News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

O.k.. am I the only freak....

Started by Khyron, October 04, 2005, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

but I plan on my car getting a cup cake on it's birthday 12 / 18

anyone else do this? or am I takeing this too far? my wife thinks so  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger4404spd

Charger_Fan

You're definitely a freak  :icon_smile_big: , but I've heard of others who've done something similar.  :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

I didn't get a cupcake, but I did get it an oil change and lube for its "birthday". Funny, I can remember the date my car was built and when I bought it, but I can't remember when my father was born.

cudaken

Khyron, is your Charger a 318? ;D Filling her and my self to the top with Cam 2. ;D :thumbs: :cheers: on her brithday. That must be tonight. :icon_smile_big:

Breaking sh-t again Cuda Ken
I am back

Spartan

I can remember the day I bought her, the snow storm I drove her home in, and the date of the  first time I saw her at the car lot.  You think I can remember my wife's birthday?  NOT!!!  Never come home after work late after stoping for a beer with the guys on her birthday.....Not a good thing.  Its a good thing I like the couch.  Next time I'll sleep in the charger :).  Your not such a freak, I talk to mine while I work on her, usually apologizing for something I neglected....
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

andy74

my cars build date is the same day as my wifes birthday(a few years apart)-so i usually sit inside the car and have a beer,before we head out for a night out!

Charger Aficionado

Naw nothin' wrong with you...   :haha:

Ghoste

I usually do the same as Andy.  Just sit in the car and have a beer on it's birthday.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

andy74

BigBlockSam

your are not alone my friend, no cupcake but i talk to my cars. i went to the body shop that has my 68 r/t and i found my self telling the car not to worry you'll be home soon   and   this is for your own good.   IM A FREAK TOO!      :smilie_help:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

NHCharger

On October 10 it will be 10 years I've had my 71 Charger. I told my wife I wanted her to bake a cake for the occasion. She told me I'm weird.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

moparjohn

I am a freak too, I have a birthday oil change (I take the day off from work) AND I have an anniversery for us on they day I got him. You cannot tell people like us that "it's just a car" because there a re many cars that we do not feel this way about! John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Judhudson

Well I was going to pour some beer and toss in some cake in the gas tank when my Charger's birthday comes around.  I take it that it may not be a good idea thou....

Ghoste

No, Chargers are like Christine.  They're happy for you to eat the cake and drink the beer and just spend a little quality time with them to mark the occasion.

warlock

I don't really celebrate my car's birthday but do acknowledge that it's her birthday. It's easy to remember cause my Charger and mine are on the same day.

Old Moparz

Yes, Khyron it's strange & a bit freaky. I have a build sheet for some of my cars but I never looked at the dates on them, not important. Just don't start shopping for lingerie to hang on the mirrors. If you get a size too big you'll never hear the end of "So you think my rear is that big?" It emanates from the radio when you drive past other old Mopars & look at them. Sometimes the heat shuts off to show how cold it is, & you can forget about getting into the glove box.  :eyes:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Khyron

:haha:

And about the lingerie, last bachelor party I went too. One of the strippers put her thong on my rear view mirror, it was fun explaining that one to the wife   :icon_smile_shock:

But I’m glad to see I’m not the only freak ;)I don't think she'll think the blower is for her, and if she thinks it's an expensive hint i'll get my ass kicked ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

If the car gets more gifts than your wife you might be in trouble. :icon_smile_blackeye: But to answer your question, yes, you are a freak. :yesnod: So, how is the Charger going to 'ingest' this token of your affection anyway?

Khyron

It’s not, I’ll eat it, but I’ll be careful when I let the fan blow out the candle :lol:

*EDIT* and thanks for the wife tip, I would have gotten into trouble for that one ;)

I don't think she'll think the blower is for her, and if she thinks it's an expensive hint i'll get my ass kicked ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HeavyFuel

I think about the car's "birthday" from time to time, but how do you really tell for sure what it is?

According to my build sheet, the scheduled production date is 19 Feb 1968.  But the final inspection markings on the firewall and radiator support say 2 Feb 68.  And the delivery acknowledgement card in the owner's manual say's the original owner took posesion on 5 Feb 68.

I go by the final inspection markings, the day it rolled off of the line.

Spartan

That would be a first.  A car company shipping out ahead of schedule, lol.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 04, 2005, 05:31:33 PM
You're definitely a freak   :icon_smile_big: , but I've heard of others who've done something similar.   :lol:
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P