News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

255-60-15s up front on a '67?

Started by 471_Magnum, January 08, 2008, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

Got a buddy interested in buying my Rallyes. He wants to put them on a '67 Charger.

Tires are 255-60-15's on all four corners. I know the rears won't be a problem.

I'm running them on my '71 GTX with a slight rub at full lock in the inside rear of the front tires.

Should he expect any different on his '67?

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have them on my 69 with no issues :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I have 225/70-15's on the front of mine and they can rub just slightly (at the back) with it to the locks and under the right cornering adventure.

Big Sugar

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 08, 2008, 01:02:53 PM
Got a buddy interested in buying my Rallyes. He wants to put them on a '67 Charger.

Tires are 255-60-15's on all four corners. I know the rears won't be a problem.

I'm running them on my '71 GTX with a slight rub at full lock in the inside rear of the front tires.

Should he expect any different on his '67?

I'll check again but I'm pretty sure thats what I'm running on my 66 Charger. and I'm not having any trouble with clearances.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

As an aside, shouldn't you be keeping the Rallyes on that GTX if it's for sale?  Isn't it like a super original as it was built by the numbers kind of car?

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2008, 05:50:45 AM
As an aside, shouldn't you be keeping the Rallyes on that GTX if it's for sale? Isn't it like a super original as it was built by the numbers kind of car?

Yeah... right... NO. Rallyes look lame (on this car anyway). They aren't "numbers matching" anyway.

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

I don't mind the Rallye's on them at all myself but since I'm not offering to buy the car it doesn't matter what I think.
I was under the impression it was a restored to the broadcast sheet sort of a car though.

471_Magnum

The car has numerous deviations from the fender tag. No broadcast sheet.

The longer it stays in may garage, the more deviations it will be subjected to... strictly bolt-on though.

Here's what it will probably be getting in place of the Rallyes:

They will be 15-inchers

Big Sugar

Those rims will look very nice on your 1st gen.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

He doesn't have one and after witnessing many of my "cuss out the car" moments firsthand, I'm not sure I could ever get him to even consider joining the club.  Not for love or money Big Suggie.

471_Magnum

Now I'm thinking 17" Telstars might be thee way to go.