News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm on Sirius Sat. Radio on the Maxim 108 Tomorrow 2pm.

Started by NYCMille, January 02, 2008, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

For the last 4 weeks I have been co-hosting a show on Sirius Sat. Radio on the Maxim Magazine channel 108. The show is called RPM and I'll be  on Thur. from 2-3pm ET. It's a call-in show and we BS about what's going on in automobile world, take call-in's (which are HILARIOUS) and generally just goof off on Maxim's dime.

So, for those interested and have nothing better to do give a listen or just call-in...

Cheers ya'll - Mike
:cheers:

Ponch ®

Sweet! I'm usually at work during that time, but I'll try to sneak down to my car and check it out.  :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

71ChallengeHer

Sounds like a lot of fun , Mike. :2thumbs:  I wish I could listen but I have to work. :pity:  They use to have a AM show here were they would get local celebrities on and interview them.  When I worked for Bobby Allen , they interviewed him. So we all stayed at the shop and decided to call in. We asked him what he did in a 50 lap feature race if he had to pee. It was so funny  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  He was stuttering trying to answer " Well , well I guess I just hold it. "   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

RD

dude, you are going to be rubbing elbows with the likes of bruce willis and john schneider now :D

make sure you get pics of their chargers, well, bruce willis' anyway, hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BrianShaughnessy

Sounds cool...  except I'll never pay for radio  :-\

But if you click the right links and stuff,   you can get a free 3 day trial over the web.   :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemigeno

:2thumbs:

My free Sirius subscription (from when I bought my truck) still has a few months to go, but I won't be able to call in today.  Did I read this right, that you have been on every day for the last 4-weeks??  :shruggy:

I'll be road-tripping tomorrow and might be able to listen in tomorrow and/or Saturday.

Very cool though...   :coolgleamA:

skip68

Mike's going all "Hollywood" on us!!! :smilielol: :nana: I wonder if he'll still remember all us little people when he gets really famous?!?  :pity:  So when is Mr.Angry's movie coming out????? :shruggy: :D Hint, hint, hint! :scratchchin:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: skip68 on January 03, 2008, 12:35:29 PM
Mike's going all "Hollywood" on us!!! :smilielol: :nana: I wonder if he'll still remember all us little people when he gets really famous?!?  :pity:  So when is Mr.Angry's movie coming out????? :shruggy: :D Hint, hint, hint! :scratchchin:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Mr Angry goes to Monte Carlo?   :shruggy:
Mr Angry Fully Loaded?   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

I have factory Sirius radio installed in my car - that's the good news. The bad news is, I can't listen to it in the garage. Anyway, it was 16 degrees this afternoon in Detroit and I backed the car out just to listen to Maxim (no signal inside). Unfortunately, I couldn't justify keeping the car running for more than 15 minutes. First of all, let me say that I really enjoyed the show. The commentary and opinions were excellent and very entertaining. Nobody argued or tried to talk over anybody or dominate the discussion.  When somebody said something, it was right on, well stated, and for the most part humorous!   It reminded me of when I listened to the "Sports Junkies" on WJFK in Washington DC. They also had a really great show (I think it went national) and Mike's show is formatted in much the same way. Instead of a few guys getting around a table talking about sports and other "stuff", the topic was cars.  Very well done :cheers: and Good luck!  You guys have a great style, and really know your shit about all cars.  :yesnod:

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Glad you like the show... nothing on the show is scripted and honestly, it really is just 2 or 3 guys sitting around BS'ing about the auto industry, whats happening with cars, what may happen and taking some call-in's. All in all just a fun thing to do on a Thurs. afternoon. Plus I learned a new term today from a friendly trucker named Quad (and yes, that was his real name) from Canada.

The phrase is... "Lot Lizard" - it may mean not what you think it means...

Cheers Ya'll.

Mike ;D

RD

lot lizard?  that is a rest stop hooker found to be soliciting her capitalistic wares truck to truck...

geezz.. you city folk have very limited vocabularies.  :smilielol:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NYCMille

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on January 03, 2008, 06:14:35 PM
Hey guys -

Glad you like the show... nothing on the show is scripted and honestly, it really is just 2 or 3 guys sitting around BS'ing about the auto industry, whats happening with cars, what may happen and taking some call-in's. All in all just a fun thing to do on a Thurs. afternoon. Plus I learned a new term today from a friendly trucker named Quad (and yes, that was his real name) from Canada.

Cheers Ya'll.

Mike ;D

I'm gonna guess Quad is a Newfie - just a guess.   :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

Quote"Lot Lizard"   

:smilielol:  bubba the luv sponge uses that term alot. i missed your show today. i got family visiting from florida. maybe next week , Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dukeboy_318

just got sirius installed bout 10 minutes ago, ill be sure to tune in :2thumbs:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

pettyfan43

Quote from: NYCMille on January 03, 2008, 06:14:35 PM
Hey guys -

Cheers Ya'll.

Mike ;D

At circle tracks, they're called "Pit Lizards"   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

Tell Stern I said hi if you see him ;)

I just saw this thread and will make sure to tune you in and maybe call next Thursday  :2thumbs:

I've had sirus since Stern signed up  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

pettyfan43

Quote from: Khyron on January 03, 2008, 11:11:56 PM
Tell Stern I said hi if you see him ;)

I just saw this thread and will make sure to tune you in and maybe call next Thursday  :2thumbs:

I've had sirus since Stern signed up  :icon_smile_big:

And afterward, pop him in the mouth for me, I can't stand that moron!

Forza

How can you not like Stern? That guy has one of the most outrageous shows, love it! Grats on the show Mike, wish I had Sirius radio but I'm too cheap.

NYCMille

It's interesting because when you get up to Sirus there are maybe 20-30 small studios on one side of the floor and then other is completely dedicated to Stern. He has a split level studio that is basically off limits to everyone but his crew. Every now and again though I'll see someone... ex: two weeks ago Martha Stewart was doing a show in the both next to us and last week Hannah Montana was 3 studio's down.

pettyfan43

Quote from: NYCMille on January 04, 2008, 08:46:08 AM
It's interesting because when you get up to Sirus there are maybe 20-30 small studios on one side of the floor and then other is completely dedicated to Stern. He has a split level studio that is basically off limits to everyone but his crew. Every now and again though I'll see someone... ex: two weeks ago Martha Stewart was doing a show in the both next to us and last week Hannah Montana was 3 studio's down.

They should have asked you for YOUR autograph! They don't impress me, I've yet to see THEIR cool 68 Chargers!!!!