News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, the move's over, but the work isn't...

Started by hemi68charger, January 04, 2008, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I'm sure you all know what I mean..........   We closed on this new house on the 28th of Dec. and moved in on the 29th.. The house was the easy part.. My garage took me literally three days to move... As you can see, the new 4-car garage slowly, but surely filled to the brim... You can see Dana... The six pack '70's back there somewhere.  ::)

...and I still have to make room, believe it or not, for my '68 Hemi that should be done by month's end or early Feb. So, I have my work cut out for me.. What you see is literally everything I have collected that was dispersed between the garage's attic and floor of the old house's 4-car garage... Here, every thing's on the bottom floor. I have plenty of attic space though in this new one. The pitch of the roof is such I can nearly walk upright in the middle, so that'll make it nice........ I"ll insulate it and put some decking in with shelving..... In the end, I should have plenty of attic storage and room for my '68....

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 04, 2008, 11:18:31 PM
Holy Crap!  :o  no pun intended  :lol:

Paul, what are you saying? I"m a saint or I have a bunch of dodo?  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Just 6T9 CHGR

I think your garage is bigger than my whole house!  :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Now, get rid of that goofy pull-down ladder and install an elevator. :2thumbs: Looks like a fancy place. Are you a newly-elected state Senator or something?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 05, 2008, 06:51:49 AM
I think your garage is bigger than my whole house!  :rotz:

About twice the size of my apartment anyway.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

What a great set up - congratulations on the new home!   :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: bull on January 05, 2008, 07:43:31 AM
Now, get rid of that goofy pull-down ladder and install an elevator. :2thumbs: Looks like a fancy place. Are you a newly-elected state Senator or something?

Thanks... Nope... But I'll be working on it when I retire I think.. I could only afford this house because I'm taking care of my elderly Mother now and we sold her house to help with this one...... I've pushed legislation all the way to the Governor's desk to sign into law.. Pres. Bush when he was Governor............ The ladder is a big upgrade for me... I wish I had an elevator at this point, my legs and feet are sore as heck... But, gotta keep goin'........

Thanks to all for the cool words......

Troy
Troy

Skued

I feel your pain Troy.  After our move in day Dec.17th I still can't find my Charger in what I thought was my garage.  It's really a staging area for house hold things for my wife and empty box deposit. :smilielol:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

69_500

Where did you find a house with a 2 deep garage? I looked all over here in central Indiana for a house with a garage set up like that. Although I was asking a bit much, because I wanted one that was 3 cars wide, and 2 car deep and a house with a full basement as well. NO LUCK, or at least not in our price range.

You really thinking of running for an elected position after you retire Troy?

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

chargerboy69

I must admit I am jealous. Nice garage.

The wife and I are currently looking for a new home, I can not find a garage as nice as yours. I will probably have to have something built.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69_500

Ah see I missed that little tid bit of information.

Hey Troy, why don't you build me one of those for here in Indiana too? JK

chargerboy69

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2008, 01:06:59 PM
Ah see I missed that little tid bit of information.

Hey Troy, why don't you build me one of those for here in Indiana too? JK

Make that two of them here in Indiana.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2008, 12:02:49 PM
Where did you find a house with a 2 deep garage? I looked all over here in central Indiana for a house with a garage set up like that. Although I was asking a bit much, because I wanted one that was 3 cars wide, and 2 car deep and a house with a full basement as well. NO LUCK, or at least not in our price range.

You really thinking of running for an elected position after you retire Troy?

It took an act of Congress to get Darling Homes to build it since they've never built a garage this big or for that matter, a portacache this big..... But, I told them as I was walking out the door from the sales department, "You get me what I want, I'll buy"..... Needless to say, persistence paid off... It wasn't cheap mind you.... But, again, since I'm taking care of Mom now, things were a little bit better with the large down payment we were able to do... I'm financing what the average-Joe would....

