News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PCV with indy valve cover's

Started by mally69, January 20, 2008, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

I just got to looking and it just hit me that there aren't any pcv holes in my indy valve cover's.. Does anyone have any ideas or a better setup, so i dont have to cut a hole in my cover's for a pcv.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_question:

Rolling_Thunder

Thats what We had to do on the last Indy VC set we got...     :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mally69

:no:  Dang i hate to drill on them, they look to good. Is it 100% necessary to have a PCV. Since my 440-2 intake is high to you guys think it would be ok to put just a vent underneath the intake in the valley plate. Its the indy valley plate.

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on January 20, 2008, 10:26:15 PM
:no:  Dang i hate to drill on them, they look to good. Is it 100% necessary to have a PCV. Since my 440-2 intake is high to you guys think it would be ok to put just a vent underneath the intake in the valley plate. Its the indy valley plate.

Yes, you need to vent the crankcase or you will blow all of the oil seals out of your engine....or worse !  :o

I run a breather on each valvecover....no PCV valve.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Looks like im gonna have to drill them. :'(  It's no big deal really, i just hated to have to cut them cuase the look to cool..
Any thoughts on putting a vent/breather on that valley plate, would that by chance work.

john108

Ron -- "breather on each valvecover" --  Are they just vented to atmosphere under the hood??

firefighter3931

Quote from: john108 on January 21, 2008, 02:47:38 PM
Ron -- "breather on each valvecover" --  Are they just vented to atmosphere under the hood??

Yep....just like the old days.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

John_Kunkel

You might consider drilling for the PCV on the side of the valve cover instead of on top, place the valve on the intake manifold side of the VC near the rear and it won't be all that noticeable. Moroso makes a PVC grommet with a built in baffle to prevent sucking oil.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mally69

:scratchchin: :scratchchin:
Any link to that moroso pcv grommet with a built in baffle..   :icon_smile_question:  i can't seem to find it i looked through summit

mally69