News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple black 69 R/T SE is home,it was real.....

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 12, 2008, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

70charginglizard

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 12, 2008, 10:37:50 PM
nice congrats.. Javelin door handels?!  :smilielol:

Dont you guys know anything.
Thats the super rare  seldom seen M92 Charger B-body handle to AMC handle option....lol
definately want to keep those on there.  :smilielol:

Other than that. You got an totally awesome car there bud. Those floors are unbelievable! :o
70charginglizard

RT/SE

I was with 69 Our/Tea and another friend yesterday to pick up his new Triple Black 69 RT/SE.  What an adventurous day we had.  It was really exciting going out to get the car, loading it up and bringing it back.  We had lots of fun yesterday.  When he first told me about the car, I knew that this was a very special car.  The factory options on this car are unreal.  The fact that it is a factory Triple Black car puts the icing on the cake.  Having seen and inspected the car in person, it is absolutely rock solid.  Whoever ordered this car was not shy about checking off the options sheet.  Putting yourself back in 1969, I'm sure this was a pretty pricey Charger back then.  Paul was very excited yesterday and I am very happy for him since I know that this is his dream car.  I felt the same way when I found my 4 speed Triple Black RT/SE Charger years ago. I had always dreamed of owning a factory black 4 speed Charger. 

I can't wait until both cars are done and they are at a car show.  Just from a historic point of view, I think it will be really cool to see them together.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Gotta tell ya though, my favorite option was that low fuel warning light.  Now that was rare. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

I think I know why he thought there was a low gas warning,the build date on my car is A02,and if you go to Galens book it shows an option code A02 which is low gas warning,but for C bodys only I think.Pretty easy mix up I geuss,if you did'nt know this was a buid date code.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 13, 2008, 03:37:14 PM
I think I know why he thought there was a low gas warning,the build date on my car is A02,and if you go to Galens book it shows an option code A02 which is low gas warning,but for C bodys only I think.Pretty easy mix up I geuss,if you did'nt know this was a buid date code.

That sounds like that would be it.  You forgot to mention that car also had a sport steering wheel, gonna look great with it on.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

terrible one

That's definitely an amazing car. Absolutely loaded with options! I don't usually like the luggage racks, but for some reason seeing that one on the triple black combo just looks awesome!  :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

What an awesome score, congrats!! :cheers:

It's odd that being that clean of a car, it was sold minus it's engine. What was the story with that? Was it pulled for a rebuild years ago & eventually lost? Did the previous owner give any leads to the whereabouts of it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 13, 2008, 04:32:16 PM
What an awesome score, congrats!! :cheers:

It's odd that being that clean of a car, it was sold minus it's engine. What was the story with that? Was it pulled for a rebuild years ago & eventually lost? Did the previous owner give any leads to the whereabouts of it?
Original owner told guy I bought from he blew it up years ago.

69 OUR/TEA

Heres another pic of interesting history.......

And on another note,I know the hood pins are definately not original,so they are gone,but as I am talking with Chris about the car,the luggage rack and pass side mirror are not on my tag,if the rack was original I would keep it,but if not it will be coming off,but would be keeping the mirror.

supserdave

Awesome car man! Find a new pair of doors and your in buisness.

Blown68Coronet

Nice score!
In the pics the floor pans and engine compartment looks purple or are my eyes decieving me :shruggy:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

white acr

Nice car :drool5: But what with the paint on that trailer ?

bmoparmofo

Very nice, not sure how much you picked it up for but nice save and a very sweet ride! :2thumbs:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

richRTSE

Nice find! Black Chargers rule!!! :2thumbs:

Anders

Congrats! You just cant beat the black charger. The floor looks very solid. Dare I ask how much you paid for that?
68 Charger

BB1

Delete my profile

68RT4ME

Fantastic find. Congratulations on your new ride. Can't wait to see the finished product.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Joshua

Nothing beats a black Charger......just SINISTER.....cool project. :2thumbs:

I'd have to ditch the luggage rack myself, regardless if it was original or not......

PocketThunder

Quote from: Anders on January 17, 2008, 07:56:17 AM
Congrats! You just cant beat the black charger. The floor looks very solid. Dare I ask how much you paid for that?

Probablly more than $20,000.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-SE_W0QQitemZ150202167876QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150202167876

and well worth it IMHO  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

I see the previous owner was asking 8K for the 440-6 engine seperated so maybe he got it for a little less.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 17, 2008, 01:11:14 PM
I see the previous owner was asking 8K for the 440-6 engine seperated so maybe he got it for a little less.

I would have gone that route also.  i can build my own 440 (4 barrel) for way less than 8k.

Did i forget to mention that this car is bad ass!  :coolgleamA:

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2008, 02:34:31 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on January 17, 2008, 01:11:14 PM

I would have gone that route also.  i can build my own 440 (4 barrel) for way less than 8k.

Me too.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto