News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bucket seat spacer questions

Started by Dennis K, January 13, 2008, 11:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis K

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the factory used the spacers on all 4 studs on the bottom of the bucket seat tracks on the 68s? I installed my seats with spacers on all 4, and when I stand in front of the car and look through the windshield at the tops of the front seats, they look like they are leaning in toward the center of the car,not level with the top of the back seat. The floor, seat tracks, and seat frames are all original parts, so I'm thinking maybe the spacers are only supposed to be on the inner studs? The people who sell the spacers say you need 8 per car, but of course they want to sell you 8 and not 4. I don't know if I've ever taken apart a Charger that has never been taken apart before, so I don't know for sure. Anyone else know? Thanks

Hemidog

i need all 8, you sure the tracks are in the right place?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dennis K on January 13, 2008, 11:56:57 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the factory used the spacers on all 4 studs on the bottom of the bucket seat tracks on the 68s? I installed my seats with spacers on all 4, and when I stand in front of the car and look through the windshield at the tops of the front seats, they look like they are leaning in toward the center of the car,not level with the top of the back seat. The floor, seat tracks, and seat frames are all original parts, so I'm thinking maybe the spacers are only supposed to be on the inner studs? The people who sell the spacers say you need 8 per car, but of course they want to sell you 8 and not 4. I don't know if I've ever taken apart a Charger that has never been taken apart before, so I don't know for sure. Anyone else know? Thanks

Its odd that it would be that way. Have you done any floor work?

are you sure the tracks are for the right car?

Those spacers actually are for fine tuning how the seat sits, BUT its for overall hieght of the seat and how much it sits back or forwad to the drivers liking. Ive seen some with 3 in front and none in the back. BUT they USUALLY came with the standard 4 per seat and the dealer was to set it up for the customer.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Winged 1

;)
Should be 4 per seat. If the seats are leaning there is another problem. The spacers are meant to keep metal to metal from happening. May have swapped sides during process of installing. Or something else..
Good luck.
Eric

Just 6T9 CHGR

Remember 6-way seat tracks used NO spacers.....but they didn't originally come in 68's though....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T