News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(ZDP) additive?

Started by 70_charger, January 21, 2008, 06:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70_charger

Anyone know where to get this or are you running HOT ROD OIL? (JOE GIBBS ) What are your thoughts engine builder recommended it for soild tappet cam

Chatt69chgr

I think Competition Cams sells a zinc additive to use with the new oils that have had it removed by EPA.  I read that Mopar was going to sell it too.

Steve P.

I just ordered a case of Comp Cams break in lube from Summit. They say it's on back order and the list is long to get it. I would suggest getting all you can while you can..  :Twocents:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70_charger

Ill see if I can get that,that Gibbs hotrod oil is 120 a case !!!!!

Runner

gm eos is back.   the gibbs hotrod oil looks really nice but the price is way to much for a poor boy like me.    i use val racing 20-50 with a bottle of eos. i change my oil every spring.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

John_Kunkel

The additive is known as ZDDP - Zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate, this is the extreme pressure additive in AC Delco EOS available from any GM dealer (if still available). Also, Valvoline Racing Oil still has lots of ZDDP as do many other racing oils.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.