News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new Vanity plate is in, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 02, 2008, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

O.K, here we go with more drama. I ordered a vanity plate for my charger shortly after I got it. I wanted RT.SE.  I mailed out to the State of CT the proper paper work and 90.00 fee :yesnod: .  The State of CT sent my check and paperwork back saying I need to wait 8 weeks after my first charger registration and sent everything back  :-\ .  I waited a little longer and sent it again, they sent it back  :shruggy:.  I waited another month and sent it again, finally the check clears and today, many months later my long awaited special plate comes to my house  :woohoo:.  I was so excited, my wife calls and says, your plate is here.  Really!  Does it say RT.SE:icon_smile_big:  No.  What?  It says SERT.  SERT? I ask?  Yes.  You mean SERT!  SERT?  No dot in the middle?  My charger is going to say SERT on the back?  Are you kidding me?   :eyes: Hold on, let me look she says,  Oh yea, SE.RT  :hah:    :smilielol:  ( that's her laughing, not me) So I ask for RT.SE and get SE.RT?  I went on the DMV site and RT.SE is availbale.  :shruggy:  What would you do, would you call them and have it changed , probably at your expense.  Or let it go?  :icon_smile_question: I look at it this way and probably will let it slide.  Here we go.  Even though "I" think RT should be in front of the trim package letters SE , I remember when I had my SS (Super Sport) RS (Rally sport) Pace car, I called it a RS/SS, not SS/RS.  That made me feel a little better.  1) Would you wait 8 more weeks and pay another 90.00 and change it, or let it ride?  2).  Show me your plate!!  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

heres mine !!

Id make them do it the way you wanted it to start with .....se rt just dont sound right
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

though what they sert ya'   :smilielol: ain't so bad, i'd have them make it right... it's their goof, they should fix it...

(can you get "R/TS.E.") ?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 02, 2008, 05:34:19 PM
heres mine !!

Id make them do it the way you wanted it to start with .....se rt just dont sound right
Oh, I was hoping you weren't going to say that.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bill440rt

I would use some as-sert-ive action & let them make it right.

BTW, 1hot68 & I have the obvious vanity plates!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Paul G

Try to make them change it. SE.RT just doesnt look right. You paid $90 for it. Make them get it right.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Khyron

yeah, sounds like DMV in-SERT-ed it right in yer bum :nana:

hey, I had to get on the bandwagon too ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NYCMille on January 02, 2008, 06:05:36 PM
....  :2thumbs:  ....
Not to sure about the plate ( I'd move over fast if you were behind me with that thing)  but what a great front end shot!

MGBRingo

njsteve

You think you got it bad? I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA. I guess the prisoner making the plates got a kick out of that one. Of course DMV then altered the paperwork to show I must have ordered it that way. It took about 8 weeks to get it fixed.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on January 02, 2008, 05:50:06 PM

Hey Bill, look.....no grey stripes!! ;)

PS---heres mine...not on the Charger though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

1969chargerrtse

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: njsteve on January 02, 2008, 08:06:40 PM
You think you got it bad? I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA. I guess the prisoner making the plates got a kick out of that one. Of course DMV then altered the paperwork to show I must have ordered it that way. It took about 8 weeks to get it fixed.
Steve, thrilled to have you aboard!  You didn't tell me you joined.  :boogie: This is one of my friends, guys and girls, Steve.S  He has so much to offer ( 70 Hemi Charger, and tons of knowledge and skill ) and funny as all get out.  Thrilled to have you Steve, there are so many wonderful and talented people on this site.  Welcome aboard. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

bull

69_500

I'd send the plate back to them, and either have them change it, or just go to a regular plate.

I request XX29L9B for my personalized plate, and the DMV here in Indiana did a search and said it was available. So I mailed in my check and waited. January is when the personalized plates are mailed out each year. This will make the 3rd year of waiting and paying the $45 application fee. So far I've never seen a single personalized plate other than one that came back saying 69CHGR500 which is in no way shape or form what I asked for. But it wasn't all that bad so I rode around with that one for a year.

