News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's new with the rebodied muscle cars?

Started by bull, October 05, 2005, 01:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Remember some time back a company was building complete Camaro bodies ('67-'68 I think) and they were supposed to follow that project with a line of Mustang and Cuda rebodies? I haven't heard word one about that in a long, long time. Did it ever happen? Has anyone rebuild a Camaro using the product? It all just went away quietly as far as I can tell.

Ghoste

I just read in another thread here someplace Bull, that one of the car mags (PHR??) was creating a 69 Camaro as a project using nothing but repro parts.  I think Troy posted the info on it?

Jon Smith

Old Moparz

The company is called Dynacorn, I've been trying to follow them & what they are planning.

http://www.dynacorn.com/site/04home/home.html
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

694spdRT

The last article which I just read in Muscle Car Enthusiast about the Camaro indicated they no longer have plans on doing the Cuda/Challenger body like they previously mentioned. They plan on doing a '67 Mustang fastback next.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Troy

As far as I know, they are only making 69 Camaros right now. I think the body alone is over $12k. I haven't seen one at any shows yet but I also haven't been to any Chevy or street rod shows. I'll ask a few guys I know if they have any pics from Goodguys or the Nationals.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Are they a unibody design or are they made for a frame? I'm pretty sure the real '69 Camaros were unibody. If it is a unibody design, and all you have to do is add on all the stock parts, $12K isn't too bad providing it is ready to paint. Seems to me that the '67-'68 body style is more popular than the '69 but I could be wrong. If I'm right than it seems like an odd choice to build the '69 rebody. I like the '67-'68 better myself. Maybe because it looks more like the Cuda/Challenger.

Ghoste

I see far far more 69's around here.  (I like the 67 and 68 better but what do I know, I like Mopars)

hotrod98

The 69 camaro is the most popular choice. It's just that they are so hard to find to restore. The cars are semi-unitized meaning that they have a front frame and the rest is unibody. I've owned a lot of camaros including an all original 69 SS RS 396 4-speed car with 35,000 miles. I sold it in 1982 for $3500 and thought that I had made a killing.  As much as I love mopars, I would probably trade my 71 scamp for that one right now.  :icon_smile_big:
I'm disappointed to hear that they are dropping the cuda idea. That can always change later, though.
I thought that I had heard that Dynacorn was having trouble with GM regarding licensing rights or something.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

In 1982 you did make a killing.  If you had just hung on a few more years...

I wonder if GM wants a lot more money for licensing now that they are on the financial ropes?