News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm 17 and I just got my first project car, a 72' Charger. What do you think?

Started by shaner33, October 04, 2005, 05:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaner33

I just recently got a 72' charger that I am getting ready to restore.  I have some idea of what I want to do to her, but I would love to hear some suggestions from some other Charger fans.

twilt

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  i love it. looks like a real solid project car.  The flat black rattle can paint job makes the car look virtually identical to one of my 72`s  ;D 

Charger_Fan

I agree, it looks like a great car!
Is the rest of the interior in the same shape as that back seat shot?

Looks like you'll need a heater core if you plan on driving in the winter. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ghoste

It's good to see teenagers into these cars.  Don't get frustrated and get rid if it now that you have one.  Stay focused and work on one part at a time.

ramit

Looks like a great car to start with.  Do you have more pics of the interior?  It is pretty cool to see a 17 year old in to these cars, all of the teens here are driving ricers.

NHCharger

Looks like a great starting point. 3rd gens are my favorite. You have very good taste in Chargers :yesnod: :yesnod:
Interior looks pretty sweet. Have you checked for rust or any mechanical problems yet?

As far as suggestions on what to do.
DON'T DO THIS :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69charger2002

yep, i also think you did real good. car looks great. let us know what you decide, and as always post pics as you go
trav
by the way it is GREAT to see more and more 17 year odl types into chargers. i love it
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

DFS68_Charger

Nice  :2thumbs:

I had  a small block 72 Charger some time ago.
Wish I still had her.

Good luck with the project.

DFS

Khyron

Happy 17th birthday and great choice for a first project car!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the above statements, stay focus, spend money, and when you get aggravated with something... just walk away and come back when your head cools off.

that’s the only advice I can give that’s worth a poopie
;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

looks like a great starting point, post the fender tag and any other details ya got,.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  :icon_smile_wink:

Nupe

Nice score!   Is it an SE???   Always like those tail lights... kinda look like a Challenger's tails.   :icon_smile_cool:

What are the options?   Was it an AC car judging from the extra holes by the heater core???

'79 Lil'Red Express.

MoparYoungGun

BigBlackDodge

Schweet!

.............and my favorite color too.................flat black! ;D

BBD

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on October 04, 2005, 06:28:22 PM
It's good to see teenagers into these cars.   Don't get frustrated and get rid if it now that you have one.   Stay focused and work on one part at a time.
:iagree: :2thumbs:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions even if they sound stupid. I thought I knew a lot about Chargers til I joined here. I learned you never know it all. AND, don't do a rush job. Quality takes time, even if it's longer then you might want ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

shaner33

When I put the Vin Number into a Decoder i got off the internet, it registered as a 2 door coupe, but it has the hideway lights.  Also the previous owner put the Rallye dash in it as well.  Those are Rallye wheels on it also.  Originally it did have factory AC but it is obviously missing right now.  The front interior isn't in quite as good condition as the back, but not horrible.  Has far as rust goes, it has a little bit like any older car does, unless you are extremely lucky.

Brock Samson

Did ya' see this pic from the thread on Pg. two (now)?... TTs on a 72?.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3736.0;id=6258;image

?  ?i think that's about as nice a shot of a 3rd Gen. I've ever seen...
? What color was yours, and what do ya want it to be?.. ? :)

1968 Charger B5

yea looks like a great starting point, hey man feel great for ya, when i was 16 and was jsut getting my license my father got a 75 monaco for me with the 360 in it, it was sick, i only sold it to get my now duster......careful though friend dodge fever is really a serious disease......lol    heres a pic of  a third gen i love
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopar440+6

That is a great project car!  :2thumbs:  I wish my Charger was in that nice of shape! Im only 19 so Im not all that far ahead of you. Its great to see more young guys getting into classic Mopars (especially Chargers ;) ). The only advice I can give you is NEVER get discouraged and get on here as much as possible. Ask lots of questions and read the tech archives till you feel like your eyes are going to fall out. Good luck and keep us updated!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"