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Todd Wilson

Ghoste

If you don't change it you'll have to continually answer questions from the general public wanting to know what a SERT is.  Rt SE, they might get but the other, I just can't see most people getting it.

Brock Samson

actually to me and my twisted, sick mind, kinda left of center and just a wee bit off,.. That looks alot like Raped Ape, and is really kinda' cool...

it'd go nice on this er' ride...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 02, 2008, 08:33:13 PM
Steve, thrilled to have you aboard!  You didn't tell me you joined.  :boogie: This is one of my friends, guys and girls, Steve.S  He has so much to offer ( 70 Hemi Charger, and tons of knowledge and skill ) and funny as all get out.  Thrilled to have you Steve, there are so many wonderful and talented people on this site.  Welcome aboard. :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site Steve :cheers:

:drool5: over your 70 Hemi Charger at Carlisle last year......just think...only 7 more months till this years Carlisle! 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA.

HILARIOUS!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

By the way, RT SE is my vote.  Sorry to pile on, but the BALLS of those people to arbitrarily make an unauthorized change without notifying you (after paying them $90 bucks). No consideration - I'd be pissed. :cussing:

RTPTRON

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 02, 2008, 08:08:03 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on January 02, 2008, 05:50:06 PM

Hey Bill, look.....no grey stripes!! ;)

PS---heres mine...not on the Charger though

Watch it, wise guy!!   :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 02, 2008, 09:06:28 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 02, 2008, 08:33:13 PM

Welcome to the site Steve :cheers:

:drool5: over your 70 Hemi Charger at Carlisle last year......just think...only 7 more months till this years Carlisle! 

YESS!!! Hi, Steve! I've drooled over that RT/SE since the early '90's. Awesome car.  :2thumbs:  See you at Carlisle!!

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

last426

remta1

thet wouldnt like it if you called them the VD..M  , but seriously if it bugs you now its going to really annoy you if it is on your car and people start asking questions and i dont know how long the correct plate you want  will last   

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: remta1 on January 03, 2008, 03:23:57 AM
they wouldn't like it if you called them the VD..M  , but seriously if it bugs you now its going to really annoy you if it is on your car and people start asking questions and i don't know how long the correct plate you want  will last   
I'll call VDM or DMV today.  I can live with it if I have to.  Those of us that know what an RT.SE is probably won't think  much of which way the letters go, should they see the car on the road, and those that know nothing about cars, or could care less about cars like the 4 other people in my family (what ever happened to the apple not falling fall from the tree?, I must of planted my tree on a hill) wouldn't know what an RT.SE or SE.RT is anyway. :shruggy:     

histoy

71_deputy

here's mine- cost's over $200.00 up here!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Old Moparz

I wouldn't want SERT at all, & would rather use a regular, non-vanity, type plate. I say that for all of the reasons mentioned, plus the fact that it'll become your new nickname whether you like it or not.  :lol:

I don't have a vanity plate on my Charger yet, but these 3 are on my Satellite, Scamp, & Ram. 

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MichaelRW

I got this one after trying for a few others but the DMV said they were already taken.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: MichaelRW on January 03, 2008, 04:00:30 PM
I got this one after trying for a few others but the DMV said they were already taken.
Wow, :drool5:  What a plate, what a car.

1969chargerrtse

O.k, so I go to open the envelope and see if I can find a number to call DMV.  What do I find?  They sent me a registration for the 72 corvette I sold to buy the Charger!  :shruggy:.  Now I have no registration for the Charger.  I called them and at first it was , well. you must of......   Finally they took some blame and looked things up.  As for RT.SE  It Is taken buy someone close to my town (he wouldn't say where) and I think a Challenger as he said It was the same car company and a car that is close to the Charger name.  So I'm keeping SE.RT for now anyway, and tomorrow I have to fax my registration paperwork so they can issue me the correct paperwork for the Charger.  :eyes:

69_500

Check and make sure the plate is for the right car as well. If theye screwed up the registration then the plate is probably listed as being for a Corvette as well. As if SE.RT isn't dislexic enough when on a Dodge think of how mental you'd have to be to try to put 2 and 2 together if it was on a plastic pig?

