News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a superbird with AC

Started by BigBlockSam, January 17, 2008, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

Most competition ski boats (Mastercraft, Malibu, Supra, etc.) marine engines turned same direction as autos, but
Correct Craft (Ski Nautique) engines were right hand rotation. The idea was it would counter act the weight discrepancy of the driver and make the wake more symmetrical. I never really noticed the difference to a point where it bothered me when skiing or barefooting.
  If you want to change a right hand motor to left, you must change the cam, distributer and starter.

A383Wing

....and the crankshaft....the rear main seal oil grooves are cut opposite direction on the reverse rotation motor.

Bryan

abebummy26

Its not a ski boat. Its a like 25 foot runabout. I wont be buying this motor. I have nothing to put it in. I am just telling you guys not my motor just saying it is available.

hpmike

There is a Superbird in NJ that I regularly work on that had the same dealer installed A/C unit. Last spring I took it all out(saved it, don't worry).  It was very crudely installed, looks like they just punched the hole in the firewall with a hammer and chisel.  I also worked on a red Daytona with dealer A/C some years back.  That system was also removed when the car was restored, sometime in the mid 90's.

Mike

gtx6970

A friend of mine has a bird with dealer intalled A/C . And it the first Bird released to the general public for sale, 3rd bird off the line
Vitamin C  6pack car

pettybird

the 'bird at the Pioneer auto museum in Murdo, SD has a/c on it...weirdest setup i've ever seen--the lines run in on the DRIVER side. 

Glen Peters' #43 tribute (orig white car) had dealer air

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 24, 2008, 12:09:12 AM
the 'bird at the Pioneer auto museum in Murdo, SD has a/c on it...weirdest setup i've ever seen--the lines run in on the DRIVER side. 

do you know were that car is now doug ?? havent seen it in 10 years or so  ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on January 24, 2008, 09:12:13 AM

I've lost track of Glen's car.   I know he has sold it.   Which one was the Murdo car?

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 24, 2008, 09:37:28 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 24, 2008, 09:12:13 AM

I've lost track of Glen's car.   I know he has sold it.   Which one was the Murdo car?
yeah i knew glen had to sell it, just had not heard where is was not either  ? 

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 24, 2008, 09:37:28 AM
Which one was the Murdo car?

It's a Tor-red car, black int.  'Course, that was back in the ol' days where memory cards were expensive, and I have very few shots of the museum. 

Here are the pics I have from there:  really, only a couple more, which is a shame considering how many cars were there--over 200.  The place is insane. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pettybird/sets/72157603785751866/

moparstuart

wow clean the dust off that engine !

pettybird

All but a VERY few were kept in open air barns--some didn't even have four walls. 

In this building were at least two Shelbys, a couple big block mustangs, 428CJ/4 speed '69 torino, an S/C Rambler, and more.  There weren't really any lights, and a couple of the buildings were very dark.  Most of the cars have been there for over 20 years.  Most of the cars were sitting either on flat tires or 4x4's to make them look level, too.  About the only cars indoors, stored well, were a "gone in 60 seconds" Elanor mustang (new one) and a General Lee clone.  That car was somewhere between the insect and gemstone collections.  The place was schizophrenic to say the least.

It was kinda like going to one of those awful old concrete zoos and finding all the animals are sick.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 24, 2008, 11:38:24 AM
All but a VERY few were kept in open air barns--some didn't even have four walls. 

In this building were at least two Shelbys, a couple big block mustangs, 428CJ/4 speed '69 torino, an S/C Rambler, and more.  There weren't really any lights, and a couple of the buildings were very dark.  Most of the cars have been there for over 20 years.  Most of the cars were sitting either on flat tires or 4x4's to make them look level, too.  About the only cars indoors, stored well, were a "gone in 60 seconds" Elanor mustang (new one) and a General Lee clone.  That car was somewhere between the insect and gemstone collections.  The place was schizophrenic to say the least.

It was kinda like going to one of those awful old concrete zoos and finding all the animals are sick.
still sounds like a neat place   time capsule !!

Daytona R/T SE

the 'bird at the Pioneer auto museum in Murdo, SD

Been there,done that! Neat place!

Daytona R/T SE

More ;)