News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power steering cooler hookup

Started by astat1, January 10, 2008, 11:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astat1

Does anyone have either a photo or diagram showing the correct routing for the P/S cooler hose hookup? Thanks

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry I couldn't find any close up pics...  Hose is 11/32" PS hose held with red clamps.  Bill Allphin has the correct stuff www.amhightechauto.com
The second pic I made a diagram....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

What keeps that cooler in position.  It looks like it would just flop around.  I hear these are pretty elusive.  Has anyone ever tried to see if this same piece was used on other cars?  Or could be sourced new somewhere? 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 11, 2008, 07:13:38 PM
What keeps that cooler in position.  It looks like it would just flop around.  I hear these are pretty elusive.  Has anyone ever tried to see if this same piece was used on other cars?  Or could be sourced new somewhere? 

There are a few different variations of the PS cooler.  The cheaper & more readily available ones are from 80's cop cars.   The cooler & fin's portion are the same as the correct 69-71 that I have,  but the bracket & line configurations are different.

The cooler is bolted to the back of the PS pump.....  see pic
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Appreciate the additional picture.  Doubt I will ever find one of these but will be keeping a lookout anyway.