1969chargerrtse

The plate is for the vette, now.  but when I send my correct registration, they will issue the plate all over again to the Charger.  Understand, I got SE.RT because that was my second choice if RT.SE was not taken.  When I went on the CT DMV site and looked up RT.SE it came as a thumbs up available.  So that's why I was wondering why I got the second choice.  Here's the link to check plates you want.  http://www.dmvplate.state.ct.us/VanityPlate.asp?PlateNo=RT.SE&PlateType=Standard   As for why didn't I get a standard plate.  By using the classic plate the max value put on your car for taxes is 500.00. So I pay about 14.00 a year for car tax.  :D

TUFCAT

I still think they owed you the courtesy of telling you that RT.SE was already taken.....with all those mistakes - I'd get all TUFCAT on their asses :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: But I know, you're a nice guy  :angel: Cheers  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 03, 2008, 06:50:24 PM
I still think they owed you the courtesy of telling you that RT.SE was already taken.....with all those mistakes - I'd get all TUFCAT on their asses :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: But I know, you're a nice guy  :angel: Cheers  :cheers:
Well, you list 6 things you want starting with the one you want most as # 1.  Obviously something is wrong if it says it's still available, and it's not.  I'm Cool, SE.RT is O.K.  :coolgleamA:

rustafarian

Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

MichaelRW

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Brock Samson

this is what's on my Runner,.. alot of folks comment on it... though it's not a personalised one... i thinks it's cool..

this other one is on the R/V i haven't a clue as to what it means but...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 03, 2008, 09:47:04 PM
this is what's on my Runner,.. alot of folks comment on it... though it's not a personalised one... i thinks it's cool..

this other one is on the R/V i haven't a clue as to what it means but...
I Love those cars, beautiful shape. 

TX9 Charger

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

TX9 Charger

Thanks 1hot68. It took a while to get it to look like that. LOL. Here is one I used to have on a different car. As the tag states , I was was one happy sob! Seems like it takes forever to finish a car. But when your're done it's way worth it. I still have a s**t eatin grin!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TX9 Charger on January 04, 2008, 04:41:37 PM
Thanks 1hot68. It took a while to get it to look like that. LOL. Here is one I used to have on a different car. As the tag states , I was was one happy sob! Seems like it takes forever to finish a car. But when your're done it's way worth it. I still have a s**t eatin grin!

Worth it for sure!!

MichaelRW

A good personalized plate for a 2nd gen Charger would be WARP DRV.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TX9 Charger

1hot68, your car is sinister looking!!

I don't mean to highjack the thread, but here are a few more pics.

The color combo is how it left the factory. Unusual for sure. It's not a play pretty, I drive it a lot. About 4000 miles a year. You'll notice the wiper blades missing. Something popped up from the road on thw way to the Garlits show in Florida & cracked  the windshield . About a 1300 mile trip for me. I spose that happens when driving it. I'll fix it & go on. My next plate should be PRMAGRIN

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TX9 Charger on January 04, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

The color combo is how it left the factory. Unusual for sure. It's not a play pretty, I drive it a lot. About 4000 miles a year. You'll notice the wiper blades missing. Something popped up from the road on thw way to the Garlits show in Florida & cracked  the windshield . About a 1300 mile trip for me. I spose that happens when driving it. I'll fix it & go on. My next plate should be PRMAGRIN

Thanks TX9 !! youre also looks pretty evil too!  :naughty:

PS mine did not come that way I made it that way all by myself :D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TX9 Charger on January 04, 2008, 06:35:46 PM

It's my thread, you can highjack it anytime with that rare and awesome Charger.  :drool5:

sick dawg

I don't have one for my charger yet, but  I'm getting one soon.
This is the one on my Harley Fatboy.

