News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

talladega sold last night on barrett jackson 42K

Started by moparstuart, January 18, 2008, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

was a nice car thought it went for a decent price , but they said it was a steal ?  was it sold to cheap ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

73chgrSE

moparstuart

Quote from: 73chgrSE on January 18, 2008, 10:48:13 AM
Did you see that black '73 chally go for 40K.
yes nice car but that seemed High for a 73 ? suposed survivor?   what did you think !

hotrod98

42k for the Talladega seemed way too low. I'll bet the seller's at his hotel right now crying like a baby. Maybe the guy that got 40k for his 73 Chally can cheer him up.
While B-J prices are not real world, we all know that they affect the market.
People aren't coming down south and getting those bargains on those lawn ornaments like they used to. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

jonw29

There is no way that I take that $$$$ for my Talladega.It seems to me the money guys are not there yet.It is definitely a buyers market and sellers are on suicide watch.Just my .02.

Ghoste

The writing was on the wall last January and the economy didn't improve through the year.  No one needs to cry, they need to pay more attention to the world around them and less what to what they read in magazines.

daytonalo

Bj 's days are numbered ! soon only big dollar cars will roll there . Too many average guys getting beat up !

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on January 18, 2008, 12:22:35 PM
Bj 's days are numbered ! soon only big dollar cars will roll there . Too many average guys getting beat up !
yes they should at least let the week days sellers offer reserves.  Then have all the no reserves sales on the weekends

Ghoste

But then Craig can't generate the sales numbers he needs to keep us talking about it the rest of the year.

hemigeno

True, but the only thing ever talked about in a positive light when it comes to B-J is the quality of some (not all) of the cars.  Beyond that, we're all just astonished at the rampant stupidity that usually prevails.

Craig & Co. are marketing Scottsdale as much for the experience as the auction itself.  IMHO that's trying to sell the sizzle not the steak.  Sooner or later the guys with the money will go elsewhere when the B-J hangover kicks in.

Oh, and I thought that Talladega went for way less than what it was worth - and most other cars too so far.

:Twocents:

73chgrSE

Definately high for the "73 chally but made me feel good. :lol:

Aero426

The Talladega struck me as a nice car, but not a great car.  I thought $45k was pretty much where the market has been.    I wish it was more as I also own an Aero Merc - and without a big block, those cars seem to bring even less.    For what they are, both the Talladega and Spoiler II  should bring more dollars than they do.  Not sure why they would be any less than a Charger 500 in similar shape.   It is an example of rare not always equaling big dollars.   On the other hand, if you are not a seller, there should be no complaints as you can still buy one and have an interesting piece of history.   

This was the first Talladega I recall seeing at a major auction in a few years.

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 18, 2008, 04:03:18 PM
The Talladega struck me as a nice car, but not a great car.  I thought $45k was pretty much where the market has been.    I wish it was more as I also own an Aero Merc - and without a big block, those cars seem to bring even less.    For what they are, both the Talladega and Spoiler II  should bring more dollars than they do.  Not sure why they would be any less than a Charger 500 in similar shape.   It is an example of rare not always equaling big dollars.   On the other hand, if you are not a seller, there should be no complaints as you can still buy one and have an interesting piece of history.   

This was the first Talladega I recall seeing at a major auction in a few years.

aren't they all pretty bare bones no options cars ?    I really like that one and seeing it .

69_500

I missed it, must have been one of the few times that I got up off the couch, and did something else. Grrrr..

LeeBoy

Quote from: moparstuart on January 18, 2008, 10:16:30 AM
  was a nice car thought it went for a decent price , but they said it was a steal ?  was it sold to cheap ?

I'd say it was cheap. There is a guy near me that has a complete Talladega that needs a resto and he is asking around $25,000
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

472 R/T SE

I just talked to my buddy who's down there and he said the Talladega was fantastically restored.  :shruggy:  The seller prolly is beside himself.

69_500

Probably not as beside himself as the owner/seller of the HEMI 500 that just went accross for $110K. I know they took a hit on that car, if its the same people who just bought it last spring.

jonw29

I am sorry ,but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who takes a hit on a car that they bought just to try to make a buck.They didn't buy because thier big brother had one or because they stared at it for hours on the floor of the showroom.They just bought it to try to turn a $.I am not shedding any tears.

A383Wing

I thought that Talladega was a great looking car....and it went too cheep!

Bryan  (but what do I know)   :shruggy:

Ghoste

Quote from: jonw29 on January 18, 2008, 10:51:34 PM
I am sorry ,but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who takes a hit on a car that they bought just to try to make a buck.They didn't buy because thier big brother had one or because they stared at it for hours on the floor of the showroom.They just bought it to try to turn a $.I am not shedding any tears.

I'm with you Jon.  I wouldn't be surprised if the only miles put on that car in the last year were rolling it on and off the trailers as the "investment" was put into storage for a few months to wait for it's amazing spectacular super duper better than hitting the lotto 100% guaranteed fantastic triple digit return on their money. 

I don't sound too cynical do I?  :soapbox:

jonw29