News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2009 Dodge Ram....what do you think? Cool huh?

Started by Magnumcharger, January 13, 2008, 01:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

I'm with the minority of the members so far, I think it's one of the nicest redesigns yet.  :yesnod:
I'm currently in the process of resolving a lemon law claim with my '07 Ram 2500, the biggest disappointment in a new vehicle I've ever experienced. I got rid of my '98 Ram 2500 Quad for this thing, the biggest mistake I ever made.  :flame: 
I was considering getting an '08 when this is all said & done, but after seeing those press release photos of the '09, I'm sold! I think I'm gonna wait a few extra months. I'll take that design (& improvements) over the '07 & '08 any day. I'm hoping there's no wait for the '09 2500 Rams, that would suck. 

And yes, my '98 was a Quad Cab, the '07 is a Quad Cab, & whatever I buy will still be a Quad Cab. The current Rams have rear seat room for adults, & my son is still in a car seat. There are people out there who need the extra seating. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That simple.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

73ChargerSE

I'd like to see the 2 door version.  I love my '02 but it's got 164k on it.

70 Charger RT

I like it.  I also like the idea of 4 doors.  Great for conveniance when you need to haul kids around.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Dave22443

I use my truck to pull my boat and my camper.  My family of 5 fits nicely in a 4 door truck.  If my truck didn't have 4 doors, I'd have to have a second car follow me when we go boating and camping.  A lot of people also like to use their trucks for daily driving and with the 4 doors you have just as much room in the truck as you do in most cars, so yes, 4 doors on a truck is a good thing.  :2thumbs:

4 doors on a sports car however...  :brickwall:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Brock Samson

Charger_Fan

I think it looks great! :2thumbs:
I like the 'Ram Box' idea, that will definitely be a good place to stash stuff...that lid had better be steel & not plastic, though. The bed is a little short for my taste, but that's pretty much how the trend is going these days. Some trucks today are more of an SUV with an added box to throw small stuff in.

On the Allpar link, I also noticed there's upper & lower gloveboxes, plus an in-floor cooler box. Are they trying to promote drinking & driving? :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparjohn

OMG I thought I had to have a Mega Cab, but now I know what I want. 09 Hemi/5 speed auto, chrome package in tan or green, but please no navigation, rear camera, backup warnings or signals in the mirrors.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mikesbbody

i like it! as mentioned the blue one looks way better imo

Magnumcharger

For more pics...try here:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-ram.html

I also uploaded a couple of dozen hi-rez pics to www.flickr.com
The biggest of those is almost 9megs!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

MaMopar

MaMopar

69charger2002

that f-150/toyota tundra hybrid will have to do some MAJOR growing on me before i'd consider buying one. i think they get worse with every body style change.. the 94-01 was sweet, the 02-05 was good, the 06-08 the headlights and taillights are retarded, now this. is it just me or are those headlights morphed straight off a 05+ mustang. and the grill looks like it just got in a minor fender bender
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Dave22443

The truck is also listed on www.dodge.com now so its definately official.

I like the side rail storage and can't help but wonder what the hell took someone so long to figure out what to do with that space.  I also notice you loose the inner wheel wells, making the inside of the bed look more like a step-side than a fleet side.  And don't even think about putting cap on it.

When I heard someone mention stow-and-go rear seats, I was thinking how great that was being like the Carivan, but I see thats not quite the same on the truck.  Better yes, but I would prefer full floor access like the Carivan does.

The in floor cooler is a nice touch, but why cant it be powered?  They have 12 volt coolers available, why not put one in?  (Ford is doing it with one of their new SUV's rear center console)  It also needs to be a bit bigger to be of real use.

I guess the two biggest complaints I have with the design is:

1) Double-decker headlights  :eek2:
2) Crosshair Grill   :brickwall:

The one part I'd like to have a more detailed look at is this new suspension.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mopar2Ya

From Allpar.

It's a little lik the '05- GC/WK rear suspension. It's nice to see the panhard-like bar to keep the rear in place.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Beep Beep Dave

I think it is starting to grow on me. I seen some pics of the interior with a huge console that I didn't care for much. Still prefer a split bench in my truck.
Like said above I like the 94 to 2001 styling, then the 02 to 05 next.
Be interesting to see the new ones on the road. They should have some sort of reel type bed cover to go along with the new side storage bins which I think are a good idea.

Not sure how well that rear suspension will work???

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Is that rear suspension setup just on the 1500 models?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi