News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

California but kicking

Started by 70charginglizard, January 05, 2008, 06:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

watching the news it looks like mother nature is kicking the crap out of California.

70charginglizard

69_500

Mother nature tends to do that every year to that state doesn't it? I think its the worlds way of pointing out to California that its not all that, or not as big as its ego thinks it is.

TruckDriver

Did you see the levy that broke in a Nevada town, and flooded (I thought they said) 800 homes with up to 4 feet of water! :o
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 70charginglizard on January 05, 2008, 06:10:13 PM
watching the news it looks like mother nature is kicking the crap out of California.

Ha!  I'm down near Los Angeles...    It drizzled here last night for about 7 hours....     not a drop today...    I'm kinda depressed as I was expecting some kick ass storm display....     I mean it wasnt even raining last night...    I managed to go to the beach and go for my 3 mile run... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2008, 08:18:07 PM
Mother nature tends to do that every year to that state doesn't it? I think its the worlds way of pointing out to California that its not all that, or not as big as its ego thinks it is.

SO WHAT? we get a couple of months of bad rain!! at least it doesn't SNOW here!!   ;D AND the rest of the year we have GREAT weather!!  :slap:  what can you beat about THAT??  I think I can endure a few months of rain to get all the rest of the months of hot pants wearing weather? wouldn't you??    :coolgleamA:
oh AND I get to drive my mopar ALL YEAR ROUND!!!!!!   :nana:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

PocketThunder

I wish i could afford to live in Cali.   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TheGhost

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on January 06, 2008, 01:14:35 AM

SO WHAT? we get a couple of months of bad rain!! at least it doesn't SNOW here!!   ;D AND the rest of the year we have GREAT weather!!  :slap:  what can you beat about THAT??  I think I can endure a few months of rain to get all the rest of the months of hot pants wearing weather? wouldn't you??    :coolgleamA:

Doesn't make up for the general holier-than-thou attitude of most hippies, which tend to flock to Cali in droves.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BMOTOXSTAR

The Supercross race in Anaheim Cali yesterday had perfect track conditions despite the weather.
The race re-play is on Speed today, Sunday. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Shakey

I don't think anyone from IN can say too much about the weather in CA.  I do know they see winter in IN and in the late spring and early summer, the threat of tornados is not something that everyone looks forward to - true?

As fars as CA folks telling us how great the weather is - don't forget about the threat of earthquakes and of course we all know that they have five seasons in CA as "wildfire season" is considered an annual threat isn't it?  And BTW, it does snow in CA - just not everywhere in CA.

Brock Samson

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37437.0.html

note the date.  :nana:

BTW:

"Hater"  Def:

Someone who is enraged by evidence of another's success and as a result has to try to one up the successful person or simply put the successful person down. Hating is much more than just being jealous of the person who has done well. The hater would find much satisfaction in seeing some form of misfortune come to that person.

Haters may also simply find satisfaction in someone else's misfortune. When a friend falls off a bicycle and lands in the sewer for instance, it is a normal reaction to laugh at the situation. However, a hater will respond slightly differently by laughing at the person in a ridiculing manner.

Haters have a special link to one another and they tend to fuel each others hate by hating in groups. It may be a form of stress relief or something entirely different but they do seem to become happy from the escalation of hate for a person that arises in these groups.

Haters generally tend to hate people who are doing well even more so - racists excluded - if they are closer or more similar to them or of a similar social class.

When Jesus talked about prophets not being welcome in their own home town, he was probably talking about the haters.

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: Shakey on January 06, 2008, 12:06:46 PM

I don't think anyone from IN can say too much about the weather in CA.  I do know they see winter in IN and in the late spring and early summer, the threat of tornados is not something that everyone looks forward to - true?

As fars as CA folks telling us how great the weather is - don't forget about the threat of earthquakes and of course we all know that they have five seasons in CA as "wildfire season" is considered an annual threat isn't it?  And BTW, it does snow in CA - just not everywhere in CA.

you are correct I am sorry I just have to be lucky enough to live in the part of california that DOESN'T snow!! and as far as earthquakes go? I would rather has an earthquake than a tornado anyday!! I have lived through SEVERAL rather larger ones and I am still standing and so is my house!! so I will take our great weather, our weird hippies (who mind you stay to themselves!!) and our earthquakes!! oh and our great beaches!! any day over living in the snow!!   :yesnod:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

hemihead

Maybe it will give the Liberal Tree Huggers in Cali something else to worry about other than anti war protesting .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69_500

Your right it does snow here in Indiana, and yeah we have tornado's, and we have 4 seasons, spring, summer, fall, and winter. Whats wrong with that? Aren't you supposed to have 4 seasons? And hey you can drive a classic muscle car here year round if you want to. Had the 69 500 out for a drive today, and its the middle of the winter, or at least in the start of it.

