News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody tried this

Started by dukeboy_318, December 30, 2007, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

just wondering if anyone had used the spray booth coating on their vehicle parts they didnt want paint antoher color, just saw it on horsepower tv on spike  and since those guys seem to be just a 30 minute infomercial, id thought id ask, seems iffy too me.  :shruggy:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

restoman

Yep, we use it frequently to protect chassis and engine components during a respray. Basically, it's spayable soap that washes off with water.
Spray Mask is the generic term for it.

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

restoman

Very easy, just pour it into a spray gun and go.
Mask off everything that you don't want covered with soap, set the gun to around 25 psi or so and spray away.
Several words of caution - most spray mask is for overspray only and is not intended for direct paint spray, use a 6 inch paper border next to where you're spray painting.
make sure there is no spray mask overspray on where you want to paint, if there is, use a wet cloth and remove it.
if you spray your engine compartment with it, wash it off before running the engine. Heat plus soap is not a good thing.
wash the spray gun out after using it, it tends to sometimes get gummy. Regular water and rinsing should do fine.
When you're done painting, just hose off the spray mask, it's that simple.

1969chargerrtse

Boy I wish I knew that last Saturday.  I painted my engine compartment, and now I have to wax the whole car as I have a film from overspray all over it.  Stupid me.  :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Definitely a great product,I use 3M spray mask,when I did my friends duster,I had painted the whole underside and had the detailed dana rear all in when I painted the outside,so I had spray masked everything including the rear and leaf springs and after I gave it back to him,he laid underneath with the hose and just rinsed it all off,clean as can be!!!!!!