News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by dads_69, January 12, 2008, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

dodgecharger-fan

RECHRGD

Hi Mark--- You'll be a neighbor of mine !, cool !!!!  I live about twenty miles north of Spokane near the huge city of Elk.  I think you'll do well in this area.  The car hobby is big around here and plenty of shows every weekend for you to start getting your name out there.  We bought our place with 45 wooded acres 15 years ago for what would have been a small down payment on a condo from where we moved from (Hawaii).  Prices have been going up like crazy the last few years, but the market now seems to be correcting itself some.  It should be a good buyers market for awhile.  What made you decide on Spokane?   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Yeah, I would never live without some land around me again.  Snow happens here but is usually in managable amounts.  We've had over 40" so far this year but there's only about a foot left out there now.  Some years we can really get dumped on, but the normal is about 50" a season and it doesn't stick around too long.  I found out last year that there is a guy just about 5 miles from me that is a mopar guy and does dash and grill restorations.  In fact, he's doing my dash cluster now.  I think his web site is gcar.com .  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

bull

Spokane is not the most scenic part of the world IMO but it looks better than Iraq. The good news is that you won't have to pay income tax but the bad news is you're not close enough to the Oregon border to do much sales tax-free buying like those pirates in Vancouver, right Mike? :nana:

Mark, just get lots of acres and lots of shop. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find something already built that suits your needs.

bull

Quote from: dads_69 on January 13, 2008, 03:04:14 AM
Thanks Curtis, my cousin has found several homes w/shops already for us. Wife is not ready though to move. But, if the right place came along, then we may try and buy and lease it till we get there through property manager company. I wish we were ready today vs later. It's cold here, and my garage is to small now. I could go on, but it wouldn't do me any good, ha-ha. Spokane isn't the warmest part of the state, but the winters are not like they are here at least. I have been looking at prefab buildings. 30x60 40x80. I've been in shops that size here, they seam big enough, but they never are when it comes down to it. 80x100 would be a good starter.

Mark

I think we had a 40x60 shop in Eastern Oregon when I was a kid. For some reason that sounds small compared to the way I remember it but it was pretty tall too, and I wasn't. :scratchchin: My dad could back his loaded logging truck inside it and close the door. We had that, a double wide, about 8 cows, five acres and a view like this (we lived about four miles from where this picture was taken):

RECHRGD

Quote from: dads_69 on January 12, 2008, 07:58:38 PM
Do you know anything about Mike Booker Automotive in Davenport,WA.? I hear they do the same work, but more over head as well for them from what I've heard vs. what I plan on doing.
We've done a lot of research about the area, weather, crime, schools ect...

Mark

Mark, I have not been in the market for that kind of work for a long time and I'm not familiar with Mike Booker Automotive.  Sorry.  If your after acreage are you looking in any particular area of Spokane County?   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Well, when you're young you can do anything.  I'm an old fart now and can't imagine moving again, but we did it plenty when we were young with little kids.  Be sure you find a way to visit the area before signing papers.  I know your cousin is probably looking out for you, but you need to be sure that the property and area feels right to you before committing to anything.  Good Luck.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32