Danny, as far as office goes, I've always been sort of attracted to the political arena in trying to "get things done that's just right"... The power of the pen and voice is something that still holds true to a certain degree here in the U.S. of A.... Plus, when someone ticks me off and I know I"m right or it's the right thing to do, I'm relentless....  Hence, the Bill I introduced and later became Law was spurred by someone ticking me off and calling me a "racist". That'll show him and now,, no more "freebies" for Mr.Deception...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

69_500

Ooooh,, well I can say that if someone was running for a political officer here in Indiana and had a Charger 500 and wanted a Daytona as badly as you do, I"D VOTE FOR THEM.

Okay so its not good to base votes on that, but man I would consider it.

TUFCAT

BEAUTIFUL MAN......that thing is HUGE!!!  Will you get central a/c, surround sound and plasma TV?  ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2008, 08:17:17 PM
Ooooh,, well I can say that if someone was running for a political officer here in Indiana and had a Charger 500 and wanted a Daytona as badly as you do, I"D VOTE FOR THEM.

I'm also a Veteran....  Desert Storm, Noble Eagle and two tours in Iraq.... :icon_smile_big:  I'd get rid of that stupid "gas guzzler" tax you see on the new Challenger SRT's...
Troy

400/6/PAC

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 05, 2008, 09:41:30 PM

I'm also a Veteran....  Desert Storm, Noble Eagle and two tours in Iraq.... :icon_smile_big:  I'd get rid of that stupid "gas guzzler" tax you see on the new Challenger SRT's...
i'm voting for troy
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 05, 2008, 09:41:06 PM
BEAUTIFUL MAN......that thing is HUGE!!!  Will you get central a/c, surround sound and plasma TV?  ;)

Thanks....... But, I'm no Donald Trump or Tim Wellborn (by the way, Tim has the ultimate garage. His even has a granite bar.)

But, I do have a cable tv outlet out there......... No a/c.. I'll eventually insulate the attic and/or get a portable a/c floor unit.....
Troy

hemi68charger

Here's some decking I did yesterday... The attic length is over 60 ft. long.. The decking can go to either side of the attic floor 2x4's. So, as you can see, plenty of space..... I'll put some shelves up to.. I'll have dedicated areas for Holiday decorations....
Troy

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparstuart on January 06, 2008, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 05, 2008, 09:41:30 PM

i'm voting for troy

Me too! :wave: :icon_smile_big:

Looks good in there, Troy.
I'm definitely dreading the day I move from my house...I've got 9 years worth of accumulation do deal with so far. ::) Last move, the garage & assorted crap was definitely the hardest part.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Troy!

Glad to see you're settling into the new place.  Long time coming, just like a few other things you've waited around a long time for.

The garage looks awesome (oh yeah, the house too   :lol: ).  It's also good to hear the '68 is coming home soon.

Geno

P.S.  Do you need a campaign manager??   :P

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on January 08, 2008, 02:08:09 PM
Troy!

Glad to see you're settling into the new place.  Long time coming, just like a few other things you've waited around a long time for.

The garage looks awesome (oh yeah, the house too   :lol: ).  It's also good to hear the '68 is coming home soon.

Geno

P.S.  Do you need a campaign manager??   :P

Sure,, your truck would make for a great campaign platform for speeches and hand-waving....... lol.......  Mopower to the People !!!
Troy

69_500

Troy for pres in 2020.

That gives you 12 years of local office before you go big time.

I wish my attic had that much room in it. Seems they didn't even think about putting any decking down when the built the house I live in.

472 R/T SE

Oh great, another politician from Texas.   :smilielol:

What a spread  :o  That's a half mill up here easy, prolly more.  Your home and garage most likely have more square footage than our whole lot.  It looks like you have room to grow on the side of the garage, also looks like you'll be needing a riding lawn mower.  You couldn't have picked a better time of the year to be up in the attic.  It's been so long since I've been up in mine I forget what's even up there.

Congrats man.  I know it was a pain in the arse at times but definitely looks worth it.   :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 08, 2008, 05:08:16 PM
  It's been so long since I've been up in mine I forget what's even up there.

Clark W. Griswold comes to mind.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Yeah but once he got up there, he was stuck.

Magnumcharger

Sure,, your truck would make for a great campaign platform for speeches and hand-waving....... lol.......  Mopower to the People !!!

Somehow I can picture this: Flatdeck truck, jug band, and a little fellow with a broom.
Vote for Homer Stokes!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed