News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple black 69 R/T SE is home,it was real.....

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 12, 2008, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Hey gang,here is the triple black charger R/T SE that was on e-bay this week,turned out to be as real as they come.There have  always been thoughts running thru my head about changing my B5 R/T white top white stripe to triple black,but never did,and have always  responded to threads about someone asking "what color to paint my charger?", would reply "triple black".Every time I am at Carlisle,or other mopar events and see a 3x black charger,makes me want to go home and break out the sandpaper.Well after today I do not have to run that thought thru my head anymore,as I picked up a very solid ,loaded triple black 69 R/T SE,still wearing its CA black plate.Options such as: air cond,power windows,six way seat,rear defogger,tic-toc tach,AM/FM,power disc brakes,buddy seat,3spd wipers,rocker moldings,luggage rack,stripe delete,and pass side mirror.Very solid car,with the only rust issue being the trunk floor lower pan area( water must have been sitting in there as it is scaly and has some small holes),and the drivers rear 1/4 ,and about a six inch patch will be needed just in front of the valance corner,but done low enough that it will not be seen when trunk is open.Everything else is about as rust free as they come.The only other weird thing that I will have to fix,and cannot beleive someone did this!!!,they grafted in,I think AMC,smooth door handles that I will have remove,patch and put back to original.Interior needs headliner,carpet,front door panels,seat upolstry.Dash is mint,as all the upper door cushions also.Engine compartment and underneath are also beautiful and rust free.Even the e-brake and reg brakes all work fine.The car came with all the A/C stuff ,alot of brand new parts,and matching #'s tranny(no motor though).A couple friends went with me today to help out ,one was board member RT/SE who was also excited because he has a triple black R/T SE 4spd dana stripe delete car,and is amazed that there will be 2 of these 3x9 R/T SE's  less than 2 miles from each other.Here are some pics of the car and the adventure to go get it....

69 OUR/TEA

some more....

Brock Samson

69 OUR/TEA

some more....

69 OUR/TEA

last ones....

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TripleBlackGator

Real nice find but then I'm a bit biased.  :D  Those door handles are what I spied first. I have never seen such a thing done to an otherwise relatively stock car. It surely took some time and talent but of all things to customize that would be last on my list.  What are your plans? Hopefully a stock restoration.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Back N Black

remta1

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

pettyfan43

That thing is in my top 5 of cars I would LOVE to own. 69 Chargers are my favorite year overall - LOVE the grille and taillights.

I miss my 70 R/T S/E - Limelight green w/black trim.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

TruckDriver

Nice car! Too bad they did that to the door handels :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Awesome! That thing really looks to be in good shape. Those door handles look like A$$ for sure but the rest of it sure is clean.

tan top

wow look that them floor pans :yesnod:  , what a awesome charger  :drool5:,  congratulations     :cheers:  good deal    :2thumbs:
why would somebody do that to the door handles though :RantExplode: ....... 
    would love to see more pictures :popcrn: :popcrn: ....... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

Just 6T9 CHGR

Paul, really great news to hear you got it!  I will officially be changing ownership names in the registry!!  Really great find :cheers:

Any chance you found the BS as of yet?   Looks like hood pins were added as well as a few other custom emblems etc... :scope:

PS----check your PM as well....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerSG

Congrats, i want a Trippelblack 69 RT/SE Charger to :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

1969chargerrtse

Wow, that car is awesome.  I have never been a Triple black Charger guy, but after seeing those pictures I can understand why you are.  Unbelievable amount of options.  Can't remember the last time I saw a passenger side mirror?  So happy for you, I'm sure it will end up a museum piece after you're done with it.  What a rare find, and people keep trashing ebay?  Thanks for all the pictures, can't wait to come up see it.  Looks great! :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks alot guys,without a doubt,all original,and don't have to debate the color this time!!!!!!.I was blown away when I saw the door handles :brickwall:.It came with 2 door skin areas around the handle and 2 new door handles.And the placing of more R/T emblems  :shruggy:.Thank God he did'nt hack up the interior,and the very $$$$$$ AM/FM is still in place.To boot,the taillight cover is mint and in place,tailights are real nice,even the chrome bezel on them,and to my suprise the jack was all in place.Can't tell by the pics,but the rims,tires,caps and lugs are also brand new,tires still have the stickers on them.Needless to say,when I looked at this car earlier this week,when the garage door opened I pretty much knew I would be buying,but would not be at ease until it was on my trailor and I was back on the ferry.Thanks again guys

Spike

Love this picture :2thumbs:

As for the door handles, not a big deal, it could have had Lambo doors!!!

