News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger R/T No Vin Found Title and Liscence Plate Yes Please Help!

Started by ChargersETC..ETC.., January 18, 2008, 10:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargersETC..ETC..

I know of a 1968 Charger R/T    with no vin # has clear title and lisence plate also no fender tag. I was  told the the vins the same on trunk and radiator core support but I checked a known good legal car and looks like the trunk and radiator support match up but the vins totally different do you have to decode these numbers somehow to be able to see if they match?
Heres my question is there any secret hidden vin numbers located anywhere a 1968 dodge charger that can be matched or varified by DMV to get a new legal salvage etc.. title or new vin issued by dmv?  :scope:

Also I was told by DMV the car is to " OLD" to be in the dmv computer record system  :shruggy: ???? :flame:

Do I go to the state police or contact the FBI for help ???  :patrol:   

I 've been searching old threads for help haven't found much info yet.  Also theres no broadcast sheet either

As far as I know this is a good legal car that some souviner hunting sob stole vin off :nutkick: 
Hey if your missing a silver 1968 charger RT e mail some info I'll help any way I can  :patriot:
also the old title dates back to 1982 if that helps :shruggy:

69_500

The VIN is listed on the radiator core support and in the rear trunk drip rail on the 1969 Chargers but not on the 68's. However if you have a title for the car, it will list the VIN on the title. On a 1968 the number on the radiator core support, and trunk match to the cars SON which I believe is only listed on the broadcast sheet in 1968.

ChargersETC..ETC..

Hey everyone thanks for the help ! Correct me if I am wrong but based on knowing the # on the trunk lip that should match the fender tag which isn't there but I should now know what # should be on the fender tag for whatever good that will do me.

And looks like the title vin # can only match the vin that is missing from dash or the numbers on the engine or transmission which the seller of car either kept or sold.

So if ask the car seller if he knows the wherabouts of the engine or transmission then that would help get a vin reassigned since it matches title.
AHHH Dang it ........    :brickwall:I think I just figured out that makes no sence as to how that would match the car it would only match title #.

There has got to be some fail safe system in place somehow with 2 numbers in case something happens to the vin doesn't there ?? :shruggy:
Even a Nash Metropolitan has that  :smiliel