News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate to burst the new chally lovers out there,but

Started by 70_charger, January 17, 2008, 05:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70_charger

I hate to burst the new chally lovers out there,but here is the Cuda concept I have more pics of it to

694spdRT

I have seen pics of that before and it is very nice.....if it ever becomes more than a concept it would be killer.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Fitz73Chrgr

That car is in the new Mopar Action.  Its not an actual concept, just a car that some rich guy payed alot of money to have built for him.  Don't get me wrong, its a very cool car. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Magnumcharger

You know, it's not a bad looking car.
However, if it were to ever make it into production, I would hope that it would lose the following design elements:
1. The Oldsmobile Cutlass/early Camaro- styled wheel openings. Make them the traditional squared shape that was found on all of the Muscle Mopars of the 60's and 70's.
2. The Mustang -styled Gas cap in the rear trunk panel. Put the license plate there, and maybe put the chromed "fuel" gas cap on the side (like the 67-69's)
3. The squared off front bumper. Should be more pointed, similar to the elastomeric 70 - 71 style bumpers.

Otherwise, it's a great effort. :2thumbs:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Mike DC

I totally agree about the squared-off wheelwell suggestion.  It's one thing I really wish they would get right on the next Charger restyle. 

But I'm not optimistic.  Aerodynamics and a lack of suspension clearance in the fenderwells really demand the round ones. 

Charger_Fan

Personally, I like the looks of the Chally better.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

I believe that car will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 17, 2008, 07:29:49 PM
I believe that car will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson too.

I thought I seen it on BJ's everytime they went to an advertse last night you could see it when it showed a view of the field
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

I'll be happy when the Barrett-Jackson auction is gone from this earth. 

Half these cars are practically guaranteed big press coverage & sale figures before they're even built.  That's just not how the car hobby should operate.  A builder shouldn't be able to do a rough colored-pencil sketch of an idea and then already be able to start ballparking its B-J sales price. 

hemihead

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 18, 2008, 07:31:44 AM

I'll be happy when the Barrett-Jackson auction is gone from this earth. 

Half these cars are practically guaranteed big press coverage & sale figures before they're even built.  That's just not how the car hobby should operate.  A builder shouldn't be able to do a rough colored-pencil sketch of an idea and then already be able to start ballparking its B-J sales price. 

I agree . It's like the Polo crowd going to hang out at a Rodeo . BJ is just a fab for the rich .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

snooter

bareret jackson is pathetic...i watch 10 minutes every year on speed channel and my 10 minutes are now used up...barrett jackson is hardly without critiscism....they just fired an employee on the spot for saying the muscle car craze has peaked...its a scam and thats all it is....

Ghoste

They fired him on national television?  That seems kind of desparate to me.

snooter

go up top and read the posts..it did occur last year  craig jackson was caught using shill bidders on his cars he placed in the auction to drive up costs on he other 20 cars sitting in the corral..he bought his own car back in order to drive up bids..yes he fire people for stating the muscle car market was an out of control bubble

pettyfan43

I still like the Challenger better, I don't care for the grille or wheelwell treatment on that cuda.

Steve P.

I wouldn't kick it out of my garage........  I like it.   I like the idea of it.   I want to see it happen.....  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida