News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coronet in the snow

Started by poppa, December 30, 2007, 12:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

So I take the old lady to the post office Friday , in Milwaukee snowing pretty good , she goes in and I get out to get rid of some snow , I turn around to go to the back of my truck and some guy putts by in a light green Coronet. Body looked pretty nice , paint just faded . Ended up with six inches. Don't know why someone would be driving that in that kind of weather. Had to be 69 or 70 , not real familiar with them.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

TK73

Pretty cool ,thats what they were built for... a guy in this area has a '69 Satellite 4-dr daily driver.  Another guy (young kid about 22) daily drives a '70 Cyclone.  Both year round...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Highbanked Hauler

I drove my 68 Charger through two New England (salt) winters and wish i hadn't. It accelerated the rust that had started unbelievably. Now I have three times the work to bring it back.It was a real dumb ass move on my part. :brickwall:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Shakey

I see threads and posts about these old cars and people moaning about how they are meant to be driven and not tucked away in a garage or hauled around on a trailer.

Then I see threads and posts about these old cars and people.......

joflaig

Quote from: poppa on December 30, 2007, 12:01:48 PM
So I take the old lady to the post office Friday , in Milwaukee snowing pretty good , she goes in and I get out to get rid of some snow , I turn around to go to the back of my truck and some guy putts by in a light green Coronet. Body looked pretty nice , paint just faded . Ended up with six inches. Don't know why someone would be driving that in that kind of weather. Had to be 69 or 70 , not real familiar with them.

That's funny, I was in West Allis last week on the one day when the weather was nice and saw two vintage cars on the streets. It was the right day to finally move one since there was no snow or salt for a day FINALLY.

PocketThunder

Hell i passed a 1936 Packard on the way home from work last week!  :o  The guy must have been late taking it to storage.  It was in #1 Condition.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tomdroptop

I thinks its awesome to see'em on the road.
I saw a 69 Charger last Friday (sunny) early morning & JUST saw a 71 Chally today (raining) here in NJ!

Ghoste

I think they were meant to be driven but a little common sense maybe applies too.  Driving them in salted or icy conditions is begging for trouble.  :Twocents:

JimShine

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on December 31, 2007, 10:13:29 AM
I drove my 68 Charger through two New England (salt) winters and wish i hadn't. It accelerated the rust that had started unbelievably. Now I have three times the work to bring it back.It was a real dumb ass move on my part. :brickwall:

Same here. Mine wasn't out in the middle of the winter or anything, but did go out before all of the salt was cleaned. My passenger side torsion bar crossmember went from a little crusty around a drain hole to rotted on the end in 2 years.

1BAD68

I remember a 70 Coronet a couple years ago in Milwaukee that I used to see when I worked in that area, light green with some rust in lower quarters that the guy was driving all year round.
two things stick in my memory of that car, it had chrome trim around the indents on the quarter panels and the license plate was personalized. I cant remember what it said exactly but it had something to do with the "F" word.

ChargerSG

I had a 70 Coronet(slant 6) that i was driving year around its was my Wintercar :icon_smile_big: Just undercoated it and bought some real winter tires... Allways strated(thou it had an bad cylinderhead) even when it was really cold outside :yesnod: I got it cheap and why not drive cheap Mopars on winter... :D
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TheGhost

I've driven my Barracuda year round for over 2 years now, and recently bought a 70 Plymouth wagon to become my new daily.  Before the Barracuda, my daily driver was a 68 Dart.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

When I'm home on the east coast [Mom's crib] I have my 93' RamCharger to plow around with. Lots of fun in the snow. When I'm out west on the Ranch, I have a 95' GMC 4X4 to get me around.

I would love to have an old "Grandpa" car to drive around when I'm home in the summer...... :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

High Impact

Quote from: ChargerSG on January 03, 2008, 03:02:11 PM
I had a 70 Coronet(slant 6) that i was driving year around its was my Wintercar :icon_smile_big: Just undercoated it and bought some real winter tires... Allways strated(thou it had an bad cylinderhead) even when it was really cold outside :yesnod: I got it cheap and why not drive cheap Mopars on winter... :D

I've got the same car with the same problem!  Kinda funny :rofl: