News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seats

Started by 70_charger, January 14, 2008, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70_charger

Will 72 seats go in a 70?????

Runner

i have no personal experiance, but when i was thinking about putting 71 seats in my 68 plymouth i was told the floor pan is different between 71 up and 70 down. so youll either need to fab up a rise for the seat bases or get 70 seats.  i think the 70 floor is flat and the 71-up floors have a short base on the outside. 70 seats seem to be pretty tough to find compared to 71-74 seats, i found some 68 buckets close to me so thats what the car got instead....     i dont know about 70 but i do know the seat backs have some slight differeances between 71 and 72. ( at least for plymouth but im sure dodge is the same).   i bought a 72 satellite as a doner for bucket seat interior on my 71 roadrunner, then after i wrecked the satellite on the way home i bought a 71 roadrunner for body parts for the 72 and it had bucket seats,  as it turns out i now have 71 seats in my 72 satellite and 72 seats in my 71 roadrunner  :eek2:

we are talking front buckets right?

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

BRS

Definitely a difference in the floor pans between a 70 and 72. You can make them work with some modification to the bases. You might be able to bolt the 70 bases on the 72 seats but I'm not sure.

70_charger

yes we are talking front buckets . Currently I have no bases I was hoping the 72's had em on there so I could modify

Ghoste

For a short time, I had a set of 71 buckets in a 69 Super Bee I once had.  I forget what had to be done to make them fit but it can be done.

70_charger

OK I think Ill tell the guy at work Ill take em
Thanks