News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NGK plugs

Started by greenrt_se, October 17, 2005, 10:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

Whitch NGK plugs you (if anybody) use whit 440 and edelbrock 84cc head around 10-10,5:1 compression ratio

firefighter3931

Green RT,

The plugs you want are ngk # bcp6es. The resister plug is bcpr6es. That is the right heat range for a pump gas 440.  :yesnod:

Ron 

Ps. The resister plugs are for noise suppression on your car stereo  :musik010:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenrt_se

thanks FF ,right now I have ngk # bkr5es  in motor

Chryco Psycho

I don`t use NGK , they foul too easily
just tried a set of the HD Champion truck plugs .... 4179 maybe ? Similar to the RC14YC

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenrt_se on October 17, 2005, 01:01:54 PM
thanks FF ,right now I have ngk # bkr5es   in motor

The 5 series plugs are too hot for your application. This could be contributing to your overheating problem....give the 6's a try. That motor should run fine on 94 octane.....if 94 is available, use it.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenrt_se

we have here 93 and 98 octane gasoline

firefighter3931

Try it on 93 octane then....if it doesn't ping (and it shouldn't) keep using it. Mine ran fine with 93 unleaded when it was on he dyno. Some motors run worse when there's more octane than they need.   ;)

Ron

kamkuda

Octane is a rating of how quickly the fuel burns. The higher the rating, the slower and more controlled the fuel burns. As FF stated, a higher rating may hurt performance. :o