would be the chain-link wheel with three spokes !! I will get you a part #

suntech

Hehe! well, at least i need a steering wheel, since i am going to drive my car :D
I can´t remember that i was bashing on your taste in steering wheel ( or front suspention) :shruggy:
I can only assume, with your nick here, that you have an original Daytona Charger, and if i had that, i would have got a restored original wheel too :shruggy:
Rolf

daytonalo

No way !!! I'm poor , I had to build a replica Hemi Daytona .

Larry

suntech