News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is a non M/W 413 & push button 727 worth anything ?

Started by rav440, January 09, 2008, 05:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

I didnt think push button 727's had a PARK feature?!

Todd

Steve P.

Todd, are you referring to the drum brake or the 727 not having a 2nd cable??

The pics of the tranny Randy posted for me are a 65' small block 727 with 2 cable shift.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

John_Kunkel

The brake drum on the rear is common to large trucks and motorhomes, the one pictured could be a later lever-shifted unit with an external cable.

In '62 the full sized cars (Chrysler, Dodge 880) had an internal cable shifted 727 with the same drum; all other '62-'65 internal cable shifted units had a park mechanism operated by a second cable.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 13, 2008, 05:34:23 AM

The brake drum on the rear is common to large trucks and motorhomes, the one pictured could be a later lever-shifted unit with an external cable.

In '62 the full sized cars (Chrysler, Dodge 880) had an internal cable shifted 727 with the same drum; all other '62-'65 internal cable shifted units had a park mechanism operated by a second cable.

On the 62's the park brake was actually the drum on the end? My friend has as 62 Newport and I dont remember it having a PARK button but its been a while since I was in the car as its tore apart going thru restoration.  The 62-65's had a internal park mechanism like the newer 727's or was it a different setup?

Todd

Steve P.

Quote from: rav440 on January 10, 2008, 09:26:05 PM

In the first pic. you can see where the ( R-N-D-2-1) cable goes into the case.

In the second pic. you can see the PARK cable going in just in front of the tranny mount. This is a 65' small block 727...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida