News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Go wing spoiler on 2nd Gen Charger? Yay or nay?

Started by JR, January 15, 2008, 11:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4forty

dodgecharger-fan

If at all, I'd say only with a black stripe or on a black car... maybe.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 16, 2008, 12:15:33 PM

what about if you match wing color with stripe &/or body ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mopar2Ya

Nope just not feelin' it. They look too narrow.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Blown70

71ChallengeHer

41husk

I don't think the wing looks bad on the 2nd gens but it looks great on a 3rd gen :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Spike

On top of a black stripe it looks good, on just a painted surface I don't like it as much. I have considered adding a Go-wing many of times. I even have a spare deck lid with cut outs for it.

THE CHARGER PUNK

I like the way the spoiler looks on 2nd gen chargers, when i saw this post and saw spoiler and 2nd gen charger the 1st car that came 2 mind was this one

Dodge Don

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on January 15, 2008, 11:29:51 PM
nay, I think it takes away from the lines of the car. 

I don't think a rear spoiler was optional on the Charger until 1971, but I could be wrong, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in. 

You are wrong. It was a mid-year option on 70 Chargers.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

THE COLONEL

Well, I have to say, that when I bought The Colonel, I did not like the wing on there, but it has really grown on me since I've had it.  I think I like it, because it is lower then the other Go Wings.  I did find out that it came off a GTO, but like I said, because it is lower then other wings, I think it looks pretty good. 

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 16, 2008, 12:29:49 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 16, 2008, 12:15:33 PM

what about if you match wing color with stripe &/or body ?

I thought about that and I don't know... I don't think it'd look good.

Charger74

Colonel, it came of a GTO huh?  You know what, I think I agree with you, it looks pretty good and different from the rest.

TUFCAT

I have to agree, the spoiler on the colonel looks better than the factory 1970 wing does.

68RT4ME

Personally, I don't think it adds anything to the lines of the car. The cars lines are perfect as is. To me it just takes away from that. However, if it came that way to begin with, I'd use it whether I liked it or not. Course, I feel the same about the factory luggage rack. I mean, honestly, who would strap luggage to the trunk lid of a car anyway?  :scratchchin:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

suntech

I would say no to the go-wing. Gotta admit that i have been playing around with the idea of making a daytona wing, just a little lower than the original, to downtone it alittle. :shruggy:
What do you guys yhink of something like that?
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  if you do that the trunk won't open, how low is lower?... if you mounted it to the trunk instead of to the sides, that might work... but I wouldn't personally, spoilers detract too much from the lines of the car, it draws my eye to the spoiler and i end up thinking why?.. if the car had a spoiler up front it would help balance the look,.. I really like the way most members here have done their cars with the spoilers though, great to see such thought put into the combos of color and options and i enjoy seeing some variety,..   :2thumbs:
too bad this isn'[t a poll..
  :scratchchin: Thinking about this spoiler issue, i wonder if the front spoiler used on the DAYTONA could be used on a stock charger?..

suntech

I have not really thought exactly how much lower, but what i was thinking about, is that it Could be kinda cool, even without the nose cone, but it had to be done a LITTLE bit less dominant!  :shruggy:
Up front i am planning on making a carbon fibre front valance, with a front spoiler integrated, something like Mr. Angry´s, but blended in.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Joshua

Go Wing? On a Charger?  :eek2: Even if I owed a Hemi 'Cuda 'vert or GTX with a wing.....it'd come off. ;D

Brock Samson

Can't be any worse then that scoop..  :lol: sorry, it's fine...

Joshua

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 17, 2008, 01:58:40 PM
Can't be any worse then that scoop..  :lol: sorry, it's fine...

Hahahaha....that didn't take long! I deserve that...... Yeah, yeah.....once I find a good hood, it'll go..... :2thumbs:
Although I do still like the look of it.....Dick Landy style ya know :icon_smile_cool:.....

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Charger74 on January 17, 2008, 09:15:10 AM
Colonel, it came of a GTO huh? 

yeah, it's pretty bad.  A Mopar, with Chevy paint, and a Pontiac wing.  It's kind of like a mutt! :smilielol:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

sick dawg

I don't like it. It kind of reminds me of all the ricers with an alumminun model of the Wright brothers first airplane bolted on their trunk. :nono: