News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body lining is so freaking easy (Hilarious simple)

Started by mister bungle, January 03, 2008, 03:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mister bungle

If i only knew it was that simple, i would have save allot of time while doing the charger...   (see video)

http://www.livevideo.com/media/playvideo_fs.aspx?fs=1&cid=F4B5854611D141AFA19359F36DCDC74F
Born with the right heart in the wrong continent

moparstuart

you would be amazed ,I have a buddy who works at the ford truck plant here in KC . He has a whole bunch of nylon wedges & wood wedges , He uses to adjust doors and gaps and panel fit . Just like in your video .

stuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lowprofile

Looks like Borat and his fellow countrymen are doing a fine job.  :eek2:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

PocketThunder

Killer Mullet dude!!!!!  (where's the mullet smiley? )
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

I love the drop kick, grille & hood adjustments.   :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant

Those things make the Vega & Pinto look like a Bently with fit & finish.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charged

Quote from: moparstuart on January 03, 2008, 03:40:03 PM
nylon wedges & wood wedges

How does the paint not chip off the cornors when they do that? And also...wouldent it bend the edge in, where that wedge is located?

NHCharger

Wow, just in time. I'm installing new door hinges on my 72 Charger and needed a few pointers on lining up my doors :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dave22443

I replaced the drivers side door hinge pins on my '68 and no matter what I did, I couldn't get the door to line up and close just right.  I took it to my paint guy and let him look at it.  He opened the door, eyeballed it a couple of times, grabbed a floor jack with a rag over it and stuck it under the end of the opened door.  A couple of quick pumps of the jack and the door was working perfectly!  (And has ever since!)

I mean really, when you think about, its only sheet metal.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mike DC

Just don't tell the chalkmark restoration crowd that these cars were built mostly by hand on 20th-century blue-collar assembly lines. 

RD

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 03, 2008, 10:16:54 PM
Just don't tell the chalkmark restoration crowd that these cars were built mostly by hand on 20th-century blue-collar assembly lines. 

:smilielol: :smilielol:  man, they would have their underwear sticking halfway up there a55 if they knew that  :scratchchin:  hmmm... that could be fun to watch

so much for "german" engineering hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

70charginglizard

Yep, Nothing like a few good wacks and swift kicks to the grill to get yourself some perfect alignments.

It's the Al bundy way.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

Arthu®

Quote from: Charged on January 03, 2008, 08:24:34 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 03, 2008, 03:40:03 PM
nylon wedges & wood wedges

How does the paint not chip off the cornors when they do that? And also...wouldent it bend the edge in, where that wedge is located?

Because I don't think it's actually paint just colored duroplast with a steel frame inside it. I worked on one once, they are not all that bad for what you pay for them. You can get them for pratically nothing, so don't expect anything. Beware of damaged once though, I saw one once that had had previous damage but the damage wasn't repared well so the inner structure started to rust. Not a pretty sight, when some of the Duroplast was cut away you could see there was basically no frame left inside the shell. They are however cheap and easy cars to work on.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

400/6/PAC

Now I know how to do it.
Bigger hammer and some steel toe boots. :smilielol:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img