News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger question

Started by 2fast4u, October 04, 2005, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

I was wondering if the 70 models had bench seats as well as buckets?  And if they had bench seats.....did they come with headrests like the 69 did on it's bucket seats? 

This picture got me wonderin'
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

69charger2002

some did. i have had chargers from 70 with buckets, bench with no headrests, and bench with headrests.. the bench seats SUCK!  but are pretty comfortable for bench
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

2fast4u

okay...cool!    I wonder if anyone has some pics?

69charger2002

if no one posts tonight, i'll go out in the yard and shoot some tomorrow
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

2fast4u

Shoot....even if someone does post some pics....go ahead and take some pics and post them anyway!

2fast

thanks trav

1968 Charger B5

the bucket seats in the 70s are wicked comfortable
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Chris G.

In 1970 they had 3 different models for the Charger. The "XH" model was the base Charger, which had the bench seat. The "XP" and "XS" Chargers had buckets standard. If you have a couple minutes... http://1970chargerregistry.com/page3.html

2fast4u

Thanks guys....I appreciate all the info and help

2fast

chargervert

I had a 70 Charger,with a bench seat.70 was the first year for a full bench seat in the charger,it had the same headrests that were on the 69 Charger bucket seats.I belive that you could get buckets, with a console,or the fold down arm rest(aka the buddy seat).The Charger SE had leather faced bucket seats.The top sections of the bench folded forward eaqually from left or right to allow entry to the back seat.

DarkAngel0816

I have a 70 Charger that has a bench seat much like the one in the ad there.  While it is comfortable...I may not keep it.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Blakcharger440

Cool, never knew you could order bench seat in a 68-70 Charger!

Ghoste

Just 70.  68 and 69 you could get the buddy seat to go between the buckets and have a simulated bench.

JimShine

Yeah, those base model 1970 Chargers are really stripped down. No upper door pads, no chrome trim on the taillight panel, usually a delete plate for a clock, etc. I thought they were rare at one point, but over the past two years have seen many.

CB

some did come with bench and head rests
look: an XH base model a nice, stock XH code 1970 Charger, F5 blue with stock blue interior complete with original bench seat

cool car...

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

JimShine

I passed this one up twice. Once in the 90's for $9K when it had 8,000 original miles on it, and again a year and a half ago for $14K when it had 9,000 miles on it. The guy that had it in the 90's said it was entirely repainted, the guy who had it last year said it was touched up and the place that just sold it a few months ago claimed it was all stock. The currebt owner stuck R/T logos on it.

charge-it

I offered 16k for that car 4 or 5 years ago and the guy refused. I heard it last sold for over 30k. Is it still in Maine?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

ChargerSG

I have a fake benchseat(buddyseat more used as armrest) in my 70....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

JimShine

Quote from: charge-it on October 09, 2005, 07:30:52 PM
I offered 16k for that car 4 or 5 years ago and the guy refused. I heard it last sold for over 30k. Is it still in Maine?

Interesting. Was it on Paris Hill at that time?  When I first talked to the guy on Paris Hill, he wanted way too much (was it $19K?). I heard from other people over the course of a few months that the price was lowering. Last time I saw the Paris Hill owner, he was talking to Dave, the owner of Town Line Garage and said he was looking to off it and would take the first $14K. Dave passed as he just found a '68 Fury convertable that was more his style and asked me if I was interested. I passed as I didn't like the year, the engine size, and the previous owner told me it was totally repainted.  I wonder how many times it has bounced around the area.. I know when I saw it in the 90's it was a New Hampshire car.

Yeah, it is in Maine still. I believe the guy has a business in the Turner area.

AKcharger

I actually think the bench seat is pretty cool...I mean how often do you see them? Everyone has buckets. Our '72 has an original bench and we decided to keep it, nice for road trips with the wife  ;D

PocketThunder

Quote from: AKcharger on January 16, 2007, 06:34:35 AM
I actually think the bench seat is pretty cool...I mean how often do you see them? Everyone has buckets. Our '72 has an original bench and we decided to keep it, nice for road trips with the wife  ;D

Do you also have tilt steering for head room?   :o :spank:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2005, 10:29:07 AM
Just 70.  68 and 69 you could get the buddy seat to go between the buckets and have a simulated bench.

Buddy seat in '70 as well.  :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

I should have worded that differently.  What I meant was, that the bench was only available in 70 but that for those other two years, if you wanted a bench, you could simulate one by ordering the buddy seat.  Sorry 'bout that.