To be quite honest the best place I've ever been to to live as far as the weather is concerned is Thailand. 2 seasons in Thailand, HOT, and 1 not so hot. They think it gets cold in ther northern part of the country if it gets down to 40 at night, but then it will be right back up to 75-80 in the same day. In the months of March-early May it gets to around 110. Rains for about 2 1/2 months out of the year, but each day there is plenty of time to get out and do whatever. No tornado's, No snow in recorded history of the country, had 2 earthquakes in the 8 years I was there, neither one of any significance. Great beaches in the southern part of the country, and beautiful mountains in the north.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 06, 2008, 02:32:21 AM
The Supercross race in Anaheim Cali yesterday had perfect track conditions despite the weather.

Perfect track conditions...hell, I go dirt biking in all weather except snow and hail :lol:. I was in Vancouver and they got pounded big time by wind. Atleast 120kph winds.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

I've lived and traveled all over the US and am now in Las Vegas.  How long, I don't know.  I was born and raised in Ca. and have to say the biggest threat would be fires.  I've seen the damage from tornado's in Kentucky and Tennessee in the 11 months we were there. We had warnings 3 different times.  :eek2: I too would take an earthquake over a tornado any day.  Tornado's far outway injuries, death and damage annually than earthquakes do.  Every state has it's good and bad but people from other states keep thinking that the ground is always shaking in Ca.  :rotz: In the 28-30 years I lived in Ca. I only felt 2 earthquakes.  :shruggy:  My biggest fear was fires and check this out, MOST THE FORREST FIRES STARTED UP IN THE HILLS WERE FROM PEOPLE CAMPING FROM OTHER STATES.  :rotz: At least the ones up by us.  Until you live (not visit) in a state you really can't say how bad it is.   :slap:   Chuck.....P.S. I'm no tree hugger. I used to cut trees for firewood. :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

We live up here in the Seattle area of Washington State...everyone says it always rains here...bunch of crap!

There are other cities in the U.S. that get more rain than us....I'm happy here.....

Bryan  (besides, 10,000,000 slugs can't be wrong!)

440charger68

I just got the wipers and heater fixed in my charger, so i say BRING IT ON MOTHER NATURE! :icon_smile_big:
life's a garden, dig it.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: A383Wing on January 06, 2008, 11:54:39 PM
We live up here in the Seattle area of Washington State...everyone says it always rains here...bunch of crap!

Agreed. I posted some outdoor model car pictures on the site back in April. People thought I was lying when I said they were taken the same day (in April). They thought they were taken in Summer. They couldnt believe the nice sunny weather we get here in the spring. Although, this summer was weird. It was really hot for a week, was beautiful halfway through our houseboating trip, then poured big time and it rained for along time after that (even when my Charger got stolen in July), it was raining then too. Although, I got alot of good quality sunny shots of the Charger in the summer. Honestley, I love it here. No tornados, no hurricanes, little earthquakes, mild winters with a few snowfalls, nice mild spring, pretty damn good summers...I love it! :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Big Lebowski

Yep, just got back from a week on Palomar mountain 6100 ft. We had 12" of rain in one night then a couple of inches of snow after that. It really was fun in the snow.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

70charginglizard

Quote from: A383Wing on January 06, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

There are other cities in the U.S. that get more rain than us....I'm happy here.....

Bryan  (besides, 10,000,000 slugs can't be wrong!)

Right on Bryan.  :cheers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkDE_AkZ5Y&feature=related

70charginglizard

Ponch ®

LOL @ Buttkicking.

We had some rain (which was much needed, by the way). Today it's sunny and in the upper 70's. Last night I went on a cruise and meet n greet with the LX Club, and today I was out and about working on my Charger. In January. How do you haters like them apples? buttkicking...hah!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

73chgrSE

Atlanta Ga.  65 and sunny in mid Jan. Need I say more?