News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First production Challenger will be auctioned at Barret-Jackson w/pics

Started by TruckDriver, January 03, 2008, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I got this in a email today. Thought I'd share. I still think the wheels are ugly. The rest is looking good though.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=1331
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

T3/RT

I don`t like the wheels either. They should have stuck with the 2006-2007 ChargerSRT8 wheels. ::)

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

0X01B8

I zoomed in on the original pic to see the tire size and the fronts are 245/45 20s.  Can't really say if I like the wheels yet without a profile picture.

T3/RT

Same wheels.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Challenger wheel(left)SuperBee wheel(right)

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

keepat

I like the wheels but I think the tires are to small. The back tires are only 255 on the Challenger my Shelby has 255 up front and 285 on the back.
Pat

T3/RT

I think the Challenger would have looked better with these wheels.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Dave22443

At least they fixed the grill.  I like that a lot better.  This is one of those rare occasions where I think the production version actually looks better than the concept.  Too bad they are still "selling" the concept in the commercials.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ghoste

I like the wheels they chose.  I'll just be gald when we get past all of this "first year so I'll pay whatever it takes" crap.

Dave22443

Amen to that Ghost!  I want a new Challenger and I'm actually in a good position to purchase a new car later this year, but there's no way I'm going to pay a heavy markup just to "Be the First" to drive one. 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mike DC

I just hope they don't over-special-edition the Challengers.

If a Challenger is really gonna be called special, then it should be mechanically different from 98% of the other ones made.  I don't wanna see them selling "anniversary" and "limited" editions of Challys every other year with nothing but an extra pinstripe & added color on the seat vinyl. 

GM has a real problem with doing that.  Seems like the owners of every stick-shifted V8 Camaro or Corvette from the 1990s are all convinced that they've got a future COPO-level collectible on their hands.  It's a chintzy sales gimmick that cheapens the whole image of the car IMHO.

Ghoste

It wasn't any easier for the salesmen.  GM priced those striped turkeys at the top of the food chain and the dealer I worked for expected that these "limited" editions should sell for full pop.  They had to sit on the lot for a long time before he'd accept any discount on them and then he'd bitch about the "enthusiast" market.

T3/RT

The wheels from the brochure are special order wheels for the 2008 SRT Charger. I wonder if they will be the only option on the 2008 Challenger?

The prototypes have different wheels.

Photochop Challenger:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

I hope the Camaro does not go to auction as well. I think the auction thing is stupid for these cars.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 04, 2008, 08:27:32 PM

GM has a real problem with doing that.  Seems like the owners of every stick-shifted V8 Camaro or Corvette from the 1990s are all convinced that they've got a future COPO-level collectible on their hands.  It's a chintzy sales gimmick that cheapens the whole image of the car IMHO.

We're in luck then because we all know Dodge has never resorted to cheesy sales gimmicks by dredging up classic badging and names while leaving behind the styling that went with it. ::)

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 04, 2008, 07:46:59 AM
At least they fixed the grill. I like that a lot better. This is one of those rare occasions where I think the production version actually looks better than the concept. Too bad they are still "selling" the concept in the commercials.

Yes! I can't believe more of you haven't picked up on this. There's no effing crosshairs grille!! Am I the only one who's excited at the prospect of that POS going bye-bye forever on the cars?

Ghoste

I would bet the house that the Camaro will go to auction too.  The only reason for building these niche cars is to draw people into the showrooms and purchase high content (read profitable) family cars.  Same as it was in 1969.  The aucxtion is an amazing promotional tool for the car makers these days and it's very low cost for them.  Ford has been getting gobs of publicity from it, Dodge is getting great advertising mileage out of this one and I'd be shocked if Chevy didn't follow suit.