News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im the owner of another Charger, tell me what you think. Lots of pictures :)

Started by 2Gunz, October 03, 2005, 12:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

I posted awhile back about a Charger I found.  I was wondering if I should buy it or not.

I did and its here.  My old post.........

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2309.0.html

I picked it up for $3500 delivered to my door.

Its an original 383 and was Light Green Poly in color. It appears to have factory air in it, and disc brakes with booster. Is that possible?

The engine that came with it is believed to be long gone. It does have an engine with it, which I think is a 440.  I have the block and head numbers if somebody could help me out with that.  Engine block ID# is 2468130-12 LL and the heads have an ID# of 2849808-1 and 2843906-7.

The car is VERY solid and only has a few small holes in it.  The under side is almost perfect with minor surface rust in some places.

Anyway let me know what ya think  :)

2Gunz

More  :)

2Gunz

And more

2Gunz

The end  :)

2Gunz

Brock Samson

well,. It looks tired but fixable..What's up with the reverse spring arch in the last photo?..  :P

2Gunz

Somebody in their wisdom added a drop leaf spring shackle (for lack of a better term) to the rear of the springs. Kinda like you would see on a lifted pickup truck.  Why?  Not a clue.

On a side note Im trying to add front door speakers to my 69 Charger.  Im looking for a Flush mount speaker grill covers that looks look it could almost belong to the car.  I want front speakers but dont want it to stand out, plus I need it to be low profile so that the window handles can be turned.  The idea that I have is that the speakers will be mounter to the inide of the door so that they will be flush with the door panel.

Any ideas?

Brock Samson

i couldn't get enuff depth to mount them flush in my car, ended up with broken speaker grill too,...
i don't know of any fixes to that problem. just to have untouched kick panels in reserve.. what's your plans for the '68?.. colors, options and  :yesnod: of  course,..  Motivation?..

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

2Gunz

I made another post about my speakers  :)

its here...  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3747.0.html

As far as the 68. I really dont have a clue so far.  I guess Black on Black, with a 440 and everything else stock.

I wasnt looking or even interested in a 68 charger. It kinda found me. To be honest the only reason I bought it I didnt want to
wake up in 5 years and kick myself for not getting it.  At this point I think Im going to store it.

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

I think you did good.  If they had cleaned the dead leaves off and shot the whole car in one color of primer, it would easily have gone for more money.  And yes, it could have air and disc brakes with booster.

bull

ChgrSteve67

2468130-12 LL

Is a 383 Big Block
You should aslo be able to see markings on the block next to the distributer that will tell you what year it is like B383 is a 1967 383, C383 is a 1968 383, E383 is a 1969 383 and so on.

ChgrSteve67

Also, If the block is a 1969 or newer the block will have a VIN number at the bottom of the block by the motor mount on the passenger side just above the oil pan.
Check this VIN against your cars VIN to see if its the original block.
If it doesn't match dump the VIN # into a VIN decoder and see what vehicle it came out of.

Sorry I can't help with the Head Castings.

Here are some before and after pics of my 383 I just rebuilt.

Charger_Fan

I swear I've pics of that 68 somewhere before. :ahum:

Anyway that's a nice score, I'd say. Congrats!! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Good score, was it a 383 HP or 2 barrel Charger?

Cuda Ken
I am back

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger Aficionado

2Gunz

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 2Gunz on October 04, 2005, 04:18:48 PM
Flat rattle can black....... now there is an idea.

There is a dude on here that worked on the set and knows where to get the hoods...  heh...