News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

srt-8 seats in a 69 here are the pcs

Started by Ryan, January 15, 2008, 03:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

thought some people may like to see this. Got them off of ebay for $900 front and back, they are in great shape except for the rip in one seat caused by they way some genious packed them :icon_smile_angry:

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

PocketThunder

OH YA i like that!!!!  :drool5:  The purists can keep my stock bucket seats...  :down:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 15, 2008, 03:24:36 PM
OH YA i like that!!!!  :drool5:  The purists can keep my stock bucket seats...  :down:
ok i'll take em
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68RT4ME

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2008, 03:22:22 PM
thought some people may like to see this. Got them off of ebay for $900 front and back, they are in great shape except for the rip in one seat caused by they way some genious packed them :icon_smile_angry:

Back seat too. How well does that fit?

Fronts look good.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 15, 2008, 03:24:36 PM
OH YA i like that!!!! :drool5: The purists can keep my stock bucket seats... :down:

Your not kidding. The origianal front seats suck.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ryan

Still working on the back seat, it may not work its alot taller than the original seat. I think what I might do it get the original seat recovered with the new fabric and foam .

2014 viper TA

Mo Power

So did they have the same size width for tracks or did you use the orginal bucket tracks? And to me they look alot wider and that would be a task to put in the rear since they are way different inside but good job  :2thumbs:.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Charger74

The biggest problem I see with the SRT  seats is that they do not fold forward to allow easier access to the back seat.  If I'm wrong, please let us know, I have thought about doing the same thing but this is the one thing that deters me from doing it....

Ryan

the fold forward, there just just isnt a quick lever for it like most coupe seats. You have to use the power controlls and slide the seat up, and adjust the seatback forward, its works just as good, just takes about 15-20 seconds.

I used the srt8 tracks as I wanted to keep the power seat function, plus I got like $400 for my 6 way drivers braket :icon_smile_big: I had to drill new holes in the floor, but not a big deal. The seats a so comfy that it is well worth the modification to the car.

2014 viper TA

1BAD68

can you show pics of the rear seat and tell us if you had to make any mods to fit it?

terrible one

Good call, those look great.  :2thumbs:

Did the tracks come close enough for you to be able to use the stock floor braces? If not, did you make up new braces of any sort? Might be something to consider as if not you simply have sheet metal holding your seats in.

Ryan

yes the stock braces were used, just had to move the holes over about 2" if i remember correctly

2014 viper TA

Mike DC

Charger74

Cool Ryan, thanks for clearing that up.  I had been thinking of doing the same thing but was leery of that part.

JR

Looks great. You know, there are interior restoration guys that new car dealers use to repair scratches and rips like that. We just used one yesterday to fix a burn. They usually charge between 50-100 here to repair a spot like that.

I'd try one of them, definatley cheaper than an upholstery shop.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ryan

ya I plan on it, I checked the cost to replace the cover.......$650 for a new one from dodge :rotz:

2014 viper TA

dodgecharger-fan

Nice!

Pretty good price on the seats too.

I'd love to see the back seat done with the SRT8 - but I bet it'll take some modifications, huh?
Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

NMike

Quote from: Ryan on January 16, 2008, 01:23:49 PM
ya I plan on it, I checked the cost to replace the cover.......$650 for a new one from dodge :rotz:

i'm sure an upholstery shop could patch in a new piece. just remove the seat cover and take it into one for a quote.