News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now 69's are worth a 100k? Or 31 left? Insult to our intellegence.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 17, 2008, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

So this guy thinks a 69 R/t is booked for 100,000.00?  Beautiful car, but 100,000.00 for a 69 R/T?  Anyone wanna buy mine for 80,000.00?  I'll even put the motor back in it.  Come on. :shruggy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-440-matching-s-VERY-FAST_W0QQitemZ200192866108QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200192866108
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69charger2002

i thought the exact same thing. when he buys one i bet he doesn't think they're worth but $25-30k. but when selling these cars, it's funny how fast people break out the overpriced NADA classic price guide. they are superinflated for our chargers, hate to admit it, but it's true.. $100k.. steal for $75k. please.. it may even classify as a semi-survivor.. but he doesn't even know the mileage on the car.. i see fade on the tail panel etc. don't get me wrong i like the car.. a LOT, but to say it's a steal of a deal at $75k is a whack statement even he can't believe
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charged

NADA is worthless, allways overpriced and not within realities tolerances...this is a prime example of somebody who hasent graspped that fact. Price shit for what it sells.

1969chargerrtse

I ran my own car business for about 5 years.  I went to all the large car auctions including the Insurance auctions.  I started out using NADA, and Kelly blue book.  but after losing my shirt, I grabbed about 5 weeks of our Ct Bargain News, and that's what I took to the auction with me.  Real Jane/Joe public used car prices.  I did very well that way.   ;D
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

supserdave

I was gonna buy it but the steering wheel was a deal breaker.

bull

"I have made my peace with selling this car and if somone wants it I am open to offers." ::)

Yea, I'm sure I'd be at peace too for $75k. That's about $10k more than the nicest non-Hemi R/T ever peaked out at and we're well below those numbers now days.

C_stripes

I like this part, "It is the bronze car in the photo." Dang, I thought it was the car under the cover in the background. Well. I'm glad he straitend that one out for us.
It is a good looking car. But its far from a 100K car. But hey! He can paint it black or like the GL for over the buy it now price.  So for around $105K? you can have ONE SWEET GL or BLACK CHARGER :2thumbs: :2thumbs:.  I think I want two of them!
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

moparstuart

he should make it a general lee or paint it black  !!! LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

snooter

you have a beautiful charger and sorry about your recent troubles....its same ol same ol when it comes to these and other muscle cars..is it just me or do people seem to be lieing a lot more...now i aint perfect and god knows thats...but i am about ready to completly give up on people here shortly...

68RT4ME

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: suntech on January 18, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
You mean make it in to a  General Bullit?????
do a 1/2 and 1/2 68 fron clip in black and 69 rear in orange !!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Regarding the guy selling the "ONLY 31 left" '69, that guy is gonna f**k the wrong person over, just like HLPAG will one day. Some guy who wants a '69 (because of D-O-H) who knows nothing about Chargers , let alone '69s is gonna bid on that car because he thinks theres only 31 left. He's gonna get it home to find out he got bullshited and lied to by the seller and I can bet the winner of that auction aint gonna be too happy. I can see a law suit in the seller's future :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: suntech on January 18, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
You mean make it in to a  General Bullit?????

I'm thinking more like this....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Rocky

What's up with the nasty seam in the C pillar?  You'd think he would take pictures where it is not so pronounced, but he is obviously living in a dream world anyway.  How much do you think he would add to the "BIN" price for a $400 MACCO paint job?   :slap:   :eek2:

69_500

Well I see that the Buy it now price has dropped since last night from $75K to $69K. Maybe once another Charger doesn't reach $150K at BJ this weekend his car will lower to the acceptable range.