News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photo pros...need 1 pic resized...

Started by 1carcrazyguy, January 12, 2008, 11:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1carcrazyguy

Does anyone have a program that will allow to enlarge a pic without making it fuzzy? :brickwall:  I just need one pic resized for my wifes college year book, PLEASE!!  :bow:

A383Wing

I have one, but it depends on what size you are starting with, and what size you want to end up with.....if ya wanna send it to me in an email, I can try. Don't imbed it in the body of an email, send it as an "attachment"

Best to send a "jpg" file if you can....click on my forum name and you can get my email address in my profile

Bryan 

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on January 12, 2008, 11:41:32 PM
Does anyone have a program that will allow to enlarge a pic without making it fuzzy? :brickwall:

I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. The picture below of my website avatar was a big picture. I even used Photoshop to ad the wording.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

It's much harder if you want it enlarged and it really depends on the quality of the original picture. You know how if you take a magnifying glass and look at some old print (say a comic book) you can see the individual "dots" that make up the picture? Well, the computer does the exact same thing when you blow up a digital image. It doesn't fill in the gaps or smooth the edges unless you do it by hand. This causes the picture to look "pixelated" and/or blurry because there isn't enough information from the original to make an accurate reproduction in a larger size. Did you scan the picture from something?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: A383Wing on January 13, 2008, 12:52:13 AM

Best to send a "jpg" file if you can....click on my forum name and you can get my email address in my profile

Bryan 

Email sent!  Thanks for the offer!   :bow:

1FastCharger

Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2008, 11:20:19 AM
It's much harder if you want it enlarged and it really depends on the quality of the original picture. You know how if you take a magnifying glass and look at some old print (say a comic book) you can see the individual "dots" that make up the picture? Well, the computer does the exact same thing when you blow up a digital image. It doesn't fill in the gaps or smooth the edges unless you do it by hand. This causes the picture to look "pixelated" and/or blurry because there isn't enough information from the original to make an accurate reproduction in a larger size. Did you scan the picture from something?

Troy

Hmmm...those guys on CSI can zoom in on a license plate six blocks away and clear it up. I wonder what program they use.     :smilielol:   :smilielol:
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

1carcrazyguy

:shruggy:  But a guy that works for the government told me that some of the satellites that they use for intel, they can zoom in enough to read the ingredients on a candy bar wrapper.    I would not be suprised if it were true.  I also think they could use these satellite programs to solve a lot of crimes if they really wanted to devote attention to that.  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: 1FastCharger on January 13, 2008, 06:42:27 PM
Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2008, 11:20:19 AM

Troy

Hmmm...those guys on CSI can zoom in on a license plate six blocks away and clear it up. I wonder what program they use.     :smilielol:   :smilielol:

:yesnod: Yea, everything works great on TV and in the movies. Actually, there are some computer programs that can enlarge pictures with some success but the computer has to install missing information from a formulated pattern for it to work. I'm sure not and expert on those types of things but I bet they costs lots o' money. I'm just happy when I can reduce a picture without the edges getting all jagged. For that I use this free online service: http://www.photosize.com/ It works great!

bull

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on January 13, 2008, 06:47:55 PM
:shruggy:  But a guy that works for the government told me that some of the satellites that they use for intel, they can zoom in enough to read the ingredients on a candy bar wrapper.    I would not be suprised if it were true.  I also think they could use these satellite programs to solve a lot of crimes if they really wanted to devote attention to that.  :yesnod:

If that's true they are not zooming in on the pixel dots on a picture and trying to make them bigger.

And Pete's sake, isn't there an easier way to find out the ingredients of a candy bar without using a billion-dollar satellite? :D

remta1

Quote from: bull on January 13, 2008, 07:39:33 PM
Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on January 13, 2008, 06:47:55 PM

If that's true they are not zooming in on the pixel dots on a picture and trying to make them bigger.

And Pete's sake, isn't there an easier way to find out the ingredients of a candy bar without using a billion-dollar satellite? :D
:lol: :lol: :smilielol:

A383Wing

Candy bar is mostly sugar & fat...even a stoopid old guy like me can figure that one out without a telescope

Bryan  (what were we talking about?)