1969chargerrtse

I found out from DMV why the internet CT DMV site  says RT.SE is available?  Ct has many plate styles, the antique plate on my car is not on the list of plate names to check on the internet, but the CT "standard" plate is.  What I'm saying is, believe it or not I can have a classic plate on the Charger that is from CT and says RT.SE, and my neighbor can have another CT plate like the "standard" blue/white Ct plate also with RT.SE !  Crazy?  I said, so If a guy robs a bank and takes off and someone says the plate said RT.SE, that's not enough for the cops?  They need to know which kind of CT plate it was?  Stupid.  But thats why it is available, but not on the classic plate.  If I get the standard plate , then I pay taxes on the 35,000ish value of the car instead of the 500.00 max value on the plate I already have.  I don't want the plate that bad.  :eek2:

sick dawg

That's crazy! Here in the great state of little Mexico ( the peoples republic of Maryland ) we have four different types of plates. If somebody gets a vanity plate, it's done. It's now off the table across the board for all kinds of plates. :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: sick dawg on January 05, 2008, 08:12:29 PM
That's crazy! Here in the great state of little Mexico ( the peoples republic of Maryland ) we have four different types of plates. If somebody gets a vanity plate, it's done. It's now off the table across the board for all kinds of plates. :cheers:
I know,I told her on the phone, that's nuts! :yesnod:  I haven't even brought up the subject that my Charger is no longer registered, but the vette I sold is, to me.  They have no record of my charger registration past the inspection for the VIN.  I have 2 checks, but can't find the registration either. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.  Somebody help me.  :eek:

69bronzeT5

You think you got it bad? I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I dont have plates on my '69 yet. I do have a plate though. Its a BC plate thats from 1969. Its on the front of the car. When I do get plates for the car, they're gonna say "CHARGD" :2thumbs:. I had a rebel flag plate on the back but when the car got stolen in the summer, it fell off somewhere. I found it sitting on the floor of the car. I guess the tow truck driver stopped and picked it up when the plate fell off but did he stop for the tailight trim...NOOOOO! :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

Well I can see having the same plate numbers or words if its a different plate. IE if the cops get a report that someone robbed a bank and drove off in a car with the plate number RT.SE

If a person can tell you what the plate number was on a car as it was driving away they can also tell you the color of the car, or possibly even a model type or brand. Odds are if someone robs a bank and has RT.SE on the plate and drives of the eye witness would be able to tell if it was a 1989 Ford F-150 or a 1969 Dodge Charger, right?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2008, 08:31:34 PM
Well I can see having the same plate numbers or words if its a different plate. IE if the cops get a report that someone robbed a bank and drove off in a car with the plate number RT.SE

If a person can tell you what the plate number was on a car as it was driving away they can also tell you the color of the car, or possibly even a model type or brand. Odds are if someone robs a bank and has RT.SE on the plate and drives of the eye witness would be able to tell if it was a 1989 Ford F-150 or a 1969 Dodge Charger, right?
I hear ya, but what if it was a car that was close to another car style like, one guy has a SUV and they other guy had a SUV?  I don't know, just seems like why leave any chance for a misidenification error, espesially in a court of law with some scum bag defense lawyer,  " Well then, you're really not 100% sure, correct?"  etc...

WheresMyCharger

Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RusTy/SE

During the summer of 2007 i went to the local Alabama Department of Revenue office to purchase a Vintage Vehicle license plate for my Challenger; there was a one time charge of $13.26. The lady at first brought me VAL443 so I thought, "why not?" and asked if VAL440 was available. Sure enough, she took VAL443 back to the stack it came from and returned with VAL440 :icon_smile_cool:

I found the 'all zeroes' Alabama plate years ago at a rural antique market.

Russ

68X426

I think the most awesome plate is HEMI FI. Somebody has it already in California, anyone know who?

My Runner is tagged with 68X426. Only Mopar folk get it. The DMV had a special review, saying that it reads something provocative if viewed up side down. An appeal finally ok'd it.

My question to the DMV: even if it meant something clever or dirty, when is the car upside down -or- when are bystanders upside down? Only in California.  :coocoo:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mauve66

several over the years on the same car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

The70RT

Not a vanity but a sample. I was originally gonna put iton the front of the Charger, I checked ebay recently and these more common than I thought.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us