That floor board is about as rust free and solid as you are ever going to find, very nice Charger.

firefighter3931

Very Nice !  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Triple black rules.....you did good !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

NYCMille

gtx6970

70charginglizard

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 12, 2008, 10:37:50 PM
nice congrats.. Javelin door handels?!  :smilielol:

Dont you guys know anything.
Thats the super rare  seldom seen M92 Charger B-body handle to AMC handle option....lol
definately want to keep those on there.  :smilielol:

Other than that. You got an totally awesome car there bud. Those floors are unbelievable! :o
70charginglizard

RT/SE

I was with 69 Our/Tea and another friend yesterday to pick up his new Triple Black 69 RT/SE.  What an adventurous day we had.  It was really exciting going out to get the car, loading it up and bringing it back.  We had lots of fun yesterday.  When he first told me about the car, I knew that this was a very special car.  The factory options on this car are unreal.  The fact that it is a factory Triple Black car puts the icing on the cake.  Having seen and inspected the car in person, it is absolutely rock solid.  Whoever ordered this car was not shy about checking off the options sheet.  Putting yourself back in 1969, I'm sure this was a pretty pricey Charger back then.  Paul was very excited yesterday and I am very happy for him since I know that this is his dream car.  I felt the same way when I found my 4 speed Triple Black RT/SE Charger years ago. I had always dreamed of owning a factory black 4 speed Charger. 

I can't wait until both cars are done and they are at a car show.  Just from a historic point of view, I think it will be really cool to see them together.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Gotta tell ya though, my favorite option was that low fuel warning light.  Now that was rare. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

I think I know why he thought there was a low gas warning,the build date on my car is A02,and if you go to Galens book it shows an option code A02 which is low gas warning,but for C bodys only I think.Pretty easy mix up I geuss,if you did'nt know this was a buid date code.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 13, 2008, 03:37:14 PM
I think I know why he thought there was a low gas warning,the build date on my car is A02,and if you go to Galens book it shows an option code A02 which is low gas warning,but for C bodys only I think.Pretty easy mix up I geuss,if you did'nt know this was a buid date code.

That sounds like that would be it.  You forgot to mention that car also had a sport steering wheel, gonna look great with it on.

terrible one

That's definitely an amazing car. Absolutely loaded with options! I don't usually like the luggage racks, but for some reason seeing that one on the triple black combo just looks awesome!  :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

What an awesome score, congrats!! :cheers:

It's odd that being that clean of a car, it was sold minus it's engine. What was the story with that? Was it pulled for a rebuild years ago & eventually lost? Did the previous owner give any leads to the whereabouts of it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 13, 2008, 04:32:16 PM
What an awesome score, congrats!! :cheers:

It's odd that being that clean of a car, it was sold minus it's engine. What was the story with that? Was it pulled for a rebuild years ago & eventually lost? Did the previous owner give any leads to the whereabouts of it?
Original owner told guy I bought from he blew it up years ago.

69 OUR/TEA

Heres another pic of interesting history.......

And on another note,I know the hood pins are definately not original,so they are gone,but as I am talking with Chris about the car,the luggage rack and pass side mirror are not on my tag,if the rack was original I would keep it,but if not it will be coming off,but would be keeping the mirror.

supserdave

Awesome car man! Find a new pair of doors and your in buisness.

Blown68Coronet

Nice score!
In the pics the floor pans and engine compartment looks purple or are my eyes decieving me :shruggy:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

white acr

Nice car :drool5: But what with the paint on that trailer ?

bmoparmofo

Very nice, not sure how much you picked it up for but nice save and a very sweet ride! :2thumbs:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

richRTSE

Nice find! Black Chargers rule!!! :2thumbs:

Anders

Congrats! You just cant beat the black charger. The floor looks very solid. Dare I ask how much you paid for that?
68 Charger

BB1

Delete my profile

68RT4ME

Fantastic find. Congratulations on your new ride. Can't wait to see the finished product.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Joshua

Nothing beats a black Charger......just SINISTER.....cool project. :2thumbs:

I'd have to ditch the luggage rack myself, regardless if it was original or not......

PocketThunder

Quote from: Anders on January 17, 2008, 07:56:17 AM
Congrats! You just cant beat the black charger. The floor looks very solid. Dare I ask how much you paid for that?

Probablly more than $20,000.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-SE_W0QQitemZ150202167876QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150202167876

and well worth it IMHO  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

I see the previous owner was asking 8K for the 440-6 engine seperated so maybe he got it for a little less.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 17, 2008, 01:11:14 PM
I see the previous owner was asking 8K for the 440-6 engine seperated so maybe he got it for a little less.

I would have gone that route also.  i can build my own 440 (4 barrel) for way less than 8k.

Did i forget to mention that this car is bad ass!  :coolgleamA:

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2008, 02:34:31 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on January 17, 2008, 01:11:14 PM

I would have gone that route also.  i can build my own 440 (4 barrel) for way less than 8k.

Me too.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks again guys for the compliments,never thought I would actually land one of these, as a triple black Charger has been my long desire and like I wrote before there were many times I was on the edge  to change my B5 car to trip black,but just could'nt bring myself to do so.Partly because of this forums members  writing about really liking the B5 white top white stripe combo,and the fact that I will soon be starting the body and paint on friend and member "RT/SE" triple black R/T SE 4spd stripe delete car ,so I will always be seeing one anyway.Well,now there will be 2 in our town!
  The begining of the auction had all the red flags of being a scam,but it was fairly close to me,and being what was described,I could not leave a stone unturned!!! After phone  contact,the tone of the conversation assured me it was real,made the trip the next day to see,and the rest was history!!!
   PocketThunder,of course I opted to not take the motor as I can build one for alot less.Actually,I will be searching for a date coded 69 HP block for it.I would choose not to mention what I actually paid for it,not like it matters because beleive me,I have never any intensions on selling this one.I will be keeping the blue car as well.He basically told me the price,it was not negotiable,but I thought it was more than fair for what I was getting.
     Did'nt realy get into the details of how the car came so here goes.......the car you see,matching #'s tranny,brand new redlines,rims,lugs,center caps,new accurate exhaust,new leaf springs,new door , roof rail and trunk gaskets,new door handles,new hood mounted turn signal kit,new mirrors,new buddy seat cover,new hood liner,shocks,complete front end rebuild kit,battery tray kit,the grille all restored,new 8 3/4 posi ,all the orig AC stuff,mint exhaust manifolds,the ORIG intake,jack was all in place as well as the tailight cover.Saw my truck and even thru in a brand new mopar tri fold aluminum cover purchased for a truck he no longer has.He was a very straight forward guy and had a pleasure doing biz with him.Told him my story and he was happy it was going to someone like me,although in his situation he was sad to see it go.
     It's going to be a little while until I can get to it,since you guys like pics,here is it's home for a while.Did'nt realize until I parked it there,I geuss it is not my first black R/T,LOL,on left is our 2000 durango R/T I bought new,BLACK,currently with only 14k miles.My future survivor,LOL !!!!

69charger2002

that is a nice setup there.. man i bet that durango was close to $30k new.. and i just got an 01 for $5400.. so don't bank on that thing for retirement.. DRIVE it!
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69 OUR/TEA

Hey Travis,thanks,actually the sticker on it was $36K.The R/T option brought the price up some.No,don't think it will be worth anything,just wanted to keep it mint,so bought an 03 caravan for the wifes daily driver and w /the kids its easier.

mikesbbody

what a awesome charger  :2thumbs: good score! id get rid of the luggage rack if it were mine  :Twocents:

69charger2002

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 17, 2008, 08:10:21 PM
Hey Travis,thanks,actually the sticker on it was $36K.The R/T option brought the price up some.No,don't think it will be worth anything,just wanted to keep it mint,so bought an 03 caravan for the wifes daily driver and w /the kids its easier.

well i said close to $30k. i'm assuming you got a deal on it and didn't pay sticker?? those R/T's are sweet cruisers..yeah rip up the caravan instead lol.. such a cool triple black 69 R/T.. i think you really scored on that one
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/