News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door handle claim I've never heard until now

Started by bull, January 10, 2008, 04:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Welp, I guess I'm sold. I'll be ordering a pair of these before long for mine. :yesnod:
Thanks for the good info, guys.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: QuicksilverDiecast on January 10, 2008, 01:19:39 PM
Well I was invited to join your awesome forum and asked to respond to this question. First off my name is Larry Curtis and I have 36 years experience with Mopar Parts, and RAN Frederick Dodge's parts for many years(I am no longer associated with them) so I know both sides. The handles that Mopar sells are superceded handles  in 2 different styles one is the B&D series van and truck handle with the NON ball mount linkage mechanisms, the other one has the correct passenger car ball mount linkage mechanisms HOWEVER neither one is correct in fitment for passenger cars, while they will bolt on if you look underneath where the chrome handle body pushbuttom area you will notice quite a bit of a gap where it will not snug up against the sheetmetal unless of course you force it then you will mess up your door skin and the handle will angle downward. Again as I have stated we at Dale's Cuda Shop are the only one who reproduce the CORRECT FITMENT and Ball linkage mechanism outside door handles for A & 68-70 B & C & even the E Bodies(we do not offer 66+67 B Handles yet,I am trying but Dale is tuff at times trying to convince there is a big market for 66 & 67 items.... plus a ton more stuff, we are the manufacturer and supply many vendors like Year One but we are also selling direct thru ebay seller quicksilverdiecast  and www.quicksilverdiecast.com , which is far from being loaded with the products and also has an extensive historical picture area which I have still many more photos and Mopar related neat stuff  to put up, as well as pictures of my cars and friends cars. I wish I had enough hours in the day and do not usually get the forums often as you guys keep us very busy just keeping the parts flowing. We are also continually getting new reproductions made and will be posting them on those two sites above....a side note on the 68 69 70 B handles while the 68 to mid year 69 handle had black plastic pushbuttons we only have the chrome ones, but you can replace the chrome with your original black ones OR if you choose you could powdercoat the chrome ones black...

Thanks again from Larry Curtis / Dale's Cuda Shop

Pretty cool of you to take the time to stop by, introduce youself and share your knowledge with us!   :2thumbs:

Stick around as I think it's great to have vendors involved in our discussions.   :cheers:

resq302

As I have said to Mike from BE&A body, thank you for reproing parts with an attention to details.  Anyone can repro a part, but vendors that take the extra time to make it "correct" will always get my business no matter how much more the part is over the incorrect fitting pieces.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

QuicksilverDiecast

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2008, 04:53:08 PM
I'm 99% sure that Frank hasn't sold out as I just bought a part from him 2 days ago. Side note of course.

Nice looking Daytona in your avitar there quicksilver. Is that the other 999 car?
Yes sir it is it was originally a 999 special order paint Tan metallic with brown bucket seat interior, 440 automatic, it is also the car on the HEMI poster with the Orange Superbird setting next to it on the high bank track, it was Kenny's when that picture was taken. The car still exsists and I believe is still in North Canton Ohio along side of another Red Daytona and a Red 69 500 and a 300G Convert as I remember. I drove it back from N.Carolina and still have the 200 MPH license plate. Sometime this year I hope to put another Superbird in my garage, nothing exotic just a nice clean driver to enjoy, maybe track down the Orange one I had.

QuicksilverDiecast

Pretty cool of you to take the time to stop by, introduce youself and share your knowledge with us!   :2thumbs:

Stick around as I think it's great to have vendors involved in our discussions.   :cheers:

I will drop by as often as possible, thanks for your kind words and the welcome you guys have extended is appreciated.

Here's a shot of my Mark Martin GENUINE I.R.O.C. Avenger and 2K Avenger

daytonalo

Why do you have a park bench on your hatch ??

QuicksilverDiecast

Quote from: daytonalo on January 12, 2008, 10:00:54 AM
Why do you have a park bench on your hatch ??
Yeah I kinda figure I would get some flack with my :hah: 2nr'd Avenger, I also enjoy the new turbo technology :2thumbs: generation cars and still MOPAR, but hey The Daytona Charger was the first to put the clothes dryer assy :icon_smile_big: on the rear of the cars, I used to get a lotta flack over them also, and the "hey why did you put a Vette front end on your Road Runner!" then you had the guys who put Superbird wings on their RR's & GTX's as well as the huge PLYMOUTH & DODGE letter on the quarters....so it has its roots in a twisted sorta way I guess.

My 69 RR I have owned for 30+years

daytonalo

Thought maybe you bought the car from Puff Daddy !!! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I've got the HEMI poster you mentioned hanging up in my garage. Then again I have 3 other copies of it still rolled up that haven't ever been out. The HEMI 500 that is on the poster was my dad's car.

daytonalo

Well I just test fit the handles I bought a year ago , what a piece of shit !!!! Thanks for the tip !!!

bull

I might rechrome my original handles too. I got a pretty good quote ($55 each) to have mine replated locally. Are they pot metal or stamped or what? They don't really seem like pot metal to me.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to talk Larry into a group buy/dc.com discount. :2thumbs: If you've seen the ebay ads section lately you are probably well-versed in all his products. :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on January 14, 2008, 07:31:53 PM

Meanwhile, I'm trying to talk Larry into a group buy/dc.com discount. :2thumbs:
That would be schweet! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68charger383

I got mine rechromed after reading the posts on the repops...looks pretty good, but I can still see the spots on the handle where it was a little pitted if I get down close.

I guess if the claims are true, I'd be interested in buying another set if we get a group buy going.

How come no one is repopping the black door push buttons?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Sounds like Larry might do something this spring. :2thumbs:

8WHEELER

Quote from: 68charger383 on January 16, 2008, 01:19:22 AM
I got mine rechromed after reading the posts on the repops...looks pretty good, but I can still see the spots on the handle where it was a little pitted if I get down close.

I guess if the claims are true, I'd be interested in buying another set if we get a group buy going.

That is to bad that you can see some small pits, I have had two sets re-chromed at our big chrome
shops in town, and both sets came out looking better than the NOS units I have bought, just sweet   ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 16, 2008, 02:59:52 AM
Quote from: 68charger383 on January 16, 2008, 01:19:22 AM

That is to bad that you can see some small pits, I have had two sets re-chromed at our big chrome
shops in town, and both sets came out looking better than the NOS units I have bought, just sweet   ;D

Dan

Same here!