News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '69 Charger Restoration

Started by justin1987, January 11, 2008, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

Dang!  Looking sweet!  That thing's gonna be blinding in the sunlight  :coolgleamA:

Sixtyeight

Looking very good! Very good choice of color!!!

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

MOPARHOUND!

Gotta love progress!!!!!   :2thumbs:  :drool5:

Time to update the Sig??   :coolgleamA:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

4aThrill

Damn thats a sweet ride  :drool5: whats the interior color gonna be?

BlueSS454

Looks awesome  :2thumbs:.  I have one little suggestion though, leave the car cover off it for a couple weeks.  The paint will be releasing solvents for up to 60 days while it's curing.  You wouldn't want anything to damage that awesome paint job on that car.
Tom Rightler

paironines

justin-- What size are the rear tires on that thing?

Kevin68N71

$3600?  Now that is more like it.  I am tired of hearing people say you need to spend $7,000 to $10,000 to paint a car.

Just because they work slow and do lousy work, I should not have to pay for it.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

Forza

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

six-tee-nine

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 14, 2008, 11:07:56 PM
Atleast that tire didnt "eat" the fender!! that woulda sucked BIG time!!

Lookin good man !!

hell yeah like that tire popped your fender could have looked worse not to talk about the fact of you maybe getting in the ditch faster than you could blink your eyes...

But a lilltle luck always does the trick so it seems.

Anyway the color looks killer and I bet you're a quite happy guy at this time. Get away from behind that computer and get out there leaving black marks on the street  :D :D :D
Dude I'm jaleous
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

supserdave

Brock Samson

wow! yummie car! looks fantastic,.. one question,.. is the tail panel a gloss black?.. looks kinda' shiney there... over all it looks absolutly killer,.. I'm not aware of the mods, though i do see a roll bar,.. what else ya' got goin on there?..  :popcrn:

(on a side note i see cody posted nearly 300 times in a month...  :shruggy:  :scratchchin:  :rotz:  )
*(February 29, 2008, 09:24:49 PM »  "Looks great! What kind of wheels are you putting on it? My 5000th post")
i find that absolutly increadable...

six-tee-nine

I just managed to get at 300 (and 2 at this very moment) in 3 years that is.

So yeah he is bashing several keyboards a year I guess... :smilielol:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Hemidog

twenty mike mike

Beauty! That shade of silver is perfect.  :2thumbs:

justin1987

Quote from: paironines on April 03, 2008, 11:03:02 PM
justin-- What size are the rear tires on that thing?

They are P275/60 R15. The fit is fantastic.

justin1987

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on April 03, 2008, 11:50:36 PM
$3600?  Now that is more like it.  I am tired of hearing people say you need to spend $7,000 to $10,000 to paint a car.

Just because they work slow and do lousy work, I should not have to pay for it.

The $3600 didn't include any metal work. The metal work and part of the body work was done at another place.

justin1987

Quote from: 4aThrill on April 03, 2008, 06:23:37 PM
Damn thats a sweet ride  :drool5: whats the interior color gonna be?

The interior is going to be black. I bought some racing seats to put in the car.

justin1987

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 04, 2008, 10:49:55 AM
wow! yummie car! looks fantastic,.. one question,.. is the tail panel a gloss black?.. looks kinda' shiney there... over all it looks absolutly killer,.. I'm not aware of the mods, though i do see a roll bar,.. what else ya' got goin on there?..  :popcrn:

The tail panel is gloss. It was originally suppose to be Satin black. When I talked to the paint shop they said the closest they had was semi-gloss, but it turned out to be gloss. I really like the gloss though. It was one mistake that turned out for the best.

The car was originally going to be turned into a General Lee so we installed a six-point roll bar. We changed our mind, but decided to keep the roll bar. There aren't to many modifications. My dad and I installed a Hurst shifter and we got racing seats to put in it. It should turn out awesome!

472 R/T SE

It's come a long way from a little over a year ago.  :2thumbs:  I went with black vc's on a motor long time ago, but it was a turquoise motor.  Your hemi orange will have folks doing a double take looking for plug wires.

It's gonna look killer with those period correct Cragars' on it.  Nice job man.  :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

justin1987

Here is another progress update. Over the past couple of weeks we got the front windshield and the back window put back in. We also put all the insulation on the floor. Today we got the heater box and vents back in the car. We also installed the rear speakers and package tray.

69bronzeT5

Looks awesome man. Are you putting the front spoiler on it like the car in